Fire in Revere (Breaking News) Looking for info!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Fire in Revere (Breaking News) Looking for info!

I got a message that commuter trains are delayed because there is a fire in Revere.  No info on BDC.  Anyone know anything? 

Should I be making overnight plans to stay in Boston? 

Is anyone in danger?

Hope it's minor. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Re: Fire in Revere (Breaking News) Looking for info!

Where is Kraid when you need her??  I know she knows what's going on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

The Newbury/Rockport line is experiencing up to 30 minute delays due to "fire department activity."  But it doesn't say the trains are cancelled or that you can't get home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I know.  Just wondering how severe the issue.

Generally when they say 30 minutes, they mean hours.  The info is not usually complete and often inaccurate.

I am hearing now that the delays are over.  I sure hope they are correct and that the fire was not severe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Aunt Beth, go over to South Station and take C&J trailways into Newburyport.  Much quicker.  :-) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I think if it were really severe, it would be on the home page.  Since it's not, hopefully everything will be OK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You can sign up for email alerts from the MBTA. They work pretty well. You pick which lines or stops you use, so it's easier than checking the website.
    Not that it would help finding out about this particular fire, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    I haven't heard anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Fire in Revere (Breaking News) Looking for info!:
    You can sign up for email alerts from the MBTA . They work pretty well. You pick which lines or stops you use, so it's easier than checking the website. Not that it would help finding out about this particular fire, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't heard anything.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

I keep telling myself to do that.  I just wish I could ask for only Green line alerts for the one I actually take. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I get the alerts.  That's how I heard about the delay in the first place.  Searching all over and no news.  Must have been minor, but close to the tracks.

Oh well.  I panic because I've been stuck on trains for up to 3 1/2 hours in the past.  But it is rare.  I thought if I knew what the emergency was, I'd get a better idea of whether to brave the train ride home. 

Still wondering what happened.  But got home safe and nearly on time.  All good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

3.5 hours??? That's awful AB. I'm glad your trip home went okay.