Help - Come up with Menu Ideas????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Help - Come up with Menu Ideas????

No idea where to even start with this one. We are getting married at a country club and after meeting with the manager he said to come up with ideas we would like to hve for dinner at our reception. He said they can do whatever we want...Where do I begin? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Help - Come up with Menu Ideas????

Most clubs will have function menus.  See if they have one. It's a good place to start. Otherwise, go to the websites for other clubs and pull their menus.

If you want to be more proactive and involved, determine what kind of entrees you want and tell the chef to put together list of beef, chicken, fish or whatever recipies that they like and you will select one. You don't need to start from scratch.  GL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you truly have no idea what you want, ask the manager what people have had in the past.  You can't be their first wedding - it's just your first. ;)

Usually, any place like that could do a prime rib nicely.  You can have that as part of a buffet or as one of two or three entree choices.  

Do you have a lot of vegetarians attending?

Is it a buffet or sit-down?

You can have the professionals there make suggestions; they know what their establishment does best and what gets the highest reviews.  Just because someone says you can do what you want doesn't mean you have to come up with the whole dinner menu yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I agree with Kar and ask for suggestions from past weddings.
    First you need to decide if sit-down or buffet and think of your favorite foods, foods that in general most folks like and go from there.
    Also, maybe you could look on line at some wedding packages and see sample menus. 

I think this might be fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

If you truly have free reign, get creative! I've had a few friends in the past base their menu on the location of their honeymoon (Spain, Italy, Morocco, etc...) or on the culture of their heritage. Or make your appetizers part of the theme.

When I was picking my menu, the caterer stressed to us that the food should be a reflection of the couple getting married and that no matter what, you can't please everyone who's attending. We decided on one chicken, one seafood, and one pasta based dish to get the full realm. Also, keep in mind, all MA caterers/chefs now have to be knowledgable and certified in all food allergies education, so they should be providing options for Gluten-free, etc. which we have on our guest list.

Good luck!