Last minute advice!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caringteacher. Show caringteacher's posts

Last minute advice!

Well it's now Sunday and that means that two weeks from now, the wedding will be here. What were some last minute tasks or items that you forgot to do or pack? Feel free to share some last minute advice too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Last minute advice!

Make a totally comprehensive list of the things you will need to bring with you to the ceremony/reception.  Include everything, even "obvious" stuff that you think you can't possibly forget.  Then, check everything off as you see it go into the car.

I left my veil at home because I thought it was too dumb to bother listing my articles of clothing - "Who would forget any of THAT," I thought.  Me.  I did.  And, the church is an hour from the house.  My soon to be husband risked life and limb to retreive it (despite my objections and insistence that we could go ahead without it) and made it back just in time...I never want to know how.

GL and relax.  Whatever happens, you'll be married at the end of the day.  Try to focus on that fact if and when things feel a little out of control.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Bring, or have your maid of honor bring, some small snacks, like cheese sticks or something easy and neat to eat, and plenty of bottled water (with straws so you don't wreck your lipstick) so that you don't get low blood sugar or get dehydrated. I learned this from doing public speaking and trade shows, but it's applicable to weddings because you're "on" all day and constantly being interrupted and so on and may not get to eat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

a "to do" or "stuff I have to bring" list is really essential. if you can, schedule it into your phone so you get pop-up reminders. Schedule yourself plenty of travel time, especially if there's rain! It rained the whole weekend for my wedding, and it took forever to drive anywhere.

and in addition to snacks and water: saftey pins, tissues, band-aids and masking tape (white if you can find it). Because you never know. I had a little clasp missing on my gown that no one- including the seamstress- noticed, and thank goodness my MOH had a safety pin tucked away in her makeup bag so we could fix it. Masking tape is good to temporarily fix fallen hem or act as fashion tape to prevent any *ahem* slips.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good advice from everyone.  I would add to bring some sort of stain remover - Tide or Shout or whatever.  Something from my flowers got pink all over the front of my dress and after 2 minutes of furious scrubbing with the Shout thingie, it was gone.

Ditto lists, and have someone else check that you've got everything because with all of the anticipation you'll be feeling you might even check something off your list that you don't actually have (like I did with my shoes, which luckily my mom realized).

Good luck!  Enjoy your day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from koala. Show koala's posts

Relax and enjoy the day!  The best advice I got was to really try to pay attention to what was going on so I could remember it.  You don't want to get so caught up in the little things that you don't appreciate the whole experience.  Have fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Remember to include items that you will need if you're staying overnight after the wedding.  We stayed in a hotel after the wedding and I was so focused on what I needed for the wedding that I didn't remember most of what I would need for that night or the next day.  This included toiletries, thank god one of my BM's packed me an emergency bag that included contact solution, tooth paste and deodorant!

Also, perhaps the best advice I received when planning for my wedding was: if anything goes wrong the only person that will know is you.  That saying helped me stay sane in the days leading up to the wedding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMCustomWeddings. Show PMCustomWeddings's posts

All great advice!  If there was one thing I wish I wouldn't have done, it would have been to drink some water & add some lipgloss before our first dance.  With all the time spent greeting people in the receiving line and basic running around, I didn't stop to do this before we stepped onto the dance floor.  The result was having extreme dry mouth during our first dance and it got worse every time I smiled while dancing.  So, keep hydrated and snack when you can... to keep your energy up.

Remember to relax and enjoy your day!  Have fun and everything else will fall into place just fine.

Best wishes for a beautiful day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, I like that you said the only person who in most cases will know something went wrong is you.  It reminds me of what Julia Child used to say...something like, "Your guests won't see the picture in the recipe book so don't worry if your result doesn't look just like the picture!"

I thought of something else.  My dad is a former pastor and married lots of people.  More than you'd think passed out at the alter.  Everyone in your wedding party (including you and your groom!) should be told to bend their knees slightly during the ceremony.  It's a common nervous response to lock your knees in the stick-straight position, and that can cause fainting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Last minute advice!:
    [QUOTE]clc, I like that you said the only person who in most cases will know something went wrong is you.  It reminds me of what Julia Child used to say...something like, "Your guests won't see the picture in the recipe book so don't worry if your result doesn't look just like the picture!" I thought of something else.  My dad is a former pastor and married lots of people.  More than you'd think passed out at the alter.  Everyone in your wedding party (including you and your groom!) should be told to bend their knees slightly during the ceremony.  It's a common nervous response to lock your knees in the stick-straight position, and that can cause fainting.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

good advice! This happened to me once. Not at a wedding, but at a chorus concert when I was in junior high. I went down like a ton of bricks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, Pink!  Sorry you're living proof of the warning's validity. ;)