OT - I miss my friends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]

Pour one out for our dearly departed BDC homies - I miss you all too! I'm just glad to have been cyberfans of you ladies for a couple of years before my engagement :) I felt well-prepared for this wedding planning thing!

[/Quote]

Here, here! We miss you ladies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT - I miss my friends

yes! I'm right :-) *happy dance in her office chair*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Hi Everyone,

I thought i'd come in here on a whim, and saw the thread. I haven't been in BDC much lately. I've been getting real frustrated with this new format, and alot of our "regulars" all of a sudden, are no longer here.

I know that alot of our "regulars" have moved to the babies message board, and since I don't have any, I can't relate.

I've been spending alot of time on facebook lately. I joined a couple of months back, and reconnected with alot of the people I grew up with. I also have a cat and have been going into united cats.com.

I've also been trying to find a new job, and with the economy the way it is, its been a beyond frustraing, real depressing time. I did pick up a "seasonal" job with a local retailer, that i'm expecting that to end after valentine's day.

Oh, and the "over 40" age bias in the job market is alive & well!

Well, that's the latest from here. I'll be sure to check in with everyone soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]You may use other names of mine as well.

Though, Northern remembers well, the sailors did say I was a fine girl.[/Quote]

It suits you.

(singing to myself)....But my life, my love and my lady...is the sea......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Hi CT and Laryan! good to 'see' you again! I decided this am to go cold turkey and quit the boards. but as you see, I didn't make it very far into the day!

Love to all - remember - keep your plans 'down to earth!'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

OT - I miss my friends

p.s. AuntBeth, thanks for sticking around :) Your voice of reason is much needed and appreciated on these boards!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Yeah, I finally got engaged and now everyone's gone!

WED pops up on the baby boards once in awhile and last I heard Jacob was doing really well!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

OT - I miss my friends

So funny!!! Ridley sticks in my head too. But I'll be singing to myself everytime I see a HelpHelpIShareANameWithAnAwesome70sSong post!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT - I miss my friends

no doors, i work in a cube. I suppose I should have said I did a happy dance in my cubical chair then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I say we also just need a good old fashion get together one of these days, page some of us BDC ladies on the Wedding channel board as well. I have a better car now so driving places would be easier 'cause I know Auntie & helphelp are both north of Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Yes, indeed - some of the great posters are "semi-retired" - miss them too. Once in a while they will pop up, but is is not like the old days, where everyone were on the boards.
    I am not sure it has anything to do with the new boards. People move ahead and their priorities changes. And that is a good sign.

On a different note, my company is desperately looking for a book keeper and a secretary. I know the job market is lousy, but where are all those unemployed people, they are talking about?
    No, I am not advertising --- we had enough adds in the papers. I am just mentioning the facts, that people are complaining, that there are no jobs out there - and we have a difficult time to find someone. What is going on? Maybe the state of MA is having a too good unemployment package. Just wondering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Lar, best wishes in the job search - it's as cold as the weather out there. :( What do you do, if you don't mind my asking? Maybe we could serve as a networking resource...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

....we don't say, 'twat.'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - I miss my friends

love-to-plan - sorry you have had such a difficult year. Things like that DO put other "crises" in perspective. Thanks for checking in. Best to you and yours in 2009.

kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]You may use other names of mine as well.

Though, Northern remembers well, the sailors did say I was a fine girl.[/Quote]
    And a good wife you must be...

I have that on my ipod. I listened to it when it first came out. Am I dating myself??

It took me 10 minutes to post this. First I couldn't log on. Then it kept posting without me submitting it. Boston.com, fix this mess...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT - I miss my friends

GO BRUINS!!

Kar, I'm an AA/Receptionist by trade...has been doing alot of retail "just to have a paycheck coming in".

Is open to anything that is "non-retail" at this point, and I need a position that is "MBTA's Orange line friendly"...(one of my biggest obstacles, its amazing the amount of hiring managers & recruiters automatically "assume" that people have a car. I do have access to one, but DH needs it for his job)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I got to hug AuntBeth. Be jealous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT - I miss my friends

...or she'd turn around and wave :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I miss helphelpImthefunniestone and Cosmogirl, Ash and Laryan.

There are many that have left us - Ralphie and Sarabeth and Waggie - but I miss them.

They are all out there - in cyber-space - sipping their favorite cocktail, a Miller High Life for one...a Cosmopolitan for another..... for me - a quality Chardonay...but no - I'm not with them.... I am here - missing them.

A toast - to my old and dear cyber-friends - best to you all - we miss you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Sorry help to hear of your predicaments. I am hoping things will turn out a lot better for you. Best to you dear - Pingo

[Quote]I had a whole long post about the sad state of my affairs and what I've been doing with myself that just went *poof* upon hitting submit.

Short short version:
    My gramps died
    Everyone's got cancer
    Being crippled sucks
    So does getting laid off
    Can't stomach beer
    Been avoiding my problems by reading romance novels instead
    Will be at the game tonight, wave if you see me

<3[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I had a whole long post about the sad state of my affairs and what I've been doing with myself that just went *poof* upon hitting submit.

Short short version:
    My gramps died
    Everyone's got cancer
    Being crippled sucks
    So does getting laid off
    Can't stomach beer
    Been avoiding my problems by reading romance novels instead
    Will be at the game tonight, wave if you see me

<3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I'd love to meet up with everyone! I have class on Tue & Thur, but if you ever meet up on another night, I'm there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

can't drink beer? that s_cks!

and the other stuff too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I can drink beer, but I get sick before I get drunk, so it's a lousy vehicle for escapism.

I'll have a few tonight at the Garden. My mom will make sure of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Pour one out for our dearly departed BDC homies - I miss you all too! I'm just glad to have been cyberfans of you ladies for a couple of years before my engagement :) I felt well-prepared for this wedding planning thing!