Dress for a Guest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Dress for a Guest

I think they start selling summer clothes in brick and morter stores in Spring.  You'll have plenty of time before August to buy a dress, and you can probably get one on a good sale if you wait until July when they are needing to get rid of the 2011 summer stuff to make room for Fall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Resort wear or "Cruise Wear" will go on sale very soon, if not already. It's always been trendy to take vacations to tropical locales in February and March. There will be a ton of dresses in fun colors and prints.

However, you won't find them in TJ Maxx or Filene's. You have to go to first-run stores like Macy's, Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, etc.

ETA: Just saw on Nordstom's website that their resort wear is already available. Macy's is still running their clearence sale, but as soon as that's over their resort/spring stock will be in.

Nordstrom also sorts their dresses by occasion, so you can look at "Guest at Wedding" dresses. Lots of great ones for under $200.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Of course Marshalls et al will have summer dresses.  They might be last year's but who cares. 

By the way, the new TJ Maxx and the Filene's Basement on Needham Street in Newton have much better selections of dresses than their counterparts in other towns.  Must be the "Snooton" factor - LOL! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Thanks to you both!  I will check nordstroms again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

cosmo- of course they will in a month or two, I was talking about right now. I love TJ's, I'm there once a week, and I got the dress I wore to my BIL's wedding at Filene's- I wasn't knocking them, they just don't have spring stuff until spring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Dress for a Guest:
    [QUOTE]Of course Marshalls et al will have summer dresses.  They might be last year's but who cares.  By the way, the new TJ Maxx and the Filene's Basement on Needham Street in Newton have much better selections of dresses than their counterparts in other towns.  Must be the "Snooton" factor - LOL! 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Truly, you're right - it IS the Snooton factor!  I knew a buyer for those stores, and they stock by demographic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

another idea...try Filene's Basement & Marshalls on Boylston Street in the Back Bay...great selection of quality dresses there.  You may see some spring/summer type dresses there.

I was in Lord & Taylor on Boylston Street in the back bay a couple of weeks ago.  looks like they had some summer dresses out..    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

Response to Dress for a Guest:
    [QUOTE]Help!  My brother-in-law is getting married this August and I have no idea what to wear.  I would like a summer dress but its been so long since I bought a new dress, I am not sure when the start selling summer dresses.  Any store or catalog suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - SAW
    Posted by SAW73[/QUOTE]
    I have found very good sales at the Coldwater Creek Outlet online.  Purchased two fairly dressy type dresses with jackets for approximately $30 each.  Coldwater Creek Outlet usually has a great array of Jackets/Blazers.  Perhaps you could use a dress you already have -and add a new Jacket/Blazer/Shawl.  Of course, Talbot's also has great clothes and they have a Sale and an Outlet on line.  The Talbot's Outlet in the Boston area is in Hingham. I would also agree with Lord & Taylor, TJ MAXX, etc.  Finally, Penney's also has an online outlet.  Think about the items/dresses in your wardrobe.  Perhaps you could "jazz" them up with a new scarf - or one you already have.  Hope this helps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hey, there, LindaO!  Long time no see!  How are things in Albany?  I waved to you when we drove through on our way to The Spa this summer!

I LOVE Coldwater Creek above all others! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

CWC has lovely, well-made clothes.  If they're having a sale of at least 50% off, I'd give them a whirl, too.  I think they are overpriced, and 50% off gets them in the range I'd consider paying for their line.