For those who remember me...big milestone!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: For those who remember me...big milestone!

In Response to Re: For those who remember me...big milestone!:
    [QUOTE]actually, boston.com isn't going paid -- it will stay free, but bostonglobe.com will be for a fee. boston.com will have some articles from the globe, but not the columnists, etc.  I forget the name of that other wedding site we went to - I was going to try to find it because I wanted to see if Waggie is there!  Although she went from "no kids" to 3 or 4 kids in a year.....she and DH had adopted 2 (or 3?) children AND she was expecting.  CT.DC - so good to hear from you, too!!!  Sorry that your job stinks.  It's not the kids, it's the adults, right? Miss the good ol' days here, and fra and 2BWED, too! 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

I have seen 2bwed...She is pregnant...3rd time Congrats to Cosmo and Ct 5 years married is it? and I too will be 50 soon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

NL, great to hear from you!  Thanks for the update on Lucy; good to know she's well.  Remember us to her and send congrats on her first place, would you?  I quit FB due to privacy concerns. 

You left out how YOU are doing...hope you and DH are well.  How is the house?  You've had it about 2 years now, right?

DH and I are coming up on our 3rd anniversary and closer and happier than ever.  We've all but given up on having kids as my 40th birthday is in January and we aren't willing to do anything other than the obvious.  We're OK with it; we're very blessed as-is, and we love our furbaby, our lab, Gracie (see her two photos in "Fall photos" in Pets).  She's a handful; extremely well behaved, but very accident prone, unfortunately.  I'm getting along fine as a housewife, not missing work since I see my closest friends rather often...considering how far away we are and how busy everyone is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I miss Ralphie too. It turns out we went to the same college, but she graduated a year or two before I did. I figured out through the grapevine what her real name was and I knew her brother as well. We went to an arts camp together when we were younger.

Lucy & I are friends on FB & we see each other fairly often. She's doing well. Just bought her first place the other day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I found it too!  But only because the BDC peeps left a link under Etiquette!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

NL, glad things for you and DH are going great with the house, but sorry to hear of your family's losses.  Thanks for the update; it's great to hear from you.  Hugs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We don't need any new forums....we know where to find us.

BTW, the other wedding board was www.wedding.conforums.com. I haven't checked in there for a long time, but I will to see who of the old gang might still be around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice to see your post too Cosmo...Sorry to hear the past couple of years have been difficult...then again...sounds like you are in a good place now.
    I always have a slice of cake for you...you know that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pinkkittie, I guess we are the "kids". :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Just thought I'd check in with everyone, as I haven't been in bdc for a while..hope everyone's holidays are going well.

Its been a rough holiday season for me, DH & family.  I lost my mom on November 16th..due to a pallative blood disorder..it happened so fast and wound up being a blessing..i hated to see her suffer and not able to function.

On the job search front, i'm getting more calls/requests for interviews which is strange for this time of year..usually calls for interviews dies down this time of year...

happy holidays to all... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Laryan, so sorry about your mom.  Big hugs to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Lar, so sorry about your mom.  Praying for you and your family this especially hard season.  And, for a good outcome with the increase in interview calls, that's encouraging.  

With cos, HUGS!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Laryan, so very sorry to hear about your Mom. 

Such sad news.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Laryan, so sorry to hear about your mom.  My condolences to you and your family.  I hope that you find some comfort in your memories. 

On another note, glad to see my post is still going strong!

My daughter is home from college.  And driving us all crazy!  She loves it there, can't wait to go back, we are so boring, blah blah blah.  Needless to say she loves the free food and laundry service!  Its nice having her back, but I have to say, it was nice having her gone.  What a bad mother I am!

Happy Holidays everyone.
    ash

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

ash, you aren't a bad mom. My mom and I were the same way when I was in college. The first few days everything was fine but towards the end of my winter break and summer break we both were looking forward to me going back to school lol. But you're right, the free laundry was always nice. Where is she going? If you don't want to name the school, just where geographically :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Thanks Northern!  I know a couple of people who are all depressed that their kids are gone.  I can relate to a lot of things people are going through at this time in our lives (ending of day to day mothering [though I still have one at home, so its not like I never have to drive a carpool, cook dinner or administer discipline], menopause, aging parents, turning 50), but I can not relate to being depressed about that!  I'm glad she's off on her adventure!  Great time in life and she's so excited.  This is the grand culmination of motherhood and I think it worked out pretty good (so far, no sense tempting the fates)!

She's at UMass/Amherst, not her first choice, but more proof that the whole college picking process is a bunch of bunk!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Ash, I  went to UMass Amherst.  So did my sister and brother.  That was our only choice.  

I don't blame you for enjoying your time while she's gone. 

Funny example.  I remember when my sister's only son was at college and informed his parents that he no longer lived home.  He now lived in his frat house.  They looked at each other and had a sigh and a moment of grief and then, after a full minute or so, said to each other - we should make his room the office!!!!!!!!!    Laughing

Life is nothing if not change.

And post script - their son finished college, moved away, moved home and is still home with them at the age of 27.  So never say never!!   

And good to see everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Ash and Beth where are you?