Hawaii

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caringteacher. Show caringteacher's posts

Hawaii

The wedding is over, it happened so quick. Now we're planning our honeymoon for Hawaii in June/July. We have not clue where to start and need all the advice we can get!!! Flights? Hotels? Which islands?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: Hawaii

caring we took the 7-night Norweigan Cruise for our February honeymoon and visited, Oahu, Maui, The Big Island (Kona and Hilo) and Kauai.  We spent three days in Waikiki beach first.  I can't reccommend that hotel, as its part of a time share.  Maui is beautiful as is Kauai, but really they are all fantastic.  Honolulu has a big city feel.
    One thing you have to do is see the sunrise from Haleakala Crater.  Though be warned at the top of the crater it was 35 degrees, bring a jacket or borrow a blanket off your bed. I hear the sunset is nice too.  

ETA:  My avatar picture is Hawaii.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Congrats on your wedding! We just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii so I have lots to share.

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, and right now they have a renovation special through February. They are renovating one of the restaurants, so every guest gets discounts on food, drinks and services. We stayed in one of the renovation special rooms, which was the same exact room as any other but the hallways were being redecorated. Not actively, mind you, so there was never any noise or interruption. For half the price it was a great deal to us. 

In Kauai we stayed at the Pali Ke Kua condos in Princeville on the North Shore. I don't think I would recommend the North Shore now since they're getting into the winter season, and the rain is more prevalent and the surf is getting rough (we actually saw a difference from our first day to our 8th day) but the West and South are great for this time of year. 

Buy "Kauai Revealed" and "Maui Revealed"...they are probably the best and most thorough books out there right now. 

If you want more info, let me know and I can share restaurants, taco trucks, shave ice trucks...you name it!

So exciting!!!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

In Response to Re: Hawaii:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your wedding! We just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii so I have lots to share. We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, and right now they have a renovation special through February. They are renovating one of the restaurants, so every guest gets discounts on food, drinks and services. We stayed in one of the renovation special rooms, which was the same exact room as any other but the hallways were being redecorated. Not actively, mind you, so there was never any noise or interruption. For half the price it was a great deal to us.  In Kauai we stayed at the Pali Ke Kua condos in Princeville on the North Shore. I don't think I would recommend the North Shore now since they're getting into the winter season, and the rain is more prevalent and the surf is getting rough (we actually saw a difference from our first day to our 8th day) but the West and South are great for this time of year.  Buy "Kauai Revealed" and "Maui Revealed"...they are probably the best and most thorough books out there right now.  If you want more info, let me know and I can share restaurants, taco trucks, shave ice trucks...you name it! So exciting!!!!! 
    Posted by kinga9[/QUOTE]

Whoops, just saw that you're planning for next June/July...I would highly recommend Princeville then. The sights on the North Shore were the best from what we saw on the whole island.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I know this doesn't help, but you really can't go wrong with any island! We stayed in Kauai and the Big Island. I have a bunch of friends that went to other islands and loved it just as much. We liked that the Big Island had a volcano, coffee plantations and tropical gardens, not just a beach to lie on.   We stayed at the Fairmont on the Big Island.  On Kauai, we stayed at condos that I would not recommend because of the location, but we visited friends at their hotel, the Grand Hyatt, and that was beautiful!   Good luck planning!