OT- vacations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

OT- vacations

I can't believe how slow posting is.............

What is everyone doing for summer vacation?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: OT- vacations

Ahh... I wish you could have been at the gym last night to hear my rant.  You would certainly have been entertained.  :)

I don't get a summer vacation, because I made the mistake of moving to a place that is 1,000 times cooler than where I came from, so I have to use all of my vacation time carting people around Boston and showing them the same stupid sights I've seen 100 times.  When I manage to get a couple of extra days off, I have to waste them in Sacramento, CA, visiting family, where the average temperature in July and August is 105 degrees.

But I am squeezing in a three-day weekend to D.C. at the end of the month.  And my roommate is probably going to kidnap me to Nantucket over the Fourth of July so I don't lose my mind (her parents live there, so it's basically free).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Nothing for the summer, but Vegas in October....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Jamaica three weeks from Saturday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

No summer vacation for me, but Hawaii for our honeymoon in September.  And lots of jealousy of my sweetheart who gets a gazillion more days off than I do. 
    :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

right now we have nothing planned, can't decide what to do?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Unfortunately, I don't have many vacation days left :o( 
    But we went to Martha's Vineyard for our one year anniversary and are hoping to go back.  I also have a bachelorette party out by Syracuse.  I think we're going on a vineyard tour or something, so that should be cool.  I really wanted to book a cruise to Bermuda but slacked off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

We're going to South Carolina with DH's family, they have a house there. We haven't been since DH proposed, since we went on our hm last summer.  Can't wait, need to get out of MA.  I'll also be going to Nantucket and MV at some point, we have a boat, so we just stay on a mooring, no hotel rental for us!  Yay for cheap vacas!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I would love to do the Bermuda cruise but have not for two reasons.
    One being I don't like NCL and two hurricanes.  This year they are predicting a more active season.  We were thinking of doing something in the Caribbean but now are wavering.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

i wish we had vacation plans!  Nothing... and we haven't been on a real vacation in a few years.  :(  We're trying to plan something local and supposedly "cheap" for after our wedding in August, but hte cape is wicked expensive.  Then hopefully a real honeymoon in like Feb, hopefully Hawaii, but we haven't even started looking and who knows if we can actually afford it.

any good ideas for a few days away driving distance from Boston that would be fun in August?  and not too expensive?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Trex - check out the mini-moon thread.  There's some stuff in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Airfare is insane to every where as well.  Does not leave many options open.
    I am not big of driving more than 4 hours or so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm going to Maryland this month for my BIL's wedding. After the wedding DH & I are going to go visit his best friend that lives there. We're going to go to Ocean City as well. I'm excited, as I thought I wouldn't have any vacations because we couldn't afford hotels, but this is working out nicely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Oh! Ocean City is 3,513 miles from my hometown! 

That's probably not exciting to anyone from me.  But, if you happen to be at the beginning on Highway 50, you'll see a sign that says "Sacramento, CA 3,513 miles."  We have a nearly identical sign at the end of Highway 50, near my parent's house.

Ok, I'm going back to work now.  Embarassed 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hmmm, more active hurricane season, not good!

Good thing we aren't going on our honeymoon until Feb (of 12'). Although, we are going to Aruba, which is out of the hurricane belt.

allready, I have heard great things about Bermuda, but it is a shame that the only time that is really good to go is during hurricane season.

Honestly, my FI and I got an INSANE deal for Vegas. Usually it is a lot more expensive to stay there over a weekend, but we are staying from a Thurs-Mon and we got a deal bunched together: 4 nights @ The Mirage/2 tix to Cirque de Soliel Love for $600! Insane. But, that does not include airfare, which we haven't booked yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT- vacations:
    Oh! Ocean City is 3,513 miles from my hometown!  That's probably not exciting to anyone from me.  But, if you happen to be at the beginning on Highway 50, you'll see a sign that says "Sacramento, CA 3,513 miles."  We have a nearly identical sign at the end of Highway 50, near my parent's house. Ok, I'm going back to work now.   
    Posted by lucy7368

If I see it, I'll take a picture for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We tried waiting last minute last year on the Bermuda cruise but never saw a deal good enough to get me on a NCL ship.  We have flexibility to take vacations on whims so might keep an eye out.  The other issue with booking the bermuda cruise is they have the option of changing to trip to Nova Scotia and you have no recourse.  So a hint of bad weather could send you north.

Peonie we have been to vegas about 6 times for conference/fun and just plain old fun.  Right now we are pretty much Vegased out.  We have seen a ton of shows and toured the area including the Grand Canyon. 

So to the drawing board I go.  I just keep waiting for some fabulous deal to fall from the sky in to my lap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

friends of ours have a house in Maine so we're headed up there for a three day weekend in August. Aside from that, no plans- no $ to go on vacation anywhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

JetBlue has been having last minute SUPER cheap fares (like $10 cheap) for a different group of cities each week.  I know they post them on facebook, and I think they email them as well if you sign up.  There aren't tons of seats, but it is a bargain if you can get them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

JetBlue has been having last minute SUPER cheap fares (like $10 cheap) for a different group of cities each week.  I know they post them on facebook, and I think they email them as well if you sign up.  There aren't tons of seats, but it is a bargain if you can get them.
    Posted by ScooterSM

Wow.  For $10, I would literally fly just about anywhere for a couple of days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

$10 tickets?? Hopefully we can all find a place to couch surf to for that price!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

LOL, Lucy! I will go with you! :)

Allready, now don't laugh, but would you ever go to Disney? They are struggling, so I know they have insane deals right now. Although, it would be super hot in the summer. But they still have that "eat-for-free" meal plan going on, and major discounts at all the hotels.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oooh thanks cicirose!  I will keep my eye out for discounts.  I looked at the site back in March and it literally said, Hurry and book because rates are going up in April!  Do you think I booked?  Noooooo.  For me, a cruise is only worth it if it's a fantastic deal.  I enjoyed the one we went on, but it wasn't my favorite trip.

Lucy, I keep meaning to tell you I've visited Sacramento.  We have family in Eldorado Hills, which I think is very close?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Lucy, I keep meaning to tell you I've visited Sacramento.  We have family in Eldorado Hills, which I think is very close?
    Posted by framerican51008

You know, by CA standards, it's unbelievably far, but it's probably about the same distance as Natick is from Boston.  El Dorado Hills is very nice.  We always used to drive through on the way to my aunt's house and that *unbelievably far* city was our way of knowing that we were almost there.  Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Peonie - not laughing at all!   We recently spent 12 days there and we have no kids:)  We had a blast.  Did the meal plan but we paid for it and also ventured out to some great places.  We love Wolfgang Puck.  We have also done Universal and Busch Gardens.  We are not ready to go back again.  Great idea and would say to all adults without kids you can have a great time.

I don't know what my problem is..............  I waiting for a light bulb to go off for a fabulous vacation idea.  Every time someone gives me a great suggestion I feel blah about it.

I also haven't seen any of the $10 fares on Jetblue.  I wil have to keep my eye out.