Boudior Photographer Recommendation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Boudior Photographer Recommendation

Does anyone have a good Boudior Photographer Recommendation?  I want to give this as a gift to my fiance on our wedding day.  Also do you get your hair or makeup done beforehand. I know nothing about this but think it would be a great idea.  Any advice can help girls!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Boudior Photographer Recommendation

I don't have any photog recommendations, but I'd want to look my BEST for any professional photo shoot.  I did my own hair and makeup for my wedding because I think my "best" is acheived by doing it myself.  But, if I had long hair and wasn't adept at applying my makeup I'd have gotten them both done by a professional for the wedding and would for these or any other professional photos, as well.  You'll be paying big bucks, relatively speaking, and I'd say do what you need to do to look top notch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I had a friend who did this for her now husband.  Was all dolled up and looked great.
    When he opened it and commented that she did look great he said what the h*ll am I supposed to do with it. 
    I am not saying go for it or not just want to throw it out there are you sure he will want this and more importantly where will it go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Great point allready married....I know he would absolutely love it but then yeah what the hell would he do with it. I'm gonna have to really think about this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I considered doing this, as well.  And, ran into the same problem.  I thought up having them make a calendar for our walk-in closet so that would be good for a year.  BUT, I hung it up, so to speak, when I found out how much it would cost.

I did the same thing this year with the idea of having a photog come out to the house and photograph our dog (yeah, we're crazy "she's our baby" people!).  I found one and got a quote.  Would have cost at LEAST $1000, that's the sitting fee (same on site as in her studio) and ONE shot.  Then, I went on Shutterfly and created a photobook for $10. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

If you decide to go through with the shoot, here is today's Living Social deal:

http://livingsocial.com/deals/23088-boudoir-photo-shoot?msdc_id=2&ref=BOSDeal020911_2_1792email

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

In Response to Re: Boudior Photographer Recommendation:
    [QUOTE]I know he would absolutely love it but then yeah what the hell would he do with it. I'm gonna have to really think about this one.
    Posted by luvbug721[/QUOTE]
    I'm going for the boudoir shoot, not just for DF, but for myself (and not just for extra motivation to look good by the time the wedding rolls around). I'm hoping it'll be a fun way to commemorate this time in my life, help me feel sexier and more confident, and be something to look back at when I'm 80. I was inspired by a friend who had some artful nudes done to celebrate her 40th birthday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I looked into this as well. I found a great place in Arlington, but from looking at their website they looked pricey.  Know that many photographers own the rights to your pictures, yes most times you get rights to printing them, etc.  Do you really want someone else to have your pictures?  If you have a decent camera maybe set it up with a timer and take them yourself. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

I didn't do boudoir pics but one of the photographers we looked at does them:  Adriano Batti.  We did not end up going with him for our wedding but liked his pictures and he seemed reasonably priced. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I never considered this since I'm way too shy.  And I thought if anyone else found it, like our parents or future kids, I'd be mortified

But, I have seen good reviews for Melissa Robotti:

http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog/

Also, i agree with PP, I'd probably get my hair and make-up done.  Or at least hair, I could probably do my own make-up.  But that does add to the expense.

ETA:  good point, Winter Bride!  I'm not sure I'd be comfortable knowing a photographer had those pics and could use them for promotional items and such.  Our wedding photography contract had a "model clause" we had to sign that said that our photog could use our pics for any commercial use she wanted.  We didn't care for our wedding photos, but I definitely would for those types of phots!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Yes, very good point Winter Bride...I am all set with any photographer having those pictures of me. Gawd only knows where they would end up.  I am definitely liking the idea of setting up my own camera and doing it myself and that is a much cheaper idea.  You guys are brilliant :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

In Response to Re: Boudior Photographer Recommendation:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding photography contract had a "model clause" we had to sign that said that our photog could use our pics for any commercial use she wanted.  We didn't care for our wedding photos, but I definitely would for those types of phots! Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]
    The contract I looked at included a provision to the effect that the photographer had to get the subject's permission to use the photos for promotional purposes or to post them on her website. I don't think I'd sign up to take such photos with any photographer who didn't include such a provision in his or her contract!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I've seen some great pin-up style ones that were really fun and tasteful and some that just looked like beautiful art photography- not racy or showed too much. I'd check out portfolios and go with a place that has the aesthetic you're looking for, be it retro pin-up or artsy classic nude portraiture.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jblove06. Show jblove06's posts

We just went back to the photog we used for our wedding to get family pictures and they're only $25 for a full hour of pictures in their studio and $125 for them to come to you.  We bought the disc of every image with a copyright release for $75.  I don't know if they do bouduar or not, but their price and quality can't be beat.  Their website is www.berryphotos.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

Boudior Amour offers a makeup + boudior combo package. Shannon Grant (http://www.shannongrantweddings.com/) is also a wedding photography and does great photos!

www.theboudoiramour.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOEngaged. Show SOEngaged's posts

Another thing you might want to consider is to ask your photographer (if you like her) if she would consider doing it.  I know not all photographers advertise the service but would be willing to include it in your package.  Likely, even if it is not an advertised service, your photographer has done them before...don't be shy to ask about it...assuming you like and are comfortable with your wedding photographer!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Not true of all men, but I'd guess most would prefer that you use a female photographer.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Why wouldn't you just hand your FI a camera and have him start clicking away?  I don't get boudoir shots.  Why are they suddenly 'classy' or of gift quality b/c you paid for them? They are still just shots of your in your skivvies.  If you want to do it, get dolled up and have your DH start snapping shots.  You can photoshop stuff yourself if you want to make them artsy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CConnors08. Show CConnors08's posts

ADRIANO BATTI PHOTOGRAPHY

www.boudoirboston.com/">www.BoudoirBoston.com

He shot my friend, amazing!