Cake Vendor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Cake Vendor

Good afternoon.  We are looking for a cake for about 80 people.  I'm looking for a North Shore vendor and I'm curious to know what the cost per person is.  The ceremony/reception will hopefully be in Danvers. 
    TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Cake Vendor

Most vendors charge around $3-4 per slice.  We paid around $325 for a tiered cake [3 tiers I think] for around 100 people. We got it at D'Amici's in Lynn and Wakefield.

One of my sisters used Jacques Pastries in NH.  I think she paid around the same price.

Both places make really good cakes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I'm paying something more like $5/slice. We're doing a 4 tiered cake for 180 people with two different flavors. Our cake designer is amazing! All of her ingredients are imported and the cakes are the European style of three layers with filling in between. Just to give you an idea, at our first meeting, we sampled a dark chocolate cinnamon Kahula truffle torte. A-MAZING!

I wish she had a website that I could show you what she's done. She's in Haverhill, not too far away from you, Winter, if you're interested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

We used Hippie Chick Bakery, and she is just over the border in Southern NH.  We had a really elaborate design, and the cake was priced very competitively.  I think you can get a cake starting at $3-4 a slice from her.  It was delicious--also in that 4-layer, 3-filling style for each tier of cake.
    www.hippiechickbakery.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Our cake was buttercream and had the buttercream and jam frosting inside.  We still paid about $3-4 per slice.  We had 3 different flavors, one for each tier. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

Friargirl, which vendor is it? I am very close to Haverhill and am looking of a cake vendor myself. Thanks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

It's called the Mixing Bowl. I'll PM you her phone number.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I second D'Amici's in Lynn or Wakefield! There is also Cake for Occasion in Danvers which people seem to like too.  I would just check all the local bakeries and go from there.  We actually went with a little shop in Salem that deals with food allergies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you all very much for the suggestions.  I will print these and share them with my FI.  Have a great weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We have a cake tasting with D'Amicis and Cakes for Occasion in Danvers.  We may have one with Luberto's or Party Favors.  Any opinions on Luberto's or Party Favors?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I have had Party Favors cupcakes in the past and loved them. Probably the best bakery cupcake I've ever had!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Nikos Cakes did ours on Rte 114 Peabody/Salem line area.  Excellent choices we did cupcakes, but have had cakes for special occasions too.  So fabulous and he is such an artist

That Haverhill Cake person does she have a bakery or just do cakes for events?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

NEVER post on the wedding boards anymore...but tonight I find myself cruising through to see what people are talking about.

My colleagues had a baby shower for me last spring and they got the cake at Cakes for Occasions in Danvers.     It was amazing!!!   I highly reccommend them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Somethingold - She doesn't have a store front, she just does custom cakes. We had our first appointment in her living room, but she bakes in one of two commercial kitchens that she also owns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kat1354. Show kat1354's posts

I just had to pipe up that our wedding cake was from Cakes for Occasions and it was the best Cake we've EVER had. Sooooooo good. Here's a pic if your interested. :)  Good luck!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for all the suggestion.  We like the fact that you get a free 1-year anniversary cake with your cake from Cakes for Occasions.  Cakes for Occasions is our first choice, but we have a tasting with them and D'Amicis.  Beautiful cake kat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

Kat134 your cake looks awesome!
    i assume you had a fall wedding based on your bouquet and the leaves??
    thats what we are planning for Oct 2011, any other pictures you might have would be so helpful!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBride. Show CanadianBride's posts

Party Favors is AMAZING!!!! Their cake is moist without being too dense and the buttercream icing is so thick and delicious. I'm a lover of all things gooey and rich in terms of desserts and I often find wedding cake a little too light and fluffy for my taste. Party Favors is literally the best cake I have ever tasted.
    They also offer a free anniversary cake. AND they give you giant portions to take home after your tasting! It took us days to finish :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from s730. Show s730's posts

we loved the samples that we tried at our cake tasting at cakes for occasions in danvers ... unfortunately, their cakes were the most expensive of all the ones we tried. :(
    we're big party favors fans and get their cupcakes all the time .... it definitely would've been cheaper to go with them but we didn't think their cakes looked very ... refined, i guess? fun for birthdays but we weren't really feeling their wedding cake work. they have awesome frosting, though!! :)
    we ended up going with the icing on the cake in newton. yummy cake, pretty designs, decent pricing. and no delivery charge -- but we're having our reception in the town over.
    good luck!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We had our cake tasting with  D'Amicis and the cake was so good we decided to go with them on the spot.  If anyone is interested they are between $3.85-$4.73 pp including the delivery fee.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmm, mousse filling is sooooooo much better than frosting, I think, no matter how good the frosting is (and I love good buttercream).  Buttercream between all the layers can be too heavy.  And, I HATE fondant!  Thought I was the only one.  I wonder if I could go into Konditor Meister and pretend to be a bride.......that sounds like the best cake ever

Great post, Summer...'course, now I'm jonsing for a huge slab o' cake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar,
    We didn't like the fondant either, so we will not be having it on our cake. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I *hate* fondant.  I think it tastes gross.  I think people use it more because they like the way it looks or they can decorate it better than for its taste.  Which I personally think is ridiculous, but then again, I have a sweet tooth.  Mmm... I can't wait to go cake tasting!!!  We're pretty sure already that we will use KM (based on trying it a bridal show) but we're definitely trying all 3 vendors in our hotel package anyway!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I love Icing on the Cake in Newton, but hear they are super expensive!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

We got our cake from Andover Cakes, and it was absolutely delicious.  I'm not sure of the cost as it was fixed into the price with our reception site.  But, it wouldn't hurt to call them up and ask what it would cost.