Finding a photographer on a budget!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickidunk. Show vickidunk's posts

Finding a photographer on a budget!

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married this November and am looking for a photographer for our wedding that does good work but is not TOO expensive. I have been told that when planning a wedding you need to make a decision on where to cut costs, and after much thought I have decided I would rather spend money on flowers or a better honeymoon than a really expensive photographer! I am hoping to spend about 2K....any suggestions would be great! We are getting married in Boston.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

Re: Finding a photographer on a budget!

definitely recommend john loconte from johnlo photography, we are using him this year and he has been awesome so far. his prices are very reasonable and his website is www.johnlophoto.com

his email is on the website, good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickidunk. Show vickidunk's posts

Thank you! I just emailed him!

In Response to Re: Finding a photographer on a budget!:
    definitely recommend john loconte from johnlo photography, we are using him this year and he has been awesome so far. his prices are very reasonable and his website is www.johnlophoto.com his email is on the website, good luck!
    Posted by ladydyanbride2009

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I know that you would like to have nice flowers and a honeymoon, but just rememeber that the photgraphs are something you will keep forever, and flowers die after a few days.  Just food for thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ation4409. Show Ation4409's posts

Oh, you've got to check out my photog at Berryphotos.com  They have a package for 2k that has unlimited coverage, unlimited pictures, online for a year and we got the disc of all the hi-res images with a copyright release.  They do such an amazing job and are really easy to work with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenniebabe. Show jenniebabe's posts

I agree the pics last forever and will be something you treasure for a long long time, but yeah with all the other necessary costs it can seem impossible to get it all and get good quality.

We used Giuliana Photography. He has a photojournalist style that was exactly what I wanted. He really captured everyone at my wedding and did it with an easy going approach. A lot of photographers today seem very over cooked - lots of photoshopping the pics and fashion like albums. We just wanted awesome shots that looked real. 

The price was awesome too. I think he's still undr $2000. danaphoto.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

have you looked at www.photographybymediaconcepts.com ? they are pretty much what you described, and maybe a little less than what you want to pay. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WingaerChic. Show WingaerChic's posts

Check out WingaerChic event planning and design. They have an amazing photogrpaher who is extremely reasonable.

contact info:

wingaerchic@gmail.com
    wingaerchic.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM4578. Show JM4578's posts

In Response to Finding a photographer on a budget!:
    Hi Everyone, I am getting married this November and am looking for a photographer for our wedding that does good work but is not TOO expensive. I have been told that when planning a wedding you need to make a decision on where to cut costs, and after much thought I have decided I would rather spend money on flowers or a better honeymoon than a really expensive photographer! I am hoping to spend about 2K....any suggestions would be great! We are getting married in Boston. Thanks!
    Posted by vickidunk

Hi 

Check out our photographer http://www.molliefilmorephotography.com
    She was awesome to work with and we LOVED our photos and album! I thought her prices were very reasonable too. We got ALL pics on a DVD (not touched up) which was 1345 pics total, 400 pics we wanted to get touched up, prints, and an album. I'm not sure what her prices are now though, becs. we got married a couple years ago. Our package was $2000 at that time. 
    Congrats and good luck!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbelle. Show lbelle's posts

Nice to see someone else using Dana Giuliana for their photography. We are so excited to use him - one of the best Boston wedding photographers we could find. I dont think of him as a budget photographer though - I guess he starts low but we are spending over $4k with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have friends who used Dana, and they would caution you to make sure he doesn't skimp on the formals if you want them taken.  He realllly focuses, no pun intended, on the photojournalism aspect of the wedding to the detriment of the formal poses with the bride and groom and their families.  Give him a list of pictures you must have and ensure he understands that they are a priority to you...if they are, that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

As a follow up to what Kar said (no reflection on Dana at all though!) - not only should you be specific about listing what pictures you MUST have, but the day of/day before the wedding, take a quick peek at them yourself to make sure you remember what they are.

There is nothing worse than being asked, 30 minutes after you say I do, "ok, so that was there anything else on your list?"  Unless of course, it's saying "um, I think so" and missing out on something that was important to you.  Makes for a bad memory.