Good place for mani/pedi etc in Portsmouth, NH area for a group?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

Good place for mani/pedi etc in Portsmouth, NH area for a group?

I’d like to have my sister’s bachelorette party be a group get together for mani/pedi etc before the wedding, for a small group of women (probably around 5-8?)   I did this for a friend of mine once and it was a blast, the place was used to this sort of thing and had a nice room for us, gave us some appetizers and beverages!   Any recommendations?    Thanks so much!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Good place for mani/pedi etc in Portsmouth, NH area for a group?

I can't make a recommendation for that area, but I just watched a scary Dr. Oz on this.  Whatever you do, have them all bring their own tools (kits from CVS or something) and disposable foot bath liners.  3 out of 3 shops they observed in an undercover way failed badly for cleanliness.  The one thing that stuck in my mind was that they merely wiped out the foot baths with a towel before refilling them for the next set of feet. 

Wherever you go, if you don't bring your own tooks, make sure they use a UV disinfector.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I hated Solari spa. It's an Aveda salon/spa.  Avoid that sucker at all costs.  Worst facial ever. 

The spa at Wentworth by the Sea looked interesting.  I never actually did it b/c I was addicted to Elizabeth Grady for facials.  The food at the Wentworth is fab, esp the brunch.  But kind of inconvenient if you wanted to eat in downtown Portsmouth afterwards. 

There is an Elizabeth Grady, but there is also a really cute place I never got around to trying before we moved.  It's on a corner of Market and something else that leads to one of the garage entrances.  Circle or Blue something.  Not much help, I know. If you find something and post the name, I'm sure I'll recognize it. 

If you want recommendations of places to eat, though, I can get all over that. :-) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbkp. Show kbkp's posts

I got married at the Wentworth and did the "spa day" before the wedding at the Portsmouth Spa...they were great! I had 10 people getting mani/pedis. They provided chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for all the girls...we had a blast! You can also bring in food from Popovers across the street, they are very accomodating for whatever your needs are.

I also hired 3 of their hairstylist to come to the hotel the day of the wedding and do hair and makeup for the whole bridal party...I was very happy with everything.

Check out their website and give them a ring!
    http://www.portsmouthspa.com/index.htm

Good Luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I would second Portsmouth Spa.  It's right downtown so you can go out anywhere after (everywhere is great - especially the decks if it's a nice night/afternoon).
    I think this spa even offers champagne and some small bites if you want the package, but I remember it being a little pricey.  I think they let you bring your own if you want just pedicures and not the whole big package.