Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations

My 1st post so I hope I do this right cause I need HELP!  My fiance and I need top of the line vendor recommendations. Not just great but as close to perfection as possible. Vendors that you would insist on having no matter what.  We especially need photographer/videographer.  We are both very fortunate enough that we make pretty good $$ so $$ won't impact our decisions.  We are planning on getting married in the south shore. Any top of the line recommendations would be very grateful. Thank you in advance :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations

The most highly rated photog here (over the last 6 years that I've been here) and anywhere else in his radius is

Bharat Parmar

He books up fast.  Get a hold of him asap...today.

Congrats and best wishes!!!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

Hi LuvBug,

Do you have a certain type of photographer/videographer style that you're looking for? Artistic? Classic? Portrait?

I think you may like
    Photo: Melissa Robotti, Person & Killian
    Video: Boston Wedding Films, HD Jeff

Congrats :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

If money was no object, I would have hired this photographer:

http://www.lexiphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1

I loved our photographer as well, but I know she is booked for a lot of 2011 already:

www.leahhaydock.com

There was another photographer I loved, but I forget his name.  It was unusual, like Kjedlm or something... I wish I could remember it!  I think a Boston.com bride recommended him to me...

This might have been him, I'm not totally sure:

http://www.kjeldm.com/weddings/index.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Wow, I am blown away by those recommendations. I have been looking around for a while now and was just brought to tears at looking at these recommendations. Thank you very much. I will make sure I go to both of you for all my questions....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oh, I found my list of photographers.  These are some I loved, most too expensive for us.  :)

www.jeffturnerphotography.com
    www.trulycaptured.com
    www.lisarigbyphotography.com
    www.channingjohnsonblog.com
    Eric Laurits
    Joyelle West
    http://ericaferrone.com

Hope that helps!

For videography, check out:

www.truefocusfilms.com
    http://mcelroyweddings.com/
    http://www.hdjeff.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have you recently moved to the South Shore?  Curious. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from memit890. Show memit890's posts

Have you thought of using a wedding coordinator? I used Simply Enchanting Affairs when I got married for day of coordination but I believe they offer packages as well. It was really nice not to stress on the day of!

Simplyenchantingaffairs.com

Hope this helps!

-Susan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GREAT idea, memit!  If $$ is no object, why not hire someone to hire all the best vendors?  They are the ones who know all the vendors and can talk to you about your personal tastes and expectations and then go do it for you or as much with you as you want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

make up - katrina hess

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

I second the wedding planner. (I didn't have one- regret that!) 
    Photo: if money had not been an object: www.tiradophotography.com

How about a venue? So many to choose from, but again, if money were not an object, I would have loved The NE Aquarium. 
    Videographer: www.videographybymediaconcepts.com which we did use, and was affordable and awesome. So money didn't have to be an object.
    Whatever you do, meet each vendor personally, even if you hire a planner. If you want perfection, you need to be sure yourself you are getting it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

www.johnlophoto.com fantastic photographer.

also check out michael and tricia films for video, neat style!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reversecurve. Show reversecurve's posts

If your looking for a florist, look at Ilex Design, website http://ilexflowers.com
    They are unbelievable!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from murph1328. Show murph1328's posts

Melissa Coe for photography

Make Up by Brea

Willowdale estate

Orchids n Blooms

I loved working with all of them!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

William Tangorra Photography  - he's amazing, absolutely amazing
    Zev Fisher
    Erica Ferrone

All top of the line photographers!

For other vendors -
    make-up www.daniwagener.com
    Florist - Flowers by Annette in revere, ma
    cake - Amanda Oakleaf cakes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Thank you all so very much, I wish I could use all the suggestions, they all are truly amazing suggestions.  How much does a wedding coordinator go for these days? We don't mind spending $$ but we don't want to get too crazy with the price. We just want our wedding to be perfect, classy and a just an enjoyable time for everyone.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Hey, where’d my post go?  Did someone think I was a vendor and have it deleted? 

Anyhoo, I recommended Agnieszka Wormus of
    A Brilliant Photo.  She was my dream photographer, but my wedding date was booked by the time I was ready to to confirm.  I ended up booking her for a trash the dress shoot and the pictures are amazing.

Not sure where your wedding will be, but for limos I recommend
    www.bostonchauffeur.com/" and www.ltilimo.com.  I use them at work and they are both perfection. 

p.s. Ignore Some-Guy...he hates weddings and just wants to rain on your parade.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Some-Guy...Aren't you just a negative little person.  Not that I need to explain myself to you but at no point did I say spending more money makes any wedding perfect, classy or guarantees guests a good time. The $$ mention of money was to help out the kind people who have given me advice without everyone needing to ask me well how much do you want to spend. If we wanted a perception of "self importance" we would have posted who knows the most expensive vendors out there, who cares how much a wedding coordinator costs.  Because we want to have a pefect wedding and make sure our guests have a great time is because they are apart of us and whether we spend $1000 or $5000 on a vendor is our choice but thank you for your opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

I've been here for 3 years.  If you must know, my old screen name was tied to an old work email address that doesn't exist anymore.  Now that b.com requires you to confirm your account via email, I had to set up a new one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Thanks Leila. I know this is only my 2nd day trying these boards out but I thought this was a place for advice from other brides or brides to be. I'll make sure I ignore that angry persons comments.  I just got off the phone with my fiance and he just laughed. Anyone whow knows us knows money and superficial concerns don't come close to discribing us. Like my closet says, I can find the greatest bargain at TJ Max or splurge on a pricey item here or there. Nice things can be found or bought no matter how much or little you spend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

It is a great place for advice from brides, and I’m glad you are here!  Unfortunately, every now and then a troll surfaces...but that’s what the ignore function is for. 

Wink

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, some-guy - how's it goin'? 

We know you're sour on weddings, marriage, and spending you perceive to be a ridiculous waste, but saying so doesn't get you anywhere.  No one is going to change their own perception of those things because of yours...you know that.

Anyway, I hope 2011 brings any changes you're hoping for.