Zappos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Zappos

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I had a great experience with this website and would highly suggest it for anyone looking for their bridal (or any) shoes.

I typically like to shoe shop in store but they didn't have my size in the right color at DSW or on their website. So when I searched around, I got to Zappos.com. Although they didn't have the exact shoe I was looking for, I fell in love with another one by Nina. They have free shipping and returns, and you can return any unworn shoes within a year. So I ordered them and for no particular reason, they decided to expedite shipping to overnight. So basically, the next day when I got home from work they were sitting on my doorstep.

Oh and the shoes are beautiful and SO comfortable, especially considering the tall heel. Love everything about the experience!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Zappos

Glad you had the same wonderful experience I did with Zappos!!!  I ordered two pairs and returned one that didn't match the color of my dress.  No hassles, no fee.  What could be better?  Actually, I returned the other pair, too, but to get a smaller size.  The reviews should have tipped me off in the first place.  Their fit and comfort ratings are right on.  I got bandalino's for the wedding, by the way.  I've gone back and ordered black dress boots, too. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ZAPPOS!

P.S.  I started out at DSW, too.  No luck at ALL.  I find the place frustrating...flea marketish.  And, for how huge they seem to be the selection was awful.  Maybe just not my taste...none of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Ditto.  I love, love, love, love, love Zappos.  Their customer service is amazing.  After just one purchase, I became a "preferred" customer and I get free shipping.  Plus, I had to return something once and their shipping back is free!  I didn't have to go to the post office and have to pay to ship the item I wanted to return.  That's a GREAT thing!!

I got the shoes I'm wearing to the rehearsal dinner from Zappos.  Plus, the purse I'm holding on my wedding day (for my perfume and lip gloss).  They're both SUPER cute, that I'll be holding/wearing them again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Have to agree Zappos is great!  Only problem is that they have way to many shoes that I want.  If you order going through ebates.com you can get often get a small discount and some $ back. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I've never had a bad experience with Zappos. I'm glad to hear that the buy-out by Amazon didn't affect their service.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Zappos:
    [QUOTE]I've never had a bad experience with Zappos. I'm glad to hear that the buy-out by Amazon didn't affect their service.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

When did this happen?  My experience with them was a year ago so maybe not relevant, now, or at the very least should be qualified with the fact that it was before the buy out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Just a few months ago. People were worried their service level would drop, but Amazon has great service as well, so I wasn't too worried.
    Since cici's purchase was recent, it stands to reason that everything's still on-par with what they offered before.

Here's a news story about it:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/22/amazon-buys-zappos/

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Zappos : When did this happen?  My experience with them was a year ago so maybe not relevant, now, or at the very least should be qualified with the fact that it was before the buy out.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Just a few months ago. People were worried their service level would drop, but Amazon has great service as well, so I wasn't too worried. Since cici's purchase was recent, it stands to reason that everything's still on-par with what they offered before. Here's a news story about it: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/22/amazon-buys-zappos/ In Response to Re: Zappos :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard about this, either!  But, it's all good.  I've had really good service with Amazon and Zappos, and now I see why.  They're one in the same :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, thanks, Pinkie.  Amazon does have good service, too.  I order our Organic Spelt Flour on auto-delivery.  Saves us a ton of money over buying it at Whole Foods or The Living Earth...not to mention the drive for me.  I make our bread with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oooh, hard-to-find food items trhough Amazon... I neve thought of that. They probably have that licorice I like so much that I can't find anywhere!!

[QUOTE]Cool, thanks, Pinkie.  Amazon does have good service, too.  I order our Organic Spelt Flour on auto-delivery.  Saves us a ton of money over buying it at Whole Foods or The Living Earth...not to mention the drive for me.  I make our bread with it.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I had no idea about the Amazon buy-out either. I think you can find anything through Amazon and I've never had a problem with them so sounds like good news to me!

The last time I shopped at Zappos was January 2003 and I think I may have had some issue (I was stuck with a hideous pair of too large boots) - so I didn't really know what to expect this time around. Glad that everyone else had great experiences with them too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

online shoe buying is the best! :)  I don't find the zappos website super user-friendly, but their service is great.

My bridesmaids got their shoes on shoebuy.com, which also has free shipping and free returns, so it was an easy way to make sure everyone had something that fit.  It's not overnight shipping like zappos, but it works too.  I've also had good experiences with piperlime.com and endless.com, both of which offer similar free shipping & returns deals for shoes last time I checked.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Piperlime.com also has free shipping and free returns.  It is associated with the GAP and those stores.
    DSW often offers free shipping for orders over $50, for example, and then you can return at a store.
    This is how I ended up buying 8 pairs of wedding shoes... and returning 6.