My sister is getting married! Need a venue near the water or a garden, please help! :-)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

My sister is getting married! Need a venue near the water or a garden, please help! :-)

My sister is in CO right now, but she and her FI are both from Portsmouth, NH area.   THey are contemplating having their wedding out there - a silly notion, since ALL of BOTH of their families are here!

I told her I would pay for their plane tickets to have the wedding here, because flying the two of them once would be cheaper than flying my family plus a hotel!

She said she's interested in that idea, but needs a venue!   Tell me really great venues that don't cost a huge bundle, I'm looking around $40-65 a plate max.  Thanks for the ideas in advance!   This is an adventurous, fun loving couple, any ideas very welcome!!

Yeaaaaaa my sister is getting married! :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: My sister is getting married! Need a venue near the water or a garden, please help! :-)

There's the Seacoast Science Center in Portsmouth.  I've seen tents set up for weddings.

There's also the pavillion at Fort Foster in Kittery, ME. It's gorgeous and inexpensive. 

You'd need to get caterers for both, but I think you can find someone in the area.  Both would be for outdoor weddings.  There are plenty of indoor options in the York/Ogunquit area if you head a little further north. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: My sister is getting married! Need a venue near the water or a garden, please help! :-)

Hey, veggie!  Long time, no see!  Congrats to your sis. :)

ALF knows that area way better than I do, but I wanted to say hello nonetheless.

Hope you are well.

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

There is the Dockside in York, ME.  My friend's brother got married there and I believe the prices were reasonable.

http://www.docksidegq.com/weddings.htm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

The Stage Neck Inn in York is beautiful and right on the water.  Their prices were among the most reasonable we found.  The Meeting House at the Union Bluff in York also has water views, but we ultimately didn't look at the property b/c we fell in love with the Stage Neck.  The Colony Hotel in Kennebunkport was also on our short list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

hi, veggie!!   Aunt Beth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hi, veg!  We miss you!

Love,

Cosmo