need to make my decision fast...please help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from melissa110510. Show melissa110510's posts

need to make my decision fast...please help

ok here is my dilemma, I have to make my decision on my venue, I would love to have some opinoins.  We are going to choose either Mt hood golf club which is nice and close to home and extremely accomodating and I will be only function or hillview country club which is also nice - has a gazeebo, my dream is to have ceremony in a gazeebo - I would not be in main room @ hillview since they already have a wedding booked although my wedding will be small enough to go in their smaller function room, and about an exra 25 minute drive. So... should I exchange excusivity for the cremony that I want?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: need to make my decision fast...please help

I'm having trouble deciphering your post because it all runs together and is hard to follow especially before my morning coffee.

How about cutting and pasting this into your OP and correct/fill in the template as necessary.

PROS Hillview

a. Gazeebo
    b.
    c.

CONS Hillview

a. Reception not in main function room
    b.  Sharing facility with another reception in another room
    c.  25 minutes further away

PROS Golf

a.  Close to home
    b. Accomodating staff
    c. Exclusive function

CONS Golf

a No gazeebo
    b
    c

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you want a quick answer...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Melissa, It sounds like the main "con" for Hillview is that you won't be the only function that day.  Do you think they handle that well? 

Where would the ceremony be at the other location?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think there was another con of it being further away, Fram.  And, the ceremony would be at whatever venue the reception is.  Not sure, though, even post coffee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a personal decision.  How can we help her figure out exactly how import her gazebo wedding dream is?  Either it's important enough to outweigh every other factor or it isn't.  Unless, that is, there's more to the story, and she doesn't seem too eager to expound.

GL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

It sounds like you really want Mt Hood, but wish it had a gazebo.  Can you bring one in?  Is such a thing possible?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from melissa110510. Show melissa110510's posts

sorry for the confusion, I wrote this precoffee as well Smile.  And thank you all for understanding me. 

I have always wanted to be married at a gazeebo and like the convenience of having the ceremony on location.  I know that weather would be a factor with a gazeebo, but just like any other bride that wants an outdoor ceremony will just have to cross my fingers and hope.

Thank you luct 7368 - I am going to look into bringing the gazeebo in, thats a great idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I agree with lucy, there has to be a party rental place that does gazeebos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Just be sure to check with Mt Hood, to make sure they'll let you do it before you spend a lot of time trying to track it down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

I have not been to Hillview for a few years.  The parking area parking and places that are common space make it difficult to be the smaller wedding there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghotieyes. Show ghotieyes's posts

On being the only wedding at a venue, my reception site had another wedding going on and we were on the main level. Some guests for the other wedding weren't paying attention, walked into our wedding and dropped their donation, I mean card, into our box before realizing they didn't recognize the bride & groom. My greeters had to partially disassemble the box and fish out their card.

Sorry if this doesn't help in your decision, but I thought it was funny. I'm sure the wayward guests weren't so amused.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

So, in theory, having a small wedding near a large wedding is a good way to make some extra cash..... Undecided

I'm kidding.  And that is a funny story, although dissembling the box was probably a PITA for whoever had to do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I do think that being the only wedding at a site is a nice advantage.  You have the staff's full attention, no issues with guests getting confused.  My sisters wedding was at a Marriot that had 2 events that night.  During the reception, we found out that guests from the other event (not open bar) were sneaking into our area and getting drinks from the bar (which was consumption, so my parents paid for those!!).  My dad was MAD!  We couldn't prove it so they didn't get any compensation from the hotel.  It sucked.  Don't underplay the value of being the only event on site.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I went to a function at Mt. Hood and thought it was so lovely!!  Unique, old, pretty.  Convenient location.  Two thumbs up! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: need to make my decision fast...please help:
    On being the only wedding at a venue, my reception site had another wedding going on and we were on the main level. Some guests for the other wedding weren't paying attention, walked into our wedding and dropped their donation, I mean card, into our box before realizing they didn't recognize the bride & groom. My greeters had to partially disassemble the box and fish out their card. Sorry if this doesn't help in your decision, but I thought it was funny. I'm sure the wayward guests weren't so amused.
    Posted by ghotieyes

haha that is too funny!   I just went to a bridal shower at a place where 2 other events were occurring, i placed my gift down on the table that i was directed to and realized that all the gifts had yellow ducks on them. I froze for a second and wondered if the bride was pregnant! haha.  I was directed again to wedding, finally then to the correct shower.  Not having another event occurring is definitely a good thing!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Add my husband to the confused guests. We went to a black tie charity function at the Boston Harbor Hotel. With us was another couple. The men took our coats to put them away. Lots of people, so it took some time. On their way back they stopped at the bar for a drink thinking we had already gone inside. We were waiting upstairs and could not understand, what took so long.
    They started walking around - drink in hand - looking for us, and when they saw a bride with a couple of brides maids, they were mortified. Wrong place. They snug out as fast as they could and finally met us upstairs - red faced.
    I vote for the place with just one wedding. Lucy's idea renting a gazebo is great. I am sure it is possible. Just like people rent the chuppa (sp?) for Jewish weddings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love these two function/same venue stories!  I never knew it could be so dicey.

I did a quick rental search on gazebos...didn't find anything.  I don't think they are generally portable...not to be a killjoy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, you could buy a gazebo and set it up at Mt. Hood.  Then you'll have a nice addition to your backyard after the wedding! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Any update?  Which one did you end up choosing?