Woburn Area Bridal Shower Venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LauB85. Show LauB85's posts

Woburn Area Bridal Shower Venues

Hi,

I am starting to plan one of my best friends wedding showers and im looking for ideas for reasonably priced venues around the Woburn/Stoneham area to hold it. There are only 4 bridesmaids so i am thinking maybe a budget of $400 - $500 total. Also, would that be a reasonable budget to expect to spend? I have not thrown a shower before(without it being family members where i had more help) I do not think we would be able to host it at a house as her family does not live very close or be able to fit 30 or so people. I appreciate all the advise that could be given! Thank you!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Woburn Area Bridal Shower Venues

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lau,
    I think you are cutting your budget too low.  $400 - $500 for 30 people is not going to make it, if you plan to keep it outside. Even if kept at home, it can easily run over your budget.
    The last shower I did, was 10 years ago - a brunch at a venue for 32 people. The bill ran close to $900. That included mimosas and a cake plus the tip and the table decorations and the party favors, I made and brought from home. It would be safe to guess, that it would be a lot more today. - Pingo

ETA: if you can find a venue or a hall, that will let you bring in food - and you get help from several people preparing the refreshments, you may be able to stay w/i your budget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Yah, if you have a bunch of "drinkers" - I agree with pingo...more $$$$$$

1  drink @ $5.00 x 30 = $150.00 just for 1 round of mixed drinks/beer/wine depending where you go!

Good Luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LauB85. Show LauB85's posts

Thank you pingo and Roger! That did help put things in perspective for me for sure. I am thinking about trying to find a place to bring in food just to attempt to keep the cost down. Crossing my fingers! Thank you again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxygirl123. Show soxygirl123's posts

I agree, your budget is low… any chance someone close to the bride (a favorite aunt/grandmother/sister) might pitch in? I haven’t thrown a shower in a while but we always had “someone” to help financially back a shower. If not, I suggest you don’t get bogged down in favors/open bar/flowers/decorations; yes that stuff is nice, but not a priority when hosting a budget-conscious event. I think a continental breakfast or afternoon tea is your only chance at coming in on budget. Is there ANYONE that has a home nice/big enough to host?? I’d go down your guest-list; maybe a parent of a bridesmaid?? so long as the bridal party do all the prep AND CLEANING (& buy a thoughtful hostess gift!) I bet someone might be willing to host the festivities.

good luck!