Worcester & Surrounding Towns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Worcester & Surrounding Towns

Hi, all. 

A friend of mine and her fiance live in Worcester and are looking for venue ideas in that neck of the woods.  It will probably be a late fall or winter wedding, and their style is more cool barn than country club or hotel ballroom.  Think rustic. 

I looked back through some old threads and found shout-outs for Old Sturbridge Village, the Garden House at Look Park and the Log Cabin (related to the Delaney House, I guess).  Does anyone have other ideas to contribute? 

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Worcester & Surrounding Towns

The Wayside Inn in Sudbury is 40 minutes from Worcester.  Historic landmark and rustic.  We hired a horse and carriage (through the Wayside) to take us from the inn to the church and back (it would have been an OK walk, but I really wanted it and for $200, I couldn't resist).  It was awesome, and since it's a non-profit, they can't gouge you.  We got married in November 2008 in their onsite chapel.  They provide a day-of coodinator and have done 1000s of weddings; they know their stuff.

www.wayside.org

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Just an FYI...the Log Cabin is in Holyoke and Look Park is in Northampton. Those places are right outside Springfield, not Worcester. If your friends want something more west than Worcester, there a a handful of Western MA brides on here who can offer suggestions. (I got married in West Springfield and grew up in that neck of the woods.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks, Kar and Kiwi.  Good suggestion and really good point!  She's just getting started, so I think she'll take all the ideas she can get; but things a little closer to Worcester are probably higher on her list in terms of interest.  

Thanks again!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

Tell them to try Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA.  Such a pretty place, I wish I had heard about it before I booked my country club venue.  I believe the wedding packages are reasonably priced also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

Zukas Farm is a gorgeous spot - http://zukas.com/

http://www.mechanicshall.org/ Worcester

http://www.tuckermanhall.org/frameset.html?tuckermanhome.html Also looks nice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Our friends got married at Harrington Farm, which I think was close to Worcester.  It is a *gorgeous* venue and sounds very much like what you friend might be looking for!  The hall has gorgeous wood beams and they had their ceremony in front of the large stone fireplace.

http://www.harringtonfarm.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Wachusett Mountain is gorgeous....

Wachusett Village Inn

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shrewgirl. Show shrewgirl's posts

My daughter had her wedding reception at the Barn at Gibbet Hill in Groton, Ma.  We live in the Worcester area and the drive was not too far.  The location is absolutely beautiful - both inside and outside.  The food is fabulous!  We had a enjoyable experience working with the staff at the Barn. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was at the Barn at Gibbet Hill. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've not known anyone who has gotten married here, but we live nearby and have visited the farm when it was set up for a wedding, and it's lovely.  It's about 40 minutes from Worcester near the Quabbin.

Hartman's Herb Farm (Weddings page)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

What's the name of that place - Arrow something-or-other??  Possibly in Uxbridge if memory serves.  Rapunzel, I think you would know what I'm talking about.

Oh and Union Train Station?  Is that the name of the train station place in the Worcester area?

Sorry for my ridiculously vague post :o)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Arrowhead Acres is in Uxbridge.

Union Station was sold and I don't know what the status is on weddings there.

I'd recommend going to a Central MA bridal show.  You'll get lots of ideas there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

I'm not sure how far outside of Worcester your friend is willing to look, but the Tyrone Farm in Pomfret, CT has a beautiful rustic barn with gorgeous views. It's just down 395 and about 35 minutes from Worcester.

Tyrone Farm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Rap, I knew I could rely on you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

There's also the Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton.  It was out of our price range but we've seen it set up for weddings and it's gorgeous.