7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks!

Good Morning!

OK - I hope the fireworks are really just from all the fun flirting, and not any funky fighting.

Remember: Duels, not flame wars.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: 7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks!

My Marine offered to teach me how to throw knives.  I am wicked excited.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: 7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks!:
    My Marine offered to teach me how to throw knives.  I am wicked excited.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Oooo!!!  Now I'm imagining you in a sleek, dangerous looking spy suit and throwing knives!  Like Scarlett in Iron Man 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Exactly like that, yes.  Only maybe awesomer.  And clutzier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Our martial arts coach used to let us practice knife throwing with an old basket of hospital scissors.  It was a lot of fun.

Oh, I am terrible when people throw things AT me.  I let them hit me, and then give the person who threw it a dirty look.  Which is unhelpful when playing sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

All right, this thread is just me me me today, but THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

I just found out from our property manager that if you are injured or have mobility problems, she would like you to contact her, so she can put you on a list for the BFD.  In the case of a real fire, instead of making you try to drag yourself down the stairs, the firemen will come up and carry you down the stairs themselves!!!! 

(evil plotting)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Oh DG, you are just what I need this morning. <3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

OK and I am NOT volunteering for that knife throwing training.  I can't move that fast.  Its like when I play Wii Sports and the soccer game where you're supposed to duck anything that isn't a soccer ball and you are supposed to hit the soccer ball with your head.  Yeah, I get beaned alot with shoes and such. I was going to start a "Snark Free Friday" thread.  It's really only 1/2 a day today and most people will have the day off so hopefully there's no snarkiness today.
    Posted by Lily87

no snarkiness??? challenge!!!! just wait, never fails for snark to show up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Okay the "friend" thing is throwing me off...girls, you probably know why...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

OH GOD I am going to be so unpopular today for feeling sympathy for the LW. :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oh, I am already all done with this letter.  I have had best friend crushes before, (once when my best friend was dating my roommate, who had left me for him, HAHAHA).  You can't sleep with them; that way delicious, delicious madness lies.  Melty.  Just melty. 

Plus, today is a beautiful day.  I cannot get dragged into the whole cheating brouhaha again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

I've had them a lot. But I also sympathize with her because part of the reason I broke up with my now-ex is because I recognized that I was maybe getting a little too into the friend-crush type of thing with someone. Sometimes you can't help it, and sometimes it's definitely a sign that you're just not ready for what you've gotten into- in her case engagement, in mine, living with someone I was dating.

I broke up with her before anything started (and it's not a relationship, just a rebound fling), this woman didn't manage to do that. I don't like that she cheated rather than ending the relationship, then getting with this guy- in part because it will mess up anything she could have had with him- but I understand how it could happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Yes tricky, I understand how it could happen too.  Slefishness and immaturity.  I don't like this letter writer for so many reasons.  Why is she accepting a proposal from a guy she has so little passion with?

BTW, Tricky, I'm totally with you.  I'm not so jaded to think that every relationship will be perfect, and I'm not so anal as to analyze when a friendship becomes an emotional affair, but I DO know that it's just plain courteous to end one relationship before you sleep with somebody else SEVERAL times. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

I have mad crushes on all of you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I got dragged in.

Just shoot me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Yes tricky, I understand how it could happen too.  Slefishness and immaturity.  I don't like this letter writer for so many reasons.  Why is she accepting a proposal from a guy she has so little passion with?
    Posted by McBostonrob

Rob, to be honest, I blame the 'friend' more than the LW.  Scum-bag with a capital B.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

MCBR: yes, I suppose selfishness and insecurity could be a factor, but man, feelings are weird and not easily controlled! I do kinda agree on the "why get engaged" thing, though.

DG, I am totally seconding that post. I would do a "recommend this post if you've ever cheated" post so people might go a little easier on her, but I feel like that would be tacky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: 7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks! : Rob, to be honest, I blame the 'friend' more than the LW.  Scum-bag with a capital B.
    Posted by PowerCord

I'm with you 1000%, pc.  I'm not the kind of dink that goes around talking about man rules or anything, but I do know that real men don't sleep with engaged women.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"DG, I am totally seconding that post. I would do a "recommend this post if you've ever cheated" post so people might go a little easier on her, but I feel like that would be tacky."

It would be tacky, but I can take the heat.  I did it, so I am not going to hide it - the person I hurt forgave me, which means other people's opinions of the action mean nothing to me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

In Response to Re: 7/2 Flirt Friday w/ Fireworks! : I'm with you 1000%, pc.  I'm not the kind of dink that goes around talking about man rules or anything, but I do know that real men don't sleep with engaged women.
    Posted by McBostonrob

TRUTH.  A slimy thing to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Sorry, Lily, you asked for the cowbell.  Along with the cowbell comes the snark.  Diffusers are for hairdryers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

It's going to get snarky in there today and mean.  Can we all agree to not engage and try to diffuse?
    Posted by Lily87

lily, i will not engage in snarkiness as i NEVER do.. but some peeps its just ingrained in them....and for some, just makes them look ugly...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

There it is on page 2.

Even if the LW probably has 10 years on my age when I did it...still, everyone makes mistakes. As I get older, I'm finding that most of them are more forgivable than I thought, and that nothing is ever simply black and white.

Lily, ilu. <3

BBB,  I'm a huge snarker...in other areas of the internet. I try to keep it less snarky on bdc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

BBB, can I be ingrained and handsome?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I want tickets to Europe.