Are goosebumps necessary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR-VT. Show JAR-VT's posts

Are goosebumps necessary?

Many commentors mention the need for getting goosebumps, toe-curling sex, butterflies, somebody who makes your heart beat faster... and say things like, "honey, you're too young to not experience that..."

Does this need/desire fade with youth?

Does a marriage require passion or can you just feel "warmly" for somebody and have a productive, happy marriage?

When do you decide that although you aren't 100% attracted to somebody and do not feel passionate towards your partner, that other qualities make up for this (read: treats you like gold, would do anything for you, etc.)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Are goosebumps necessary?

I think goosebumps are good as an indicator of chemistry, but I would seriously caution anyone against a relationship based solely on goosebumps. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

That is a very personal question. Ha ha. No, really I think it is a very personal and individual decision. I personally think passion is a requirement but that doesn't mean I think everyone has to feel the same way or that I will feel the same way forever. One of my close friend's husbands has been impotent following cancer surgery and she is adjusting but I know she wasn't ready for that part of her marriage to stop. She's in her seventies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyadams. Show joyadams's posts

Some marriages can thrive without sex and passion. And, some fall apart without it. It all depends on the individuals involved.

Is passion and chemistry the most important factor?  It certainly makes it fun:) But, marriage and partnership requires a balance of qualities. Sex without love and caring and consideration and laughter would not be enough for me.  And, if I had to choose, I would go with all the other qualities. (Unless, he bored me, then I would have to leave!!:)

(Though, I'd prefer them all)Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I think you do need to have some Butterflies.  It can work without them though I guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milfit. Show Milfit's posts

I agree with Jpy and GMV - it depends on the couple.  I know I could not survive without toe curling s.e.x. and goosebumps.  I am not saying that we have them all the time and there was a time post baby that they definately wained, but we worked hard to restore them. Because it was important to us.   One of my bf couldn't care less though...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

The couple needs to be on the same page as well.  2 people that want to get busy every 3 years would be fine together.  2 people that want to get busy everyday would be happy with each other.   Mix and match these folks and things won't work to well however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Some people feel it in different ways.
    I get hungry.  Usually a steak or some tacos help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sapphira. Show Sapphira's posts

I've never had a "goosebumps" moment with my boyfriend.  I think, though, that there's a difference between a relationship with passion, love, and attraction, and a goose-bump, toe-curling, angel choir singing movie romance that a lot of people think they're supposed to have with the "one."

Maybe it's weird that I differentiate like that.