BRING BACK CAPTAIN FRIDAY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

BRING BACK CAPTAIN FRIDAY!

Our favorite pirate, Captain Friday, is under review.  We want our Captain back! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: BRING BACK CAPTAIN FRIDAY!

I don't think he was perma-poofed, JBar.  I still see him listed in my BDC friends list and it says the Mods are "reviewing his profile".  Usually perma-poofing means they don't even have a profile.

So maybe he's in a time out corner?  ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoohBear44. Show PoohBear44's posts

Give me a "C"
    Give me an "A"
    Give me a "P"
    Give me a "T"
    Give me another "A"
    Give me an "I"
    Give me an "N"

What does is spell?

CAPTAIN!

Red Rover, Red Rover, send our Captain back over!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: BRING BACK CAPTAIN FRIDAY!:
    [QUOTE]Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track . . .
    Posted by McBostonrob[/QUOTE]

Just don't dump your trash at the bottom of a fifteen foot cliff, McBRob.  Or there might be a massacree.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

Three possibllities:

1. Captain got to risque in the eyes of the MOD and is in the penalty box. While I may not be happy, I recognize the MOD and Mere have the right to determine where the line exists.

2. That troll who boasted about getting people nuked "with one email" has been at it.

3. Technical glitch.

From what I understand, MOD email is MOD1@boston.com and there also is feedback@boston.com

If you so wish, you can -- like me -- raise questions via email.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

If he does get nuked for his antics, I hope he comes back. 

There's nobody like our Captain! 

I say two-sheds should start a poll for his next name. 

I propose FishLicker. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I like Fish Licker, too, but I don't see that as an appropriate honorific...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

"I propose FishLicker."

Aaaannnndddd....wizen skates dangerously close to the same hole in the ice... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I've seen accounts "under review" before and they're still here.

I wish I knew what it was the mods did as part of their "review" process.

But, add my vote to the Keep the Captain brigade!  The SS LoveLetters needs its commander.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]"I propose FishLicker." Aaaannnndddd....wizen skates dangerously close to the same hole in the ice... 
    Posted by TubThumper[/QUOTE]

LOL! Exactly what I thought, Tubs.   ;-)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

I second the motion made by CHC - Flaming-Naked-Cartwheels is a fine username.

But if the Powers That Be want to veto Naked, may I suggest Captain Cartwheels as a compromise?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

So why did he get mini-nuked. I saw his posts last night and they didn't not seem out of line at all. I do know and I do accept that this is Mere's playground and the Mod enforced the rules. It would be nice and instructive to know why this is done. If only to avoid it ourselves. I know Boston.com must like this blog as it gets many hits but maybe they need to acknowledge that its popularity rests with the people who post frequently also. Knowing is better than guessing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

The process is very mutable - it seems to depend on the mood of the mods and how many complaints they get that day. 

Something that causes no concern on one day, may cause a deleted post the next and a nuke the day after. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

oh poor cappy.... darn mods... hey i had my profile under review as well and im still here.

love flaming-naked-cartwheels AND Captain Cartwheels too

how about fishsnatcher, or Codtrucker?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

[QUOTE]oh poor cappy.... darn mods... hey i had my profile under review as well and im still here. love flaming-naked-cartwheels AND Captain Cartwheels too how about fishsnatcher, or Codtrucker?
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

Fishsnatcher or Codtrucker?  I just choked on my coffee.  Too funny.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Thanks, LLL.  I tend to give trolls no credit at all. 

They can claim to make it rain, but that doesn't make it so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

Final thoughts -- these address directly to Captain Friday.

I remember the day you first came here, joking about having been booted off a blog over at The Boston Herald.

Don't leave us like you did The Other Paper. Talk to the MOD, work things out.

I want you back in the sandbox, Captain. And some others feel the same way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

wow, how times have changed... just saying and NOT making any comments against the mods, but when my profile went under review back in the day, like almost 2 yrs ago, the mods at the time didnt request that i send  them anything..
    was under review one day then wasnt the next...

times have changed, i guess so have the mods!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]oh poor cappy.... darn mods... hey i had my profile under review as well and im still here. love flaming-naked-cartwheels AND Captain Cartwheels too how about fishsnatcher, or Codtrucker?

BBB!!!!!!!!!  Too funny!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]wow, how times have changed... just saying and NOT making any comments against the mods, but when my profile went under review back in the day, like almost 2 yrs ago, the mods at the time didnt request that i send  them anything.. was under review one day then wasnt the next... times have changed, i guess so have the mods!

And I was reported once early on and was put in the time out corner for a day or so, until I realized it (thanks to JBar and PC checking my profile after I messaged them), and ended up Emailing Meredith asking for her help.  Both she and the Minny at the time couldn't see the reason for the "review" and I was reinstated.

So hopefully Cap'n will return to us, a bit chastened, but none the worse for wear.  :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

[QUOTE]If he does get nuked for his antics, I hope he comes back.  There's nobody like our Captain!  I say two-sheds should start a poll for his next name.  I propose FishLicker. 
    Posted by wizen[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope the captain comes back, too, but I think I'll pass on that poll.  ;)

It's hard to say anything positive or negative about BDC handling of this, since I don't really know what happened or is happening.  I wish the policies were clearer and more consistent.  The reality is that many of us push the envelope, and some of that is what keeps things interesting around here.  Poofing individual posts seems like a reasonable thing to do if the Mods finds things questionable.  I would hope that poofing whole accounts is reserved for someone who posts something outright threatening, hateful, or is relentlessly harrassing other posters.

Ultimately, we are at the mercy of BDC, since this is their playground.  However, it is in their best interests that they keep this playground a happy place for us to play.  I do think they generally try to do their best by us.

Hopefully, the captain returns and we can put this behind us.