Does anybody like Al Roker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Does anybody like Al Roker?

I just don't get it.  I have no idea why this man is employed.  I have no idea why they continue to let him speak.  I find him to be completely unfunny, and it seems like his sole purpose these days is to be amusing.  Does anybody enjoy his "humor?"  Does he have something else to offer, that I'm missing?  Does anybody like Al Roker?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: Does anybody like Al Roker?

Mrs. Roker?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

You're just being contrary.  I don't believe you.  Nobody could.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I like Al Roker.

But I liked him better when he was fat ... he pulled off 'jolly' much better than 'awkward used to be fat' guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Mrs. McBostonrob?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

So many people to get riled up about.  Al Roker would be pretty far down my list, I think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

I think Al tries to hard to be funny and amusing. It comes across as annoying and ingenious in my opinion. However, i'll never forget the day I was watching the Today Show and he was on location where some hurricaine was hitting hard. He went flying and took down the camera man and other crew members around and it was absolutely hilarious :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

He's married to Deborah Roberts. That's one reason to like him.

I thought he came off as creepy in the Seinfeld/TV episode.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

What about Willard Scott? Those Smucker's birthday segments are pretty cool. Why'd they put Willard Scott out to pasture?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Willard Scott wasn't aging well.  Not sure if he was getting senile or just turning into a creepy old man, but he wasn't aging well.  But he was far more amusing than that wierdo Al Roker.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlRoker-. Show AlRoker-'s posts

You like me Mcbostonrob.  You just don't know it yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I don't like anybody

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Is Matt Lauer bopping Meredith Viera? Because they have a love-fest on-air so often.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Does anybody like Al Roker?:
    [QUOTE]I don't like anybody
    Posted by bzorn22[/QUOTE]

bzorn!  Rocking the Posada avatar today, I see!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

bzorn....can't you pick someone better looking than Jorge Posada? I mean OK, you're a Yankees fan, no prob...but Posada? Ugliest guy in baseball....or maybe ugliest non-pitcher in baseball...some of those pitchers are gruesome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

To be serious about Al Roker, I don't watch him anymore, but I think he was best as part of a particular ensemble of talking head newspeople. He doesn't come across as well on his own or without the particular "group of friends" they used to have. To be fair, though, I've never much liked weather reporters. Harvey Leonard was OK.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I don't like most TV weatherpersons, but I do agree that Al Roker is a little creepifying these days.  I hate to be weightist, but I did like him better when he was a chubster.  He seems to be trying too hard, and it comes off as strained. 

And Willard Scott was such a pitchman - I couldn't tell if he was giving the weather report or selling something.  He came off as disingenuous - always pimping something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

"And now for the weather in your neck of the woods..."

I'm pretty neutral with Al myself.  But I do remember when he got blown down in that hurricane, it was painfully funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

willard scott and his smuckers birthdays... does he still do that?

al roker?  = wood..

hehehe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

The thing about Willard Scott that used to get me was how he'd introduce a person's birthday and say "What a beautiful young lady" and she'd be 105 or something. Not that I'm ageist or against complimenting very very aged folks on their birthdays, but it used to strike me as pretty condescending.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nice-guy-eddie. Show nice-guy-eddie's posts

Al Roker when Don Imus was fired:

I, for one, am really tired of the diatribes, the “humor” at others expense, the cruelty that passes for “funny”. Don imus isn’t the only one doing this, but today he’s the one in the hot seat.

What he said was vile and disgusting. It denigrated an entire team and by extension, a community and its pride in a group that had excelled.

[...]

Don Imus needs to be fired for what he said. And while we’re at it,his producer, Bernard McGurk needs to be canned as well. McGurk is just as guilty, often egging Imus on.

The “I’m a good person who said a bad thing” apology doesn’t cut it. At least he didn’t try to weasel out of this by hiding behind alcohol or drug abuse. Still, he said it and a two week suspension doesn’t cut it. It is, at best a slap on the wrist. A vacation. Nothing

Of course, then Al Roker turned around and said...

“Remember that controversial Olympic logo for the 2012 Olympics in London? Some folks have complained that the campaign actually sent them into epileptic seizures. Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around were able to actually log in . . . ”

Somehow, when Al said something on the air that was patently offensive to some people, he was able to hide behind the same type of apology that he decried five years earlier, when he broke out his pitchfork on Don Imus. Now I don't care about what Roker said (and neither did I care about what Imus said), but I do find it amusing that Roker got all self-righteous and used the Imus situation to generate positive press for himself, and then found himself on the other end of the gun a few years later. 

He's a zero.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc725. Show Marc725's posts

I'm in love with JC Monahan!