I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed

I'm not sure why that thread was poofed, was it because so much of it could be construed as personal attacks?

Without naming names, we had somebody calling somebody out for calling somebody out for calling somebody out for doing something that didn't seem very nice. 

So many people say they want a kinder, gentler blog, but I'm not sure that can happen if we're not allowed to point out when somebody is misbehaving.  Unfortunately, that can result in personal attacks, and I don't know how to manage that.  But I don't think deleting productive conversations is ever the answer. 

I'm not sure if by not naming names, I'm not making personal attacks, but I'll continue in that vein.  Vain?  Maybe.  Somebody called out some popular people for what was perceived as bd behavior.  Right or wrong, I'm certain that somebody wasn't acting maliciously; I'm certain that person was only trying to do what he/she though was right (kind of like a hall monitor.) That took courage, and I applaud him/her for that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed

Mcrobbers- At this point I think the thread needed to be deleted. People have some very strong feelings about everything that happened and they are all entitled to that but it seemed to be getting out of hand. I think the original idea was great but I think it was becoming to large and singling out people when the original thread was about not engaging.

But I do agree, that we should be able to call people out on bad behavior or taking things to strongly. I don't like anyone being ganged up on, not anyone :-(

Unfortunately I was at lunch when the thread was deleted so after my last post I have no idea what was said but like I said before, no one will win in these things because many people have met in real life and have histories that may be negative or positive :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

McB -- It's time to move on. I said on Friday that I would probably remove the threads, and today I did. A new round of personal attacks was starting up.
       Let's put it to rest, folks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You can make a point without sinking to the levels that occur on the Sox forum where Yank and Sawx fans live to bash each other. But that is part of the appeal of the rivalry and forum.

This forum - not so much.

However, anyone here who does feel the need to go off, please do so on me. I can handle it and everyone else's feelings will be spared. I know I am new here (d*mn Yoga and Veronica), but do insert my name in where you would have put someone else's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Jesseyeric, you should join the LL conversations too, as well as the forums.  New voices are always welcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Thanks for deleting it, Minnie.
    As one of the people who was called out for supposedly bad behavior, I'm tired of the merry-go-round of what was right to do and what was wrong to do-- no one is going to change their opinion on this subject- it's best just to drop it, which is what I intend to do. I hope everyone has a better week this week.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

Of course you're disappointed the thread was poofed. This dead horse was still twitching on Friday. Some of you are still trying to flog a little more life out of it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed:
    [QUOTE]Of course you're disappointed the thread was poofed. This dead horse was still twitching on Friday. Some of you are still trying to flog a little more life out of it...
    Posted by heavyblaster[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're back. Saints alive!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeMarge-. Show LargeMarge-'s posts

I wonder if the thread being poofed had anything to do with the mods performance being called out on a few occasions. He performed worse throughout this ordeal than the Pats did this weekend. Just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeMarge-. Show LargeMarge-'s posts

And what is up with the censorship anyway? I understand censoring the LL blog, but the forums now too? I thought they were for just this type of thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

I didn't have time to check the rest of heaveyblaster's thread that was deleted after I posted my comment when I said I should be named after a saint.  Did I get any votes of approval for being called Saint Veronica?

jessey, You know you enjoy being here with us as we (I) enjoy your comments & company.

McBostonrob, I want to say that as time goes on, I like & respect you more. 

You always stay true to yourself. You're never wishy-washy. You say what you mean without trying to impress anyone or go along with the crowd or a favorite poster to be popular. 

You're not phony. You don't act cute or try to be funny to win people's  approval or over-compliment women with insincere flattery or act like a macho idiot to win them over. 

I always appreciate your comments whether I agree with you or not as I know you're being genuine & your opinions are well thought out & heartfelt.

I just felt like saying this & no, I'm not drinking. 

Just sayin'.

P.S. I agree with Marge.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed : Let's name names.  Come on Now.  First of All, LLL was out Of Line.  Second of all, BBB's response to LLL's response to WWW's (me) response to the LL was totally unnecesssarrryyy.  And let's Not Forget About suig's (way to spell, lady!) retort to that post that Jeepers posted two Weeks ago.  Then BDCMod has to step in!  Come on!  But Besides That, All of the Fuel was Fired by KYR's Valid advice to the LL LW on Oct. 23 and the Response to the Response Set Forth by nobody else but Lily!  I'd never expect anybody like Lily to say that until vitzy verified that I wasn't losing my mind and backed me up (thanks brahhammer.....bros before h..  forget it) Why can't you all just get along?  Y'all northeasterners are wayyyyyyyy too funny for me!  The System Worked!!! -The Detective In THe Mirror I Officially Nominate this Post for All Time Awesomeness for summarizing The Boston Dot Com Community. Weirdos..............
    Posted by WrongestWay[/QUOTE]

You're Kurt's doppelgänger? Who knew?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

This thing just won't die, will it?

Sheesh...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

OH GOD

IGNORE!!!! IGNORE!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittencroissant. Show kittencroissant's posts

I never have any idea whats going on. But you guys are adorable.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Father rapers!

AV, that was sweet.  You've given me far more credit than I deserve.  But thanks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed : Wrongest is TOTALLY Promiscuous for Attention !  DO NOT ENGAGE!  WE MUST IGNORE HIM!!  He's posting LIES LIES LIES!!   And making passive aggressive attacks and doing all sorts of horrible things behind the scenes!  (And I have it on good authority that he's shared bench time with father rapers and was convcicted of littering !!) Ignore him and he'll go away!  We shouldn't even talk about him, or mention his name!  He's a total troll!  He's just snookered some of you with his rational posts and witty humor into thinking he's regular elite poster worthy.  He just wants to disrupt the harmonious wa of the group. DO NOT ENGAGE!!  IGNORE IGNORE INGORE! Don't even talk about him!! Oh, wait...
    Posted by TwoCentDonation[/QUOTE]

Two cent: You have to have a treat in your hand for them to listen. Let them smell your hand first, so they know the treat is there. Then make eye contact and hold it. Use calm, assertive energy. Then tell the community to not engage.

If they don't listen, find a stout object and beat them about the head and shoulders, sharply and without mercy, for 2-3 minutes. Repeat until a sense of futility sets in. (Futility on your part, that is...)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed : Two cent: You have to have a treat in your hand for them to listen.[/QUOTE]

Will a Twix bar work?  I have one of those.

[QUOTE]If they don't listen, find a stout object and beat them about the head and shoulders, sharply and without mercy, for 2-3 minutes.Posted by heavyblaster[/QUOTE]

How about a garden gnome?

Ok, peeps, I am armed with a Twix bar and a garden gnome.  Bring it on!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]Well I was perusing the forums this morning (while drinking coffee) read this and see a post with my name in it.  Not sure what I did.  So I'm just going to keep drinking my coffee. Hey did we ever get the results of the LL Governor's race?  I wasn't happy with the real results so I'm hoping for more acceptable LL results.  Although I liked all the choices so I'm sure I'll be happy with the results.
    Posted by Lily87[/QUOTE]

The absentee ballots are still coming in :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed : RDG, I just love it when you use words with umlauts.
    Posted by WrongestWay[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I could please you ... Sir. :)