silly question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: silly question

Why won't Comcast install a jack? That's my question. I'm connected to the TV/Internet modem. Comcast refuses to wire a new jack in the wall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

Don't have a landline, but will probably get one when I get a more permanent address. I just moved to an apartment and don't see the need for one. I also don't run into telemarketers or handing out my phone number to people.

I think I would like a house phone just for routine stuff like haircut appt reminders or telemarketers.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

I got one mainly for my kiddos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

We still have a land-line, but I question it's usefullness.  It is good to have a common # for the family, but that's not a big deal.  It's also good to have  a land line during a power outage, but we have FIOS.  Unlike the old system, FIOS is just a fiber - there's no power on the telephone wire.  Instead there's a battery back-up for the phone that last 4-8 hours.  That's helpful, but not enough to get you through a long outage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

backbaybabe, I have a land-line & plan on keeping it.  The reception is not always clear from cell to cell.

Like JNeen, I have the bundle with Comcast which stinks if the power goes out but that's when cell phones come in handy. 

I wanted to go back to Verizon & asked Comcast how much I would save if I discontinued their phone service & it's more expensive to have only cable & internet & not worth to drop it.  They know how to get their customers & keep us!

I do like Comcast so it's all good but if I didn't have any kids, I'd discontinue the cell phone.  It's convenient but also quite annoying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

One ringy dingy....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summa-baby-bumma. Show summa-baby-bumma's posts

EIA, I agree. My parents got rid of their landline several years ago and I've been moving every year for the past 4 years so no landline for me. But I think when I'm somewhat permanent I may want one. I like to silence my cell at night but would want a landline which would ring in case of an emergency.

Also, there was a time about 2 years ago when both my parents had their cell phones off/charging out of their bedroom while they were sleeping and my brother needed to get in touch with them. Bottom line: he couldn't. He called me (I was living at school) and I called a neighbor who had to go bang on their door. Good thing we have good friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I still have a landline.  Like others, I like the security of knowing I can make phone calls if the power goes out, the cell phone dies, etc.  It's also very handy for sending faxes during tax season or when I'm refinancing my mortgage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

I have a landline.  There will always be forms to fill out, and they will always ask for a number.  That's what the landline is for.  And as a result, that's where all my junk/spam calls go to.  I check it once a week.  Always a voicemail filled with junk. Yes, I'm on the Do Not Call list.  Fat lot of good it does.  

I'm always grateful it went to my landline instead of to my mobile phone where I would be constantly bothered and pestered by it.  Small price to pay to keep my mobile phone clean.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I don't have a landline. I got rid of it years ago as soon as I got a cell phone. I have a Magicjack which I hook up to my fax machine. And hell I am so old I remember party lines.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

When I cancelled my landline Verizon asked me what I was willing to pay for the landline. I said $10.00 a month, they agreed! With taxes that $10 became about $20!

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

No landline for me. I think a landline is a good thing, but I'd rather make sure I'm going to stay in one place for the long term. I'm also not going to get a cable based landline for the reasons stated above.