The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

on a slightly related note, when is too early to start hauling out the spring clothes?  ive bought several things in my 'new' size and am dying to wear them, as i am also dying for spring despite the mild winter.  but will i look ridiculous if i wear a brightly colored madras skirt tomorrow with a solid color teeshirt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

AJ, I usually just keep digging at the stores until I find one. 

Try the pieces at Old Navy - you can buy the tops and bottoms separately and the sizes are usually available, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Well, the overindulgence from this weekend finally attached itself to my butt.

Does that happen to anyone else?  I have like a 48hr lag between a party and the time the poundage attaches itself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Oh crap.

I didn't weekly update again.

Worst leader ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]NatGin, I miss that reservoir! First (and only) time I ever ran 6 miles was last year - I ran four laps around that frig gin thing!!! Maybe I'll head out there in a few weekends and try for that again, if you're game! I ran 5.1 last night -- most I've run since the one time I ran 6 that I mentioned above! Of course, I can't seem to stop buying cadbury mini eggs every time I see them... booooo Easter candy.
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

Icy, we can go for a run that oh-so-conveniently terminates around Jims Deli or Cafe Nation for some post-run replenishments, yea?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AJ, I got the same motivation before our wedding trying on bathing suits for the honeymoon...I feel your pain.  I've always been very curvy no matter what my jean size, and I agree that Land's End is excellent from every perspective - cut, style, and price.  If you're leary about online ordering, Penny's carries Land's End.  They are my favorite, but if you don't mind splurging, there are very high quality suits at Anything But Water (mall chain).  There's one in the Natick Mall.  Oh, and surprisingly, on the lower end of the price range is Old Navy.  I usually can't buy a thing there, but I was stunned to find decent tankinis separates for $15 each that fit nicely.

Went to Les Mis last night and continued in the diet ditch with the duck, a blackberry margarhita, and (so not worth it) crepes for dessert at Kingston Station.  I've got to get back on track, or my 9 lbs will start creeping back on. :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Justcat. I'm a bit scared to order one online, but we'll see...
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

I had luck ordering from Land's End, AJ.  And they do sell the tops and bottom separartely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the overindulgence from this weekend finally attached itself to my butt. Does that happen to anyone else?  I have like a 48hr lag between a party and the time the poundage attaches itself.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what happens to me. I hope on the scale on Monday after a bad weekend and think "whew, dodged a bullet there!" and then Wednesday BAM!! +2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, me, too!  And, the opposite is true, too.  If I'm "perfect" for a couple of days to make up for food transgressions, I don't see the result the next day - it takes 2 or 3 days, and, poof, it's gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

omg natgin... this Sunday I would have given a lot to have cafenation....
    I've been dreaming of the GArden Deluxe crepe... and the chicken pesto sandwich... and now I'm hungry...

I was thinking that'd be good motivation for me to run from Charlestown to Brighton -- it's about 6 miles...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I'll let you know what I find.  I'm going to do a little online shopping later today when I get a break.  

ETA:

Found a cute suit on JCP... its pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, and one of the reviews said it fit her DDD bewbies, so it should work for my D's: 

And only $42!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

AJ - my girls swear by Victoria's Secrets bathing suit mix and match The prices seem reasonable too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]Trying on bathing suits for my upcoming trip did wonders for my motivation. I went for a nice jog today, and even though my shin splints started to act up, I stretched them out and kept going. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow though. The good news is that the bottoms of the suits fit relatively well, but the girls were busting out all over the place. I don't know who designs these things. Do any of you ladies have suggestions on where I can find a good bathing suit for my curvy figure? I'm in no-woman's land between the plus sizes and the women's sizes. :/
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

THEY WORK!! they are expensive tho but really do nice things for the ladies

Just came back from vaca in Caribbean and they held up to kayaking and snorkling without me giving a peep show!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

[QUOTE]AJ - my girls swear by Victoria's Secrets bathing suit mix and match The prices seem reasonable too.
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

The last time I bought a suit from VS the bottom fit great, but the cups in the top were all weird.  

Also... it looks like they sell some Miracle Suits at VS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I can also tell when I'm about to gain because I have a sudden energy drop and feel like I'm walking through molasses.  I want to do nothing but nap for an entire day.

I have to make myself move more those days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

AlyssaJones!

I dont want you to think Ive abandoned you, so I ran your numbers again today. Here they are (new results!):

4.4/10 = 30/x...4.4x = 300...x = 68.2

68.2 = the number of weeks (from your starting point) that at your present rate of weight loss you will reach your goal of 30 lbs

You started on 1/2/12, so according to the numbers, you are scheduled to hit your weight loss target on or about April 23, 2013, or a little more than 13 months from now

If you recall, your previous target date was 9/5/12, which to me was a little unrealistic. Losing 30 pound in 8 months is a worthy goal, but it's asking a lot. Too much really. An accelerated rate that is hard to sustain in my opinion. This new April '13 end date however is very doable

Best of luck

One other thing: I notice that every time you fall off the Diet Discipline Bandwagon (or the DDB), you seem to think that if you do a Zumba the next day, everything will be alright again

Wrong-o! It doesnt work like that, AJ. Disabuse yourself of that kind of thinking. It's very bad!

(Sidenote: No offense, but if you cheated on your BF the way you cheat on your diet, you would be the biggest trollop in eastern Mass, and no serious minded gentleman would ever want to date you...)

Use your Zumba workout wisely (ie, to reinforce the healthy decisions you make every time you choose to remain on the DDB), not unwisely (ie, to compensate for the foolish decisions you make everytime you choose to fall off the DDB)

Understand? Ok, good

I will check back with you in a week or two to run your numbers again

Until then, stay disciplined, Zumba wisely, and as always enjoy the salsa

And good luck finding a swell bikini

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

(Sidenote: No offense, but if you cheated on your BF the way you cheat on your diet, you would be the biggest trollop in eastern Mass, and no serious minded gentleman would ever want to date you...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did Achy just break out the cheater pitchfork on me??  

Sheesh.  I guess its a good thing I don't have a boyfriend.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hell, no

I said "If"

I was trying to draw an analogy between a real trollop, which you arent, and a food trollop, which you are

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

You know what Achy... I really don't need to hear any of your input on the subject unless you are either A) a doctor B) a nutritionist C) someone who has lost a ton of weight. D) a physical trainer So... Since I KNOW you already said that you've always been the same weight, and I'm pretty sure you're not A B, or D then I'm going to kindly ask you to shut it. Sincerely, AJ

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Wow. Someone got very prickly in here all of a sudden

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What rude?

Mean spirited?

If anything, I am Alyssa's biggest supporter here

Youre so off base, youre AWOL...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

I think AcheNot missed his calling as a life coach or professional heckler.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Haha thanks moosey, Interplanet and CHC!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I love the ignore function in the forums.

Could you people be total loves and not quote, though?

Thanks!