The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Also, I think one of the best tools towards weight loss are having friends that are on a similar tract... for example, going on a mini vacation with my two best friends who are health concious and also training for a half marathon motivated me to get up and go to the gym over vaca, and to want to walk all day and not over-indulge in food just because I was on vacation... a support system of friends who are actually also havin success with weight loss is huuuuuuge

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Unfortunately dating a new man has not done much for my waistline.  

MUST GET BACK ON TRACK!  the trip is a week and a half away!  Ack!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  2.4
    Left to go - 19.4 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 10.6 lbs

Yaaaaayyy!  It looks like tracking my food intake for somebody else to read really works.  I was more likely to make better choices with "what would Boot Camp Coach think?" in my head all week. This is the lowest my weight has been in awhile, which is very motivating.  Today, anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, luna!  How encouraging!  I started writing a food journal, again, today, too.  It's hugely motivating even if no one will see it but me so I can imagine if I had to show it to a trainer only good food would be on it!

AJ, best to you in your new relationship.  Oh, my - no time to get off track now, though!  Lay out your bathing suit somewhere you can see it all the time.

Italian, it was definitely a boost to my attitude when I worked with people who were apt to go to the gym with me and know if I skipped it.  My husband is very health and fitness driven for himself, though, so that's helping to motivate me some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

That's awesome Luna! Food diaries are very helpful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I'm working out with a trainer tonight (my about to expire comp session from joining the gym) and am looking forward to not being able to walk tomorrow. I also made a point to choose him from the line up of options on looks - is that so wrong?

Icy - you'll LOVE the app.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Why not avail yourself of a good looking trainer - it can only be more motivating, right? ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I totally half-assed my workouts last night and this morning. Like, getting to the gym was the pinnacle of my accomplishments.

Better luck Monday? Let's hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure halfassed was better than nothin'.  I've also halfassed my walks the last couple of days.  Wednesday I had a headache with nausea, and yesterday I wasn't feeling it, either.  But, the dog has to be walked...or at least strolled as was the case.  And, I didn't make it 90 minutes, either.  45 tops.  Good thing I went yesterday, though - the dog had stomach issues, and she'd have been up all night if we hadn't walked it out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

You're right Kar - even a lazy workout is 100% better than no workout. At least I'd say my food has been on point. Little victories!

I can just SO taste the last 4lbs to leave the 150s and 'overweight' status...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You'll be below 150 in no time.  Step it up in the gym and blast it off!  I did a 4 week interval workout on the treadmill I read in Shape a few years ago, and I got dramatic results in inches and lbs, but I honestly can't remember the exact numbers.  Enough to recommend it, anyway.

Do each 50 minute workout 4 times a week:

Week 1
    10 minute warmup, brisk walk
    3 minutes, High exertion
    3 minutes, Low/Medium exertion
    repeat 6 minute pair 4 times
    10 minute cooldown

Week 2
    10 minute warmup
    4 minutes High
    6 minutes Low/Med
    repeat 10 minute pair 3 times
    10 minute cooldown

Week 3
    10 minute warmup
    5 minutes High
    5 minutes Low/Med
    10 minute cooldown

Week 4
    10 minute warmup
    7 minutes High
    3 minutes Low/Med
    10 minute cooldown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

natging, I downloaded that app.... gonna try it out tomorrow... probably a cardio routine and an ab routine... then I am determined to run Sunday. of course, that's easier to say on Friday afternoon :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm hearing more and more about how high blood sugar scrapes arteries and is the real culprit in how plaque builds up in them because it gives the cholesterol a place to get stuck and builds from there.  No scrapes, no build up regardless of how much cholesterol is flowing through.  The latest time I heard that was regarding Dick Cheney's heart replacement after numerous heart attacks damaged to the point of no return.  The cardiologist talking about it blamed Cheney's "70s heart health diet" of high carb (sugar), low fat diet for fueling the damage all these decades.

Sean, thanks - I'll be sure to DVR that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

If my great grandmother wouldn't think of it as food, it ain't food.  If your mom told you "if you don't eat ~~blank~~, you can't have dessert", you best be eating ~~blank~~.

That's all I got.

:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

what does your grandmother think about nachos, pizza, and Reese's peanut butter eggs, Jneen? Cuz those are killlllling me....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jeen, in that vein, I heard a report last week that said there were about 7000 food choices in the 70s.  Now, there are over 40,000.  The nutritionist being interviewed said, of course, most of the new fangled "food" should totally be avoided, like you said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I think Dunkin Donuts messed up when they changed from frying in lard.

I used to not be able to even finish a whole donut, and that shiz would sit in my stomach like lead for half the day, reminding me I am an idiot. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Well, I'm down 6.5 pounds - but I'm kind of afraid of the boomerang effect. I was on vaca - tons of walking, eating pretty moderate (though okay, maybe the beer/wine was somewhat above moderate - but it was vacation!). Came back with the stinkiest cold and the NyQuil haze has surpressed my appetite completely. I'm hoping to keep it off once I'm clear of the drugs ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maxwell Smart. Show Maxwell Smart's posts

Drinking only water for 2 weeks and lost 3!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

*****UPDATE TIME****

Wow, it's been a long time.  Sorry, kids.  I'm a bad pack leader.

I had a physical today, and the doctor said I had lost weight since my last one two years ago, so let's go with that, shall we? :)

Our Dancing Banana goes to the ever faithful luna-llena who is down 2.8 since the last update!  Woop woop!!

Banana o' Determination goes to the amazing ItalianIce, who is a mere 10 lbs away from goal now!  And looking incredibly fit and healthy, I must say.  Giggity!!

Calicokitty is down 4.1 since the last time we saw here a few weeks back, callie is down 6.5, but those are sick pounds, which we all know come right back.  Get better! NatGing is down 1.2, CHC is down another 1, and JTB dropped another .2 and is working out like a crazy lady!  And your pal Jneen has managed to whittle off 2.  Thank you Baby Jesus.

No steady holders this time around.  Kargs is being hardcore with a fast to drop those last five and lose some inches!

HM. Ah.  Her body is playing nasty tricks and trying to get her to remain in winter mode.  +12 since 1/1/12.  All alone on the Treadmill of Shame.  She will be getting off of there next checkin.  I just know it :)

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: 2
    Total lost: +1
    Left to go: 51
    Total lost since August 2007: 59

Let's go, kids!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Her last update (posted 3/18/2012), Jneen had 51 pounds left to go

Since then, she has gained 2 pounds, but according to her, she still has...51 pounds to go!

Interesting...

Okay, people, who else here is fudging numbers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

man, that "Ignore Poster" thing is a wonderful feature...

Jneen, you're a fabulous leader -- thanks for your encouragement!

Let's plan on a loooooong Saturday or Sunday walk soon -- and we can reward ourselves at Tavern on the Water after :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

This is a fantastic idea :)