The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!  (Why didn't I think of that?!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

So, I actually got on a scale for the first time since my doctor's appointment in November... I am down 7 pounds from that appointment, and I am down 31 pounds from my highest weight in 2006... I am back to the weight I was in high school!!! Still not happy with the way I look in a bathing suit, so I am still going to lose 10 more (notice I said I will lose, not I'll try to lose -- power of positive thinking, people!!), hopefully by bathing suit season...
    I did indulge this weekend, but now it's back on track this week!

hope you all have a successful week!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

well... that was a fast way to deflate my ego... I signed on to OKCupid to get a message saying "mmmm I love thick women..."
    sooo not a way to get a response, and that doesn't exactly make me feel so awesome about the weight loss.... stupid men.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Italian!  I indulged for Easter weekend, too, and it continues with the leftovers.  I cannot throw away all that delicious food.  As soon as everything is gone, it's back on track for me which will be pretty soon.

What a succky comment from OKC.  :(  No worries; you're making real progress.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Oh Icy, what a lame comment. Unfortunately with the dating game you've gotta wade thru a lot of dogcrap to get to the diamonds. Take it as a compliment of your fabulous ... assets ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 9/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  1.2
    Left to go - 19 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 11 lbs

I'm starting to think that results lag by a week . . . last week I stayed on the program and was up .8, and this week I went out to dinner twice over the weekend (including 1/2 a sinful dessert) and still lost.  If I'm up next week, I guess I'll know why.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great job, Luna!  

I've experienced that lag, too, by the way, but I can't think of a logical reason why that is.  Either fat stores have been tapped to make up for a calorie intake deficit or they have been added to for a calorie surplus every day.  It makes no sense for it to take a week for that to show up with the knowledge I have; I must be missing some part of the equation.  Sodium flushing, maybe...not sure how long it takes to undo a salty few days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Nuked the heck out of my bronchitis with antibiotics and have managed to keep 5 lbs off. Hopefully it's a building block!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

well... that was a fast way to deflate my ego... I signed on to OKCupid to get a message saying "mmmm I love thick women..."
    sooo not a way to get a response, and that doesn't exactly make me feel so awesome about the weight loss.... stupid men.

~~~~~

I swear I have received this exact same message, word for word.

Good lord.

Do they really think it's flattering?

"Oh, well, you're in luck!  Mmmmm stubby fingered bald guys!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Oh, and everything I lost is back again this week.  I really feel like screaming at this point.  I really don't know what the heck I'm doing that's so different from last spring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop -. Show porkshop -'s posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]"Mmmmm stubby fingered bald guys!"
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, no need to get personal now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jeen, if you're truly and objectively doing the exact same things, you've likely had had a shift in metabolism.  Here are some possible culprits for a lower metabolism (which translates into a lower calorie need than you've had before)

Less muscle mass
    Hormonal changes
    Recent signfificant weight/fat loss
    Higher general stress level (impacting cortisol and other stress hormones)

You can build muscle, of course, by adding a regular (3 times a week) weight routine to your exercise plan.  The other stuff you're pretty much stuck with.  But, if you are doing the same thing as last Spring but not getting the same results, you can probably safely assume your resting metabolism is different and you have to eat fewer calories to achieve what you used to be able to do having consumed more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -.8
    loss to-date: 18
    to go: 32.

I swear to whatever-whomever you worship this is from sneezing and blowing my nose!  Allergy season in the south iiiisss

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had totally forgotten I had a tremendously salty dinner and about had heart failure when I got on the scale this morning!  Water, green tea, and more water for me today.  O M G.

Congrats on the new job and another pound, CHC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

LOL!! yeah I've had those 'scale' moments - but this too shall pass :)

Congrats CHC on the job - and on the zero gain - it must have been all that walking around Disney!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

GAH!

I keep forgetting to do your official updates until I'm too pressed for time to get to it!

I am having a bad week weight-wise, mostly because I started to seriously up my water intake and I'm apparently holding on to a lot of it.  In fact, I am up FOUR POUNDS since my last weigh-in.  I am struggling mightily not to panic.  I have never had trouble losing weight in April before. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Breathe o fearless leader, breathe!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Keep drinking the water and have a banana (or other potassium rich, sodium free snack), and you'll pee it out soon enough. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was starting to get panicky, but the scale has been edging its way down all day.  It usually goes up every day only to dip overnight, so that bodes well for the morning.  Phew!  Salt really does a number on my weight and psyche, and I've been indulging in far too much since Easter.

ETA:  Jeen, was it you who said you were doing the same thing as last year but not getting the same results?  I am watching the news right now, and they just gave a blurb about a new study about prescription drugs and weight gain.  It might be something to consider if you've started a new prescription this year.  Doctors don't always mention the risk of weight gain.  And, this reminds me, I was on an anti-depressant that made me ravenous all the time for about 3 years.  I, of course, gained about 15 lbs before I realized that I could no longer go by my body's cues for hunger regarding when to snack. 

Oh, wait, here it is... 

Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
    Some mood stabilizers
    Some anti-inflammatories
    Some blood pressure medication

Some increase appetite, others slow down metabolism, but the mechanism isn't always known.  If you suspect weight gain from a prescription, ask your doctor if you can switch.  There's an estimated 50 medications that cause people to pack on the pounds, and there is a push in the industry to make "skinny" versions of these drugs.  (paraphrased from Channel 4 News just now)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Current Weight: 154.6
    Last Weigh In:  154.2
    Lost since March 2012: -2.4
    Progess this week: +.4

BAHHHH!!! I'm up. But what you don't see is I was up like 1.5 lbs and it has thankfully come back to a safer resting place on the scale. Lots of social events that both interrupt exercise and provide food (and BOOZE) temptation are the culprits. Turns out water works wonders though... 2 good days of hydration and heathy eating flushed it away.

Neener, can I at least have the outdoor running path of shame? The treadmill makes my world hurt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

also, what is up with the formatting above? no idea how that happened.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It takes me 2 or 3 days to flush out bloat, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: +.4
    loss to-date: 17.6
    to go: 32.6

I'm with Natty G this week - I'd like my treadmill to be outdoors please? Or will the trotting back and forth to the bathroom be enough since I'm about to start swigging the H2O?

Enjoy the weekend lovelies!!!