Things That Don't Matter as much to Men. True or False?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Things That Don't Matter as much to Men. True or False?

This was linked at the bottom of LL
    http://madamenoire.com/94709/things-that-dont-matter-as-much-to-men

I read it and I thought it was pretty accurate (I disagreed with 4 and think 7 could be worded better).

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: Things That Don't Matter as much to Men. True or False?

I found the whole thing full of stereotypes.  

"For many women, when they receive a text or call from their guy, they hear a clock start ticking very loudly in their head, reminding them of every second that passes while they haven’t texted or called him back."

Um, really??  Because women have nothing better to do than wait for a guy to respond to them?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought it makes women sound pretty shallow.  It says to me, "Men don't get mad at the silly stuff women do." 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

Maybe my reading comprehension skills are off but I can't figure out the perspective of, or reasoning behind the article at all. 

Are men supposed to get "better" at these things? Are women supposed to "forgive" these things?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to Re: Things That Don't Matter as much to Men. True or False?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe my reading comprehension skills are off but I can't figure out the perspective of, or reasoning behind the article at all.  Are men supposed to get "better" at these things? Are women supposed to "forgive" these things?
    Posted by ImConfused?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry... its not just you, DLo.  I didn't get that either.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

All of it is true in general - but I think, for the most part, it's mostly true for women too. Yes, some women will do the things suggestes in the article and some men will as well.

page 8 - the sex thing is the only one I 100% agree with. (although some men WILL feel rejected if the woman doesn't want to)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Men reject women for sex?  

I've never experienced this phenomenon. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from viva la porkshop. Show viva la porkshop's posts

[QUOTE]Men reject women for sex?   I've never experienced this phenomenon. 
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a stereotype to me :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viva la porkshop. Show viva la porkshop's posts

1. "Checking in on him when he's sick" Don't care.  Let me sleep.

2. "how come you never think of little cute things to do for me?!” accusation on you…like women do to men." Mrs. Chops has never said this to me, and if she did, I think she would actually self-destruct.

3. "The Big Things" - these are usually a joint effort, so nothing to really be surprised about.  No big deal.

4.  I don't even know what to say.  No.

5.  How hard you try around friends?  I mean, is it really that important that your friends like your significant other?  Wouldn't you choose a significant other that might align with what you like in your friends?  Am I way off?

6.  I'm guilty of delayed responses, but it's because I'm BUSY.  Same with the wife.  Big deal.  Life goes on.  I don't think this is a gender thing, it's an individual thing for certain.

7.  Women can feel very rejected when a guy isn’t in the mood to have sex. - True.  
    But men are used to being the predator. - ?? huh?
    So, if the woman isn’t in the mood one night, men don’t take it as personally. - False.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Its that area where stereotypes and truth converge  :P

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

I didn't identify with any of those.  In fact I am the opposite for most of them.

I found this one more interesting:

http://madamenoire.com/141625/7-things-a-man-only-does-if-hes-serious-about-you/

Guys - yes/no??  Based on that article no man has ever been serious about me (sad face)....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

[QUOTE]It pretty much says that women are high maintenance creatures who obsess over minutae until the other creature in the picture wants to blow his brains out. Women like stuff they can fuss about. Women like fuss. Men do not.
    Posted by BzznAlong[/QUOTE]

ooh I do NOT like fuss. I have no time for fuss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

Unless you count things like tonight "fuss" ( I don't )

NSB leaves for vacation tomorrow. We usually hang out Weds and/or Thurs. Couldn't hang out Weds this week and tonight he is staying with family bc they leave early tomorrow. So we met half way and had dinner. That was a big deal to me since he will be gone for 10 days. Is that "fuss"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

Plan ahead

If you’re just a fling to him, you are (unfortunately) kind of replaceable. But, if he is serious about you, no one else’s presence will do. You’ll know that is the case if he asks you a significant amount of time ahead of time to reserve a day so that you can be his date to something. That means he wants to guarantee he gets your time.

````````````````````````````````````````````

Oooh OOhh! We are good, we are playing Fantasy Baseball together! That guarantees until at least September!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

I read it.  I think it is foo-foo codswallop.

I never worried that my family or friends wouldn't like the guy in my life. I expected some would, some wouldn't and that I would. I know both men and women who canNOT keep themselves from answering a text from ANYone even in the middle of a sentence. I would rather my husband stay the hell away from me when I'm sick, beyond the occasional welfare check.  And my husband relies on my clairvoyance - that would be the clairvoyance I am sadly lacking - to divine and attend to missing buttons and holes in stuff. I'm happy to attend to such things if brought to my attention in a timely fashion - although there is some disconnect on our definitions of "timely" [mine doesn't include a frantic request as I'm backing out of the garage on the way to work.] His attitude around my OKness around his family or friends is he expects that I will like them; but as long as no one is being trashy or mean, it's all golden. On the otherhand, he interposed himself between me and my family a few times - but then I guess that's kind of the same because they were being positively hateful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

[QUOTE]"7 things he does only if he's serious about you" I've had friends of both sexes do almost all of those things. Should Mr. Z be watching his back?
    Posted by Zeptember[/QUOTE]

My post didn't go through, i titled that "7 things he does that will probably make you put him right in the friend zone, though the last one would be creepy."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE] “Can’t you just be next to me so we can cuddle?”  Seriously. There isn't a guy in Christendom who has ever done that.
    Posted by BzznAlong[/QUOTE]

Mr. Cent will initiate cuddling, but he's an atheist so I guess he isn't in Christendom.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXmSQ-dMbhE