1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Re: How much longer until the ignore button returns?

Hi Mighty, don't have a specific date for you; it depends on how long it takes the developers to work through the other items that are ahead of it on the list. Because of development work they also have to do on other projects as well, I'd estimate a couple of months.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Honestly I believe the messy quoting system is more important than ignore because it makes posts almost unreadable. 

Ignore I'd put second on the list, that's my view anyhow.

Third would be making it easier for new folks to find the forums rather than the random menu locations and deep scrolldowns there are mostly now.  (after the first two points are done). 

Right away would be more honest communication with regulars about why this happened and the level of priority it really has (two months out was a good start). This input is coming from someone who handles PR fires for a living. :)  

Fourth would be paying just a bit more attention to the most destructive trolls. For example in the Celts forum there is one sockpuppet posing as a Celtics fan who is not. I know this may sound strange but even in an anonymous forum a sockpuppet is very destructive. Outright Laker trolls - at least you know where they are coming from. And yes I'm in an expert in Internet community moderation so I'm not making this up....

Take this in the good spirit as I'd like these forums to succeed, many others would too, and we're willing to help. 

Remember the ignore doesn't need to grandfather in past data. It could start from scratch and be useful, that would likely make it easier for your developers I would think. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I do my own workaround for  the  quote system to clean up it's confusing look.  I can use colored and different types of fonts by first typing is MS Word and then cutting  and  pasting it into my board post.  Images can be cut and pasted from  the  internet,  but not being  able to upload jpg's means  I can't  edit images in  Photoshop  and upload them anymore.  I can live with all of that and be patient.  I know you  have other priorities.

But we really need the ignore  button

It is seriously needed

Thanks to not  having  it, almost  ready to boycott coming here.  On the front  burner is getting too obnoxious

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't have spell-check anymore?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi Mighty, don't have a specific date for you; it depends on how long it takes the developers to work through the other items that are ahead of it on the list. Because of development work they also have to do on other projects as well, I'd estimate a couple of months.

[/QUOTE]

Any glimmer of that button being reinstalled yet?  It's been more than a couple of months, and we need it bad in CC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Yes, I know TT ... there are a few things ahead of it. Here's our full development schedule:

PHASE 2 - Fixes and restoration

IN PROGRESS             

Comments: Refactor / BCOM-8899 / In QA

Forums: Gold stars for last read post / BCOM-8414 / In QA

Profiles: Avatars / BCOM-9081 / In QA

Forums: Fix [QUOTE] in post replies / BCOM-8538

Forums: Ignore this user / BCOM-7967

Forums: Editing tools for comment box / BCOM-8251

Admin: Provide access to bad words filter / BCOM-7999

Regi: Screen names with regi ID number / BCOM-8281

Comments: Add headers to comments and FB teases / BCOM-9544

NEXT       

1 Comments: BG.com close comments on articles / BGLOBE-2738

2 Comments: Unregistered or logged out user tools / BCOM-7605

3 Comments: Fix look of Report Abuse box in Methode / BCOM-8267

4 Forums: Discussion widgets for section fronts / BCOM-8341

5 Forums: Polls / BCOM-8287

6 Forums: Signatures with editing tools / BCOM-9554

7 Forums: Subscribe to discussions / BCOM-8292

8 Forums: Search box  / BCOM-7949

9 Profiles: Comments links don't go to comment

10 Profiles: Links in Most Commented box don't work / BCOM-8342

11 Comments: Various comment widgets / BCOM-9553

12 Comments: Move Read Full Article link below stub / BCOM-8284

13 Forums: Make sticky discussions maroon / BCOM-8294

PHASE 3 - New features

1 Admin: Reporting tools                                                                                

2 Comments and forums: Social tools on comment box and each post

3 Comments and forums: Mobile

4 Profiles: Profile popup boxes

5 Profiles: Badges - earned and rewarded

6 Site: Ratings and reviews

7 Forums: Private forums

8 Profiles: Personal blogs

9 Profiles: Avatar wrappers for staff

10 Comments: De-clutter tools; icons + text only on hover                      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Dottie.  It's encouraging at least to see a list of restorations/additions that are in the works.  The "ignore" button makes life so much easier in CC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Thanks, Dottie.  It's encouraging at least to see a list of restorations/additions that are in the works.  The "ignore" button makes life so much easier in CC.

No offense, but I cant imagine why anyone would need IGNORE in the CC forum. All the regulars there are extremely pleasant IMO. One in particular named Robin39. She has been quite helpful to me over the years and given me great advice regarding my dog, William, for which I am very thankful. I wish I knew when her birthday is. I would like to buy her something expensive...

Is there a different CC forum on site that I'm unaware of? Maybe that's the one you are referring to. If so, I apologize for the misunderstanding   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're too much, Ache!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nope. I'm not "too much". I'm just right

In fact, I'm always right. All day/every day

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nope. I'm not "too much". I'm just right

In fact, I'm always right. All day/every day

[/QUOTE]

Ache, I hope BDC recognizes what a valuable contributor you are to these forums. Imo BDC should offer you a position in HR, Director of Training and Development.

Although, I'm sure you are overqualified and have much more important career obligations to consider right now.

PS: Thanks Dottie, I look forward to the updates

Robin (aka dog-lady)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

I will accept the position on one condition: that the BDC allow me to hire you as my assistant. I think we would make a helluva team

Our first assignment will be to clean up the mess in OBN. The MGAA have gotten away with their shenanigans too long now. You and I need to step in and put a stop to it once and for all...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes Ache,exactly... just look at this discriminatory remark a member of MGAA/OBN recently made to a new poster in CC.  It's a excerpt from a post (1/11).

Quote) "I don't know, why you have to apologize. Except for a few posters everyone is welcome here. For a reason they are not." (end Quote)

I find it offensive, the audacity!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That's a very disturbing quote, Robin

Warm and friendly on the surface, but note the hostile subtext. The author is essentially warning the new poster in a roundabout way, "Either you play ball with OBN, or else you too will be among the unwelcome around here"

Highly offensive. I dont like it at all

It's exactly this type of thing that will not be tolerated when you and I are put in charge of the new task force to clean up OBN/MGAA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Right on, lol

BTW: Helen Mirren will probably be on The Golden Globes tonight, she's up for an award.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I didnt watch. Did she win? I hope so. I like Helen

I once compared tt trumpet to HM, believe it or not. And, no, I was not drunk that evening...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't know if Helen Mirren won, she looked wonderful though, but I went to Bradley Jay at 10p.

Helen Mirren at the 2013 Golden Globes: Helen Mirren at the 2013 Golden Globes 

Funny, I picture members of that gang to be, shall we say on the large side,  or sometimes I wonder if some of them are really men pretending to be women.....lol

I know we're off topic, I'll step out.   Thanks again Dottie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet is on record as being short and "roly poly". That is how she describes herself

Pingo, I picture as being elegantly pear shaped. But I'm probably way off

Kargiver still looks good (if the pictures she posts of herself are to be believed). I'd have no problem asking her to pose for my "Mean Girls of the OBN" calendar I'm pitching to a publisher friend of mine

She (Kar) is a little too conscious of every quarter of an ounce of weight she gains or loses though. I need to disabuse her of that hyper awareness. It is very unsexy

The others, I have formed no real visual image of. No idea what they look like. I do trust theyre all female though...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Sometimes I picture them with beehive hairdos, I don't know why.

I have to stay out of CC, I'm getting too silly :)

I guess we've hijacked this thread, is that a bad thing?