How did your family deal with the Boston bus driver strike?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCNewsEditor. Show BDCNewsEditor's posts

How did your family deal with the Boston bus driver strike?

A strike by the union representing Boston public schools bus drivers halted service Tuesday morning for tens of thousands of students, officials said. School officials said the strike stemmed from a disagreement between the schools’ transportation vendor, Veolia, and the union representing the drivers.

Were you or your children among those left without transportation to and from school in Boston today? How did you cope?  How have you seen other families dealing with the strike?

School officials said the strike stemmed from a disagreement between the schools’ transportation vendor, Veolia, and the union representing the drivers. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/10/08/boston-school-bus-drivers-stage-wildcat-strike-disrupting-service-thousands-students/2iVIbFaypHUh3PgXwPBJeN/story.html#sthash.lRKsVNF6.dpuf
    A wildcat strike by the union representing Boston public schools bus drivers has halted service this morning for tens of thousands of students, officials said. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/10/08/boston-school-bus-drivers-stage-wildcat-strike-disrupting-service-thousands-students/2iVIbFaypHUh3PgXwPBJeN/story.html#sthash.lRKsVNF6.dpuf
    A wildcat strike by the union representing Boston public schools bus drivers has halted service this morning for tens of thousands of students, officials said. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/10/08/boston-school-bus-drivers-stage-wildcat-strike-disrupting-service-thousands-students/2iVIbFaypHUh3PgXwPBJeN/story.html#sthash.lRKsVNF6.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dnsdoc. Show dnsdoc's posts

Re: How did your family deal with the Boston bus driver strike?

Dad took her on the green line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olympia53. Show Olympia53's posts

Our son goes to a school for students with special needs that is located in another district. BPS is responsible for transportation. We have no way to get him there, so he stayed home (as did I).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPR2006. Show MPR2006's posts

My daughter attends a private school outside of Boston and I transport her there every morning so we were not affected. However, my heart broke over and over again as I saw so many children standing around helplessly at their bus stops, just waiting. The children were probably left behind by working parents who assumed that as scheduled the bus would show up and transport their children to school, only to later find out that their little children were standing around unsupervised and very scared on the sidewalks of very busy city streets. At some stops there were even police officers with their lights flashing, standing guard! Those responsible for this reckless act should be punished at the most extreme level, as they carelessly endangered 30,000 Boston children today!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmwalsh. Show bjmwalsh's posts

I never got a call from BPS (even though I have two kids on the bus).  I found out about the strike from a friend texting me in the morning and then saw the headline on Boston.com.  I tracked our bus on the website and saw it never moved. 

I took the kids into school on the Orange line and walked from there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luvlyme. Show Luvlyme's posts

I could have dropped my son off, but would not have been able to pick him up therefore, he stayed home today.  Hopefully, this strike will not last long.  Although I feel for the drivers and their grievances, this is definitely an inconvenience and not to mention an unfortunate situation for our children who are missing school.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I don't have kids anymore, but the Green Line and bus were full of kids going to school -- late in the morning.  Wonder what the day was like at school.

By the way, to the OP, did you see the thread already started about this?