South Boston Rackets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

South Boston Rackets

So the comments in the Kevin Cullen piece got me thinking...

Who's been running the rackets in Southie since Whitey split?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Re: South Boston Rackets

[QUOTE]So the comments in the Kevin Cullen piece got me thinking... Who's been running the rackets in Southie since Whitey split?
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

Can we please not get into the whole SB gangster thing??  Most of us have never had anything to do with the "rackets", it is so blown out of proportion - if you had nothing to do with them, you had nothing to do with them.  Which is not to say that Whitey didn't hurt a lot of innocent people, he did, and the Feds let him, let him murder people in fact.

And SB is very different these days  - all of the people who used to rent apartments are gone and the apartments are now condos.  So you have the natives who own property and always did, the Yuppies (for lack of a better term), and the Projects.  The Haves and the Have-Nots, and the two worlds exist next to eachother but really don't have anything to do with eachother.

It is very much changed.  Not too many families with young kids now, they can buy a house on the South Shore instead of a condo for the same price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Sounds like it has changed for the better, but the south shore is paying the price for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like it has changed for the better, but the south shore is paying the price for it.

I wouldn't go that far. Still plenty of drug problems and the place is a complete shiitehole. If my Southie Native neighbors could only learn to use barrells/trash bags for their trash instead of the street the place would be a hell of a lot cleaner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

We give 300 large a year for life to Whitey's brother for protecting him in front of congress.  Life is good!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Xaphius. Show Xaphius's posts

[QUOTE]We give 300 large a year for life to Whitey's brother for protecting him in front of congress.  Life is good!
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

someday, it's gonna make a great movie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

No, it hasn't changed for the better, because we have people for neighbors like Dexter 67 who say things like that anonymousy but never to anyone's face.  Call us what you want. Your superiority complex would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.  Yes, we went to college. No, my kids are not addicts (thank God!).
    We could move, we don't want to.  We like living in the city.

We have had to speak to our "new" neighbors several times about putting their trash out three days early and not securing it we have also had problems with some of them being loud and partying late.  They are young, after all, and most of them are perfectly nice, but not all, obviously.  And if you think there is only a drug problem in South Boston, think again.  And that's all I have to say on the subject - I'm sick of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

I love Southie!  There's no need to get defensive, Whitey moved his ops to Somerville, and since his flight, its being taken over by Brazil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

[QUOTE]I love Southie!  There's no need to get defensive, Whitey moved his ops to Somerville, and since his flight, its being taken over by Brazil.

Well Greg, unfortunately we have people who moved in voluntarily and then delight in trashing us anonymously on boards like these.  I usually don't let it bother me but sometimes it gets to me.

I do hope they get Whitey before he dies (if they are even looking for him!).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

"On advice of counsel I am unable to answer any questions today.  I don't feel an obligation to help everyone" catch "Whitey"."

William Bulger, December 6, 2002 before congress.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]No, it hasn't changed for the better, because we have people for neighbors like Dexter 67 who say things like that anonymousy but never to anyone's face.  Call us what you want. Your superiority complex would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.  Yes, we went to college. No, my kids are not addicts (thank God!). We could move, we don't want to.  We like living in the city.   We have had to speak to our "new" neighbors several times about putting their trash out three days early and not securing it we have also had problems with some of them being loud and partying late.  They are young, after all, and most of them are perfectly nice, but not all, obviously.  And if you think there is only a drug problem in South Boston, think again.  And that's all I have to say on the subject - I'm sick of it.
    Posted by aynrand3[/QUOTE]

You assume incorrectly. I have said things to my neighbors. But it's not JUST on my street. It's all over Southie. Sorry but I'm not going to go door to door to make you happy that I don't just say things anonymously.
    So I have a superiority complex because I want a clean neighborhood??? now THAT would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.
    Lastly, I never said there is only a drug problem in Southie. I said there IS a drug problem in Southie. Quite a difference. But you continue to read what isn't there if it makes you happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

[QUOTE]You assume incorrectly. I have said things to my neighbors. But it's not JUST on my street. It's all over Southie. Sorry but I'm not going to go door to door to make you happy that I don't just say things anonymously. So I have a superiority complex because I want a clean neighborhood??? now THAT would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. Lastly, I never said there is only a drug problem in Southie. I said there IS a drug problem in Southie. Quite a difference. But you continue to read what isn't there if it makes you happy.
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

Right, I'm sure you put your neighbors right in their place. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I actually run the rackets nowadays. Worked my up from being a "Soldier". Before that I was enrolled in the Domino's Pizza Mgt program. It just wasn't for me, I prefer more flexible hours

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE]I actually run the rackets nowadays. Worked my up from being a "Soldier". Before that I was enrolled in the Domino's Pizza Mgt program. It just wasn't for me, I prefer more flexible hours
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

Do you need any help? I'm looking for a new line of work.

One thing Southie does have on its side is at least the housing project dwellers can walk to the beach, unlike Charlestown or other s-holes.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]Right, I'm sure you put your neighbors right in their place. 

Gawd you are a piece of work. It wasn't about "putting them in their place". It was about neighbors talking about keeping the area clean. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Do you not think it's possible for neighbors to have civil conversations? Is it that you don't so you assume everyone else doesn't?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Do you need any help? I'm looking for a new line of work. One thing Southie does have on its side is at least the housing project dwellers can walk to the beach, unlike Charlestown or other s-holes.  

I like your enthusiasm but I have a ton of prospects you would be competing with. Tell you what, go down to the Farragaut House and order the lily white burger well done with a side of the wax beans. They'll know. We'll find you shortly after that and discuss things. Its a tough economy so I need guys who are eager, proactive, and willing to go the extra mile. High School degree preferred.

Charlestown is full of bank robbers. If I am looking for a tough score, sometimes I farm some stuff out to those guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Charlestown is full of bank robbers.
    ----------------------

Lets go to the 99 for a few shots

Badda boom boom

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Charlestown is full of bank robbers. ---------------------- Lets go to the 99 for a few shots Badda boom boom

Good one! Definitely preferred that spot when it was the Front Page. Better food and you were far less likely to get shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

[QUOTE]Gawd you are a piece of work. It wasn't about "putting them in their place". It was about neighbors talking about keeping the area clean. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Do you not think it's possible for neighbors to have civil conversations? Is it that you don't so you assume everyone else doesn't?
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

Go away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Go away.

And let that be a lesson to you Dex !! She sent me to my room for a timeout.

She is one bad Mo Fo !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]No, it hasn't changed for the better, because we have people for neighbors like Dexter 67 who say things like that anonymousy but never to anyone's face.  Call us what you want. Your superiority complex would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.  Yes, we went to college. No, my kids are not addicts (thank God!). We could move, we don't want to.  We like living in the city.   We have had to speak to our "new" neighbors several times about putting their trash out three days early and not securing it we have also had problems with some of them being loud and partying late.  They are young, after all, and most of them are perfectly nice, but not all, obviously.  And if you think there is only a drug problem in South Boston, think again.  And that's all I have to say on the subject - I'm sick of it.

As a born and raised Southie boy I agree! I love idiots commenting about Southie that have no idea. They talk about things from 30+ years ago as if they happened yesterday...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

[QUOTE]As a born and raised Southie boy I agree! I love idiots commenting about Southie that have no idea. They talk about things from 30+ years ago as if they happened yesterday...
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Brat.  It's why I hate these threads - they always become insulting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

I know nothing about southie.  Except I'm glad I don't live there.  every winter we read about the parking savers.  Friends tell me about pulling in front of their house, walking upstairs, and looking outside to see someone ripping their bike off the car rack.

Back when I was young and single, I used to play softball in summer leagues down there. We'd go drinking afterwards.

One night, in this southie bar, a fairly drunk townie proposes to his GF in front of the entire bar.  She says, in front of everyone, "It's so small".  ugh.  such trash. I was never so glad to get back to Brighton.

Anywho...y'all enjoy the city livin'.  Sounds charming.  I'm off to visit my garden, enjoy the sounds of birds chirpping and little else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

We have the parking chairpeople and coneheads in Medford too.

I liked the bit about Southie having a drug problem.  I used to go to Eastie for the sole reason that they had one.  Well, that and Santarpios

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]And let that be a lesson to you Dex !! She sent me to my room for a timeout. She is one bad Mo Fo !!
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

LOL. I guess when she has no comeback she gives timeouts. Works for me