Troy Davis...Stay or Execute?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Troy Davis...Stay or Execute?

What say you? I say stay for now until you can eliminated more of the doubt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

Re: Troy Davis...Stay or Execute?

You need to update this thread; because he's dead.  ( no rhyme intended )
    I'm for the death penalty.   The criminal justice system is exactly that. It's a system. Not an exact science. 

A system of checks and balances where the biggest burden is on 12 regular local yokels to decide innocence or guilt.  

From what I understand; the people who only years later decided to come out and tell the real truth did an injustice ( that they'll have to live with )  greater than the judge that sentenced him to death; the jury that convicted or even the prosecutor that took the case.

If someone's bullying you; threatening you; harrassing you or intimidating you to say something that falsely incriminates someone else in open court - it's as much an obligation as anything else to open your damn mouth and say something. 

But people keep their mouths shut because they don't want any trouble;
    and only years later they want to recant when someone's about to die. 

I don't blame the courts for dismissing the case; they don't have anything to go on.  There's no real hard evidence besides what people say and believe. 

If Troy Davis is innocent of the crime; someday whatever tangible facts exist will be known. If Troy Davis is guilty; everything stays the same. 

Troy Davis had 20 years in prison between conviction and execution.
    If something was going to happen in his favor to get him a new trial; clemency or release.   It would have happened.   

Unfortunately real life is not like tv. 

Sometimes you get hosed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

What say you? I say stay for now until you can eliminated more of the doubt.

What was the doubt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

What was the doubt?

7 of 9 witnesses recanted their testimony saying they were  bullied by police.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

And the judge ignored this? Interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I never understood the liberal resistance to capital punishment.  After all, it is the government making this possible.  I thought that all government solutiosn are to be considered proper?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

The best part was they gave him an extra 4 hours, where he may have thought he was not going to be put to death, well played SC.  Well played.