how long will american's stay apathetic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

to reality?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOlN7VALlh4

please discuss amongst yourselves. something needs to change, and i'm not talking about the change i speak of, i mean real change. take back your lives and your future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Just looking for some general info here, could someone/anyoneplease tell me why Barack Obama is so popular besides his views on thewar? I'm just trying to get a sense of why everyone around here seemsto be so crazy for the guy (this is not an insult, please don't go onthe defensive). I understand he's been one of the only ones against thewar from the beginning, and clearly that's a big deal for a lot ofpeople, which is fine. But other than that, what is making people lovethe guy so much? Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Michele - he has a HUGE base of young people, people who don't own homes, college students, hippies, immigrants, African Americans and ex-Clinton supporters who don't think she can win.Also - remember the fervent Ron Paul supporters just a month or two ago? They have moved from him to Barack Obama - despite the complete 180 difference between the two on policy and platforms. How can you go from supporting an extremely conservative constitutionalist to supporting Barack Obama? It is all about idealism - the "hope" for something different. Ron Paul was far too conservative on almost everything to ever get my vote...and I'm a Republican. Yet his most passionate supporters have decided to now support the most liberally progressive�candidate I have ever seen run for President. Either they have NO CLUE about what each candidate really stands for...or else they somehow appreciate the subtle hatred for modern-day America displayed by both candidates. Ron Paul was more about reflecting on nonense conspiracy theories - while Barack Obama would love to take the Constitution and completely demolish and re-write it. There's some change for ya.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from uspatrio1. Show uspatrio1's posts

Michele - he has a HUGE base of young people, people who don't own homes, college students, hippies, immigrants, African Americans and ex-Clinton supporters who don't think she can win.Thank God these people, with the exception of the�ex-Clintonistas,�do not vote!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Thanks Pink,

That was what I was noticing but Nicegirl just like to attack, attack, attack. It's funny you mention that about the Constitution because one of my Constitutional Law prof. the other night was saying we mise well not even continue reading it or the book because if Obama wins it will all be demolished.

.....He was making a joke people! Don't freak out. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry02169. Show harry02169's posts

How about dealing with China? That country is the biggest ABUSER of its own citizens. Plus, China has systematically tried to destroy the culture of Tibet and now thinks they have 'Arrrived' by hosting the Olympics.Here's another ugly truth: Beijing has so much air pollution that many of the athletes will have trouble running. Economic progress does NOT�make China an equal to Western Democracies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry02169. Show harry02169's posts

The biggest extremist / terrorist cell in this country is called the Republican Party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Nicegirl,

My thinking you're attacking people is an opinion, not a fact.

I am not a Republican. For the fiftieth time.� I lean towards the right, but have some democratic views, surprise, surprise.

Touche, you should point it out, but again, it's your opinion that it's outrageous, etc - people can post what they want/debate what they want/say what they want. Isn't that what you told me?

It wasn't a nice comment, I had a terrible day, I made some pretty mean/not well thought out comments. I'm only human - and I already apoligized.

In my opinion, party politics and the American electoral system should be abolished anyway, please don't put me in a group like that. I thank people that I tend to agree with, if they are conservative, good for them. If you came on here and it was a discussion about Roe v. Wade and said it should never be overturned and argued for that, I'd gladly thank you, too.

Trying to find my way? Give me a break! I'm getting the political process what I'm not GETTING is the Obama infatuation, and clearly I'm not alone! Don't single me out like that because clearly on the threat people agree they didn't get it either. So don't act all tough girl behind your computer and call me out on acting like an "innocent school aged kid". You're as childish as it comes in some of your statement, clearly that being one of them. I don't think you're attacking me I just think you don't practice what you preach (case in point your "sweeping generalization statements").

And BTW, I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone but you, Nicegirl, hence me saying in every reply "Nicegirl,".

Disagree all you want, as will I. Debate all you want, as will I. But don't think that you're fooling anyone acting all 'nice' and 'innocent' and just 'debating'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Get off your high horse, Nicegirl.

The difference is simple.

We could go back and forth like little kids and say "you singled me out first!" and on and on, but what is that going to solve? ...Nothing. Case closed.

I've replied to you like you've replied to me. Don't put all the blame on me when you do the same things. It's discussion, no need to get all upset.

Call me a child again, you're really showing how mature you are.

I don't assume you're nice, I just thought it was rather funny, as I said before. And I've only been 'called out' by you, I don't see the big deal but apparently you do. I rather be in my position than yours any day (thats not an insult, just saying I like the position I am now and seeing all of this).

It has everything to do with you because you're the only one that does it / seems to care for whatever reason.

If it makes you sleep better at night that you feel older and wiser, that's great and I am happy for you. I already said I was done with these pointless debates, silly, whatever you want to call them - they're solving nothing. It's just you insulting my intelligence because I'm not as old as you, real grown up of you.

Again, have a great day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pensapositivo. Show pensapositivo's posts

It is interesting that a Republican such Joe in the morning (sorry I don't know his last name) ; who spend a lot of time of his program attacking Obama , he said days ago that "Obama slogan of change has already worked becuase�today many�small donors are �participating in the process, many people that were reluctant to vote have done it. His figure and message has produced the first changes".As he said , and�American need to understand,�change will not come alone, he will not change anything if people work for the change. Personally�,�I think the American political system is totally corrupted.Today politicians get paid to pass laws , they legislate in favor of corporations, but we elect them. �Worldwide Lobby is corruption, except in USA. We have to change this and make American systems work for the people and not for the coporations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

I tried discussing politics in my thread but it turned into a useless exchange of words with another person and myself. My mind is not made up at all, as a matter of fact. How is me apoligizing for making bad statements shooting people down? And the only person I 'shot' down was that one person and the feeling was mutual - but as we both said, it was pointless/stupid.

I am not on this board to make enemies, believe it or not, I just like to read what others have to say on issues and occasionally put in my two cents. A few times, it has not come off right, and as I said, I apoligized for that.

Enough of the growing up, I am growing up and just because I say some things that some people do not agree with and/or like does not make me immature or whatever you'd like to call it.

Opposing opinions is all this board is, I'm not the only one drawing them out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

"Personally�,�I think the American political system is totallycorrupted.Today politicians get paid to pass laws , they legislate infavor of corporations, but we elect them. �Worldwide Lobby iscorruption, except in USA. We have to change this and make Americansystems work for the people and not for the coporations."

I agree that is very corrupt. It seems that every politician has an agenda that they will do anything in their power to get done. It's a shame that people can't really vote on party platforms it seems because of these personal agendas. Some things definitely need to change in that sense but its very hard to trust any of these candidates words. The system really needs to change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

When did I say my mind was open? I don't want to bash liberals or dems because I have some similar views as they do, which I've already said.

Well, that's your opinion that I am close minded and immature. I am sorry that you feel that way - you're obviously entitled to any opinion you'd like to have for me, but it's a shame you're judging my character by a few posts with one other person. That would be like me calling you ignorant and judgmental for making these statements about me based on a few exchanges with one other person.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

You're such a party shill it's not even funny�

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

Michelle2227,
    I thought your comments were valid and you make a good point. Unfortunately, because this is a public forum party extremists, lunatics and the like are just a free to post as you and I. What I enjoy is a little button called Ignore. Ltown and nicegirl and Seymore fall into that category as there is no debating with these clowns unless you agree with them. Don't post facts - it's useless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I may be misreading your text but do you believe it's Obama that wants to make it about race or do you believe its the people debating this election that is making it about race?� Pick up a couple of Obama's books. He made his entire career about race.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I'm tired of candidates polling the public and then standing on the side of the issue that has the most votes.With the exception of Mitt Romney, I believe Barack Obama has paid for the most polls out of every candidate that has ran for President of the United States this year.Everything that comes out of McCain or Hillary's mouths feels rehearsed.�Interesting comment. The part I disliked most of Barack Obama's race speech (besides the fact that he chose to begin almost 45 mins late), was that he was so obviously reading from a teleprompter - almost like he wanted us to know that it wasn't from the heart. The part I like most about some of John McCain's speeches (although I think he's a terrible speaker)...is that he chooses to make his most important speeches from handwritten notes in front of him, rather than a campaign-written teleprompter. Hillary Clinton, (since I should probably comment on all of them), is a very concise and well-rehearsed speaker with an excellent vocabulary and strong grasp on the issues. NOTE: I do not agree with her.Obama presents himself more honestly.� He doesn't pander to voters.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Please.�He's been against the war from the beginning, which I like.�Easy to say. The war is a touchy issue for many Obama supporters. Does it matter to you that he doesn't really support a sudden and swift withdrawal of troops? Or does it just matter that he was against it from the beginning? Do you think that if he were able to vote on the issue those several years ago, that he would have voted No? When the leaders of our country were all convinced that Iraq was a threat, that Saddam Hussein held weapons of mass destruction and that removing him from power was a absolute necessity for the safety of this country? I'm not saying that these statements are true, but when the vote came to the Senate, they believed it like they believe the earth is round. Does it matter to you that if John McCain had been voted President eight years ago, we wouldn't be in Iraq right now? Or does everything I say just sound like: "Bush/war/lies/"I don't want another 4 years of constant BS.��� Neither do I. Unfortunately for you, Obama keeps getting his tongue tied. Every three days there is a new "misstatement", or as I like to call "bs" coming from his mouth. I realize that just talking negatively about him is going to make you like him even more. I'm counting on that. ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I don't want another 4 years of constant BS.��� I think you need to grow up yourself too.�((sorry! had to!))

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Personally�,�I think the American political system is totally corrupted.Today politicians get paid to pass laws , they legislate in favor of corporations, but we elect them. �Worldwide Lobby is corruption, except in USA. We have to change this and make American systems work for the people and not for the coporations.So do I. That is why I vote Republican.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

The fact that I'm an older, a more seasoned debater didn't happen by accident, I was once where you were too.� Finding my way through the process, learning how to debate, getting heated at people that I thought were attacking my personality - it is all part of growing up and learning.�This sounds like a challege, nicegirl, ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

What's ironic is that your description of us is actually a description of yourself.

Please. I have to read through this board and read your same three arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pensapositivo. Show pensapositivo's posts

�I think that Republicans more than Democrats have a strongest tendency to favor special interest. Just take a look over the Bush's 8 year in the WH. How many of his appointees had to resign because corruption, or just the�govenment different desicions:War in Iraq-- big benefits for special interest and a pain�to people. I suggest that you get inform about Blackwater and Halliburton.Tax Cut--- The only getting benefits are the Wealthiest and Corporations. Until today Tax Cut has had nule impact in my purchasing power, more over , it impacted my�property taxes.Subprime crisis-- the big help is not to help the cause of the problem , which is the lossing of the houses by workers�and middle class people because its�inability to pay. The help went to the large construction compnaies with� huge tax brakes. Then they�see a great benefits but people still will be�loosing their homes.Monetary policy-- this administration had decided�to have a monetary policy based in a low dollar price, to promote exports and reduced the�commercial gap. The consecuences have been devastating to the workers and middle class. The oil prices have�skyrocketed to values unknown before, the effect in people is a�lost in purchasing power and as a final consecuence lost of sales and lost of jobs. The benefitiaries, again are the large oil companies that have hade historics revenues and profits.So , are you for all of this and to keep this going??����

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

scauma - I read an article a couple of weeks ago about the candidates purchasing straw polls and accusations of push polling during this election cycle. It mostly focused on Mitt Romney - but it also talked about the number of straw polls purchased by Obama's campaign, as well as accusations of his push-polling against Edwards and Clinton in the early states. I can't for the life of me find the article anywhere - so I apologize if it was a fluke.

As for reading from a teleprompter - I was so irritated by how obvious it was! It almost seemed intentional. He speaks most often from two teleprompter paddles on his right and his left...on this occasion, he hardly once looked at the audience, and even stuttered on occasion during his reading. In most of his speeches, he's very good about engaging the audience - but in this particular speech, the teleprompter reading was both obnoxious and not done very well. I know that he is still a good speaker - much better than John McCain for sure. But I know that John McCain is terrible, and I know that Obama is great - so when he makes what is supposed to be a monumental speech about race - I just don't expect him to (a) show up late, and (b) make it point to read so obviously from a teleprompter...which gives me the message that you don't really mean what you're saying. Now, I'm not a Mitt Romney fan by any means...but his speech on religion was unaided by a teleprompter, and only aided by what looked to be a piece of paper on his podium. Same goes for his suspension speech at the end of his campaign. I can tell that he means what he is saying - although that concept is a bit disturbing.

I know that the decision to invade Iraq was based on miscalculations and false information. But the people who voted for the war thought that the false information was true. I never said I believed it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

pensa -

Under Democratic leadership, I have no decision about where my tax money goes. The money is taken from me, placed in the administration's hands, and they decide what my money will benefit - whether or not I agree with their interests and programs. In a free market - I DECIDE...I have more of a say. I don't want corporations to have any power over my money and liberties...just as I don't want the government to have power over my money and liberties. But so far, the corporations haven't taken that control...and all three Presidential candidates plan to remove their tax breaks. I'm choosing to vote for the one who both favors a more regulated system AND the free market.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pensapositivo. Show pensapositivo's posts

PinkElephantUnder Democratic leadership, I have no decision about where my tax money goes. The money is taken from me, placed in the administration's hands, and they decide what my money will benefit - whether or not I agree with their interests and programs. In a free market - I DECIDE...I have more of a say. Do you have any decision today where the money that you pay for taxes goes? can you show me any proof of that? .I think that you have a little confussion.� Even in a free market economy you have no saying where the money paid in taxes goes. You don't have options . There is not options.� HAve you ever being asked where do you want to allocate the money of your taxes? . What is unfair is that even you pay taxes you don't have the right to enjoy some benefits. For example, in my case I have children and I paid more $3200� to the city every year in property taxes, plus motor taxes, and others. I pay , as you pay , taxes to the State government and to the federal government.� Let say I am paying a membership. I have my kids in private school because the public school systems sacks , the environment and the teaching is not what I want for my children. I wanted to use one of the services from the public system, I wanted to have my children in violin classes. Because I don't have them in public system I can't enjoy my memebership by having my kids attending this extracurricular program, but still I have to pay the taxes. My family doesn't get�benefits from taxes, we pay our own health insurace, we don;t get the pothole in the street fixed , but we have to pay the membership. To me this is stealing. Who do I blame? of course the government, and Republican are as much responsible as democrats of the mess that the government is heading to.����������