Obama aide quits after 'monster' comment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooterdude. Show scooterdude's posts

Samantha Power spoke freely. It's not right that she should feel such regret. I think everyone can judge the merits of her comments. Let it be.
    In the meantime, the two-party system is tottering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

all they can think of doing is attacking like a bunch of angry dogs.�� They pretty much do the same thing that GOP people do

Taken out of context, anyone would think you were talking about Clinton people with this language.�

THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN IS A CULT !!!

Hmmm, you seem to be attacking like a bunch of angry dogs.� You wouldn't happen to be an Obama supporter, would you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmonmcd. Show dmonmcd's posts

Instead of rambling some un-educated opinion I will answer the questions posted:1. No she shouldn't have resigned but the fact is that Clinton has gone Negative (remember how much Healey's ad caused repulsion?) and Barack has stuck to the issues (no Healthcare expertise criticism by pointing out the facts that she FAILED and NAFTA((which she supported while Slick Bill was Pres. and she totes as part of her 'experience')) was exactly what it is...the truth! Oh yeah that person and anyone else that says Barack won't beat McCain is using race rather than knowledge of the issues as their reason! Stop watching TV and pick up a book! That is the difference between her and Hillary and if she was a Hillary insider she'd be praised by her and Hillary would lie again and say she knew nothing about it!2. No it won't have effect because the bottom line is that unless Barack makes a mistake himself he is the only one that will win, all of us independents will not vote for a liar and fear mongerer like Hillary! She disgusts me as what women should aspire to be when she is nothing more than an opportunist(keep cheating Bill and she gets to be President!) Barack has not been corrupted by the system, was 100% correct about Iraq while she voted to send troops, and he has a healthcare as well as an economic solution that is realistic and attainable. Also, enviromentally friendly and is proving it by not�making broken promises but actually already doing it by recycling their posters and literature to other states!The fact of the matter is that she was right but since Hillary's fake tears cause votes by the naive (mostly un-educated women, as the NY Times, Washington Post, and the Journal have pointed out in their polls) who would rather watch a Soap Opera than the news, it is small glitch to a much bigger problem where the truth versus perception have been mixed!�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from atteckus. Show atteckus's posts

Yes.� Smart or not, it was assinine of her�to call Hillary a monster ... on or off the record.� I might as well call Obama a Muslim mullah and terrorist sympathizer.� I suppose that would be brilliant too, and conducive to the unity our party needs to succeed the second-worst president in American history.Contrary to what has been said on this board, Obama has had more that 1 year of experience.� He has, however, not had a serious background in National affairs.� He is ill-equipped to take the 3 A.M. phone call, whereas, Mrs. Clinton has been awoken by such phone calls since 1992 ... although not the direct recipient.� There is a mountain of difference, in my opinion, between a dreamer (Obama) and a pragmatist (Clinton) in terms of the results we will achieve.� If Obama were elected, we would be treated to a Carter-esque 4 years of failure, followed by 8 years of right-wing backlash.� If Hillary is elected, we would be treated to 16 years of sensible government, with a more skilled and wizened Obama serving 8 of those years.Be careful what you say and wish for.�

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobnsri. Show bobnsri's posts

She was far too kind in her statement about Bill and Hill "The Two Headed Serpent From Arkansas"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry02169. Show harry02169's posts

I think John Hickey is a coward

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougwinspear. Show dougwinspear's posts

I think it is absolutely imperative that no one in this campaign be allowed to say what they really think. Do we really want a re-run of the Clinton years? I remember this documentary I saw after the welfare reform bill was passed. I watched busloads of poor black women being loaded up in the wee hours, to be trucked out to pluck chickens for mimimum wage for Bubba Clinton's old friend and benefactor, Mr. Tyson, where they could spend sixty hour weeks in his chicken processing factories.How about another buddy, Sam Walton. Do we have to watch re-runs of Hillary, as board member, extolling the virtues of union-less free enterprise, in her best fake Georgia peach accent? Will we have to sit through re-runs of� "Designing Women" again. Watch Anthony, shuffling and rolling his eyeballs for Missy Hillary? The Commanderette in Chief in her navy blue suit with the brass buttons ordering a feminist jihad against those CIA trained nutbars while our good ally Saudi Arabia stones adulteresses and gives thirty lashes to women that had been gang-raped?� Madeleine Albright again?� Like Tales from the Crypt. Iraq, Serbia. Humanitarian genocide anyone?
    ���

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from squashdog6. Show squashdog6's posts

the sad thing about the obama campaign is that they keep on saying how the superdelegates must "vote with the voters".� The only reason we have superdelegates is so we can have established leaders in the democratic party who will help us to establish our next leader.� People say that electability should have nothing to do with their decision.� Any person with commonsense knows that electability should be the ONLY thing on these superdelegates minds.In all honesty they will probably end up with a joint ticket.�� Hillary should be on the top of that ticket but we will see if the superdelegates make the choice of electabilty or base their decision on false promises.� Lets face it Obama already stole devals speech.� Lets hope he doesnt steal his lack of action while in office...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwmcp. Show mwmcp's posts

I guess if a person tells a reporter, ..."it's off the record" it doesn't mean anything.� Shame on the British reporter!� Please let's get back to the issues facing our country and away from this 2nd grade non-sense.� Oh, one last question for Hillary, "what type of underwear to you prefer, thongs or grannys?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wyzguy333. Show wyzguy333's posts

The work Samantha Powers does cannot come close to being measured both for our Country and the World.� Ann Coulter cannot even hold her shoes.� She probably did the right thing to resign but she wan't even a paid staffer, just an advisor.Senator Clinton is just upset Rupert Murdoch's doing her fundraising for her.� In that regard I'm calling her a monster too.� Barack Obama just got my vote!� Sorry Mrs. Clinton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmart7. Show kmart7's posts

You replied to the wrong person.� I didn't send the message you're responding to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver. Show madriver's posts

I agree - she HAD to resign after her comments.� She may be intellectually smart but obviously is lacking in the skills needed to make public remarks....surprising because of her background.� The other candidates have had to deal with this sort of thing, too, and can't do much but sever ties quickly.It makes me wonder, though, what kind of advisors these candidates will surround themselves with if elected.� It's wonderful to have someone so loyal they will fight for you, but I wonder if these same people will have the strength to be more loyal to the nation than to the person.� We've had 7 years of a President who doesn't like disagreement, discussion, or varied opinions and he's made many bad decisions (IMO).� Obama, Clinton and McCain all have advisors who are intellectually smart, but I worry that Obama's lack of Washington experience (and world experience) will lead him to depend too heavily on his advisors while he's finding his footing in a complex environment.�

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

In another life, I spent more than a decade as a newspaper reporter.� The�rules are that everything is on the record unless stipulated by both parties before the off the record discussion takes place.� If she did not know that, and if she is out there representing the Obama camp, then someone in OBama's�press operation fell down on the job.� As a source, you have to ask to go off of the�record.� Furthermore, if there's any kind of tape rolling, you need to�tell them to shut it off and put the pencil down.� It is also a good idea to ask reporters what off the record means to them.� Because what it really means is that the information that is given as off the record cannot be used with the source's name attributed or attached to it in any way.� It does not prohibit the reporter from�trying to check the out the information independently.� The reason for this is that sources may try to keep some unsavory item from being disclosed by telling it to a reporter in an off the record conversation thinking that once the reporter hears it off the record he or she can't report it.� This is journalism, not confession.That said, before a source has an agreed upon off the record conversation with a reporter, that source had damn well�better�know that reporter very, very well and trust that the reporter will never violate that agreement.� The best advice I could give is to never�go off the record, but it is a useful device to get something out there and not have your name attached to it.� But it's a dangerous game.This differs from a conversation on background insofar as that type of conversation can be used and attributed to an anonymous source.� An off the record conversation can not be used that way.�I had several instances during my reporting career where people who absolutely knew the rules would make a comment, think about stupid it sounded or how damaging it might be,�then say, "Oh, that's off the record."� No dice unless I wanted to give them a break.� Sounds to me that's what happened to Ms. Powers.� Oops, too late.� They could have cut her a break, but the tidbit was just too juicy.As for the current state of journalism today, well, that's another matter entirely.� Too many would rather be first than right.� Too many just take a press release and run with it.� Too many never leave the office, preferring to do their jobs on the phone rather than look a source in the eye.� Woe is our democracy if this trend continues.�

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

Interesting observations, Boo, thanks for sharing them.� I think there are some Obama supporters with stars in their eyes whose outrage at the agressive campaign Clinton is running is indeed overblown.� I think there are many others who are upset at Hillary for a different reason, though.� If her tactics create hard feelings within the party that alienate the new voters Obama is bringing in, the net effect could be long term damage to Democratic party.� The immediate effect would be a president John McCain, which may not be such a bad thing, depending on who he chooses to surround himself with (particularly his vice president).

For the record, I see nothing wrong with calling someone a monster. ;-)