Should Tom Menino Be Vice President?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Since Alaska's population is roughly the same size as the City of Boston, and Tom Menino has been Mayor for 15 years, that means he has a lot more "executive" experience than Sarah Palin. Should he be on the ticket with John McCain. I know he's not as good looking, but....

Just wonderin'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

sure, why not?

Biden's gonna take it hard, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Menino is an old boy network Democratic crook. Represents the corrupt politics of the past.

Palin is a young reformer, who successfully fought corruption in her own Party.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

That's a nice way of putting it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

The more threads I see like this them more I know McCain made a smart move!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

The more comments like that I see, the more I know how much you guys HATE this and cannot stand having to defend this bizarro choice. It is totally insane. All of the nonstop Obama has no experience blahblahbah on and on, and then they come up with someone who was the Mayor of a town of 8000 until two years ago? And is supposed to be ready to serve as Commander in Chief of the free world? She has never been overseas save for a trip to Kuwait to visit the troops. Hell, I''ve been to college, I'm a hockey mom, I'm a woman, but I've at least been to Europe three times! Give me a break, this is ridiculous and comparing her to Hillary Clinton is outrageous, she is not in the same league.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]The more comments like that I see, the more I know how much you guys HATE this and cannot stand having to defend this bizarro choice. It is totally insane. All of the nonstop Obama has no experience blahblahbah on and on, and then they come up with someone who was the Mayor of a town of 8000 until two years ago? And is supposed to be ready to serve as Commander in Chief of the free world? She has never been overseas save for a trip to Kuwait to visit the troops. Hell, I''ve been to college, I'm a hockey mom, I'm a woman, but I've at least been to Europe three times! Give me a break, this is ridiculous and comparing her to Hillary Clinton is outrageous, she is not in the same league.[/Quote]

relax, Betty

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Not Betty, never Betty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Tom Menino could rid DC of street performers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Yes, this is another new, strange trait of the conservative American. Traveling to Europe makes you unpatriotric. Yes, she was raised to believe she could do anything - problem is, she wants to limit what others do and benefit from according to religious beliefs she has.

Bill Kristol wrote the most nauseating piece of journalism I have ever read yesterday - about a woman who was "actually proud to be a wife and mother". Gee, that's front and center in my life but I don't wake up every morning expecting Bill Kristol to write colums about it. Republicans like women until they talk back, - then they are shrill, angry, dried up feminists. Nope, most of us are just as noble as Ms. Alaska.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickterp. Show rickterp's posts

A better analogy: Imagine Obama had picked Fitchburg mayor Lisa Wong as his VP. Actually she's under 30, so she's not eligible. But the Wong analogy is better than the Menino one -- she's a bright young reformer who's going places, but not yet.

What his pick of Palin tells me is that McCain is a reckless gambler who doesn't vet his VP choice and would make a horrible President --- Bush, but with more impulsiveness and less judgment.

And, yes, he didn't vet Palin before naming her, so her vetting will be in public --- should be interesting...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Here's a funny one...
    Imagine ANY of the corrupt moonbat Democratic office holders in Massachusetts...actually resigning and taking on the members of their own Party ...on corruption !!!

LOL....Governor Deval....yeh, he's really good at rooting out corruption and the old boy network...

Palin had more political guts than all the Massachusetts corrupt Party hacks put together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

Not Betty, never Betty.

[/Quote]

relax, Betty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

betty, this country cant afford another president or vice preidentwho massacres the english language! LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

I fear for his safety when riding his bike on the DC Beltway

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

With that argument how do you reconcile Obama's resume'??

A Senator is only 1/100th of a decision. Do you really want to talk about being a Community Organizer or voting "Present" 131 times???

Dems are obviously afraid of Palin. Funny....I didn't expect a reason to be excited about voting for McCain...that has changed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In one 40 minute speech....Sarah Palin wiped away Obama's 10 point lead in the polls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GiGiGuGu. Show GiGiGuGu's posts

Sure, why not. I can just imagine putting him on the prime time speech and half of the American can't UNDERSTAND what Mumbo is talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhwarriorsrg1812. Show bhwarriorsrg1812's posts

This is a post about Menino but it has gone off-topic. I'm a conservative and a big fan of Menino I hope he can replace Deval Patrick as governor and work his way up to be president.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

[Quote]THIS JUST IN: Palin is accused of bilking retired people out of their homes and properties along the White River in Arkansas...

Just kiddin that never really happened. I dont know how I came up with that.[/Quote]

MSNBC will be headlining the story tonight, the NYT will lead with it in tomorrow's paper, and Crazy Joe will bring it up at the debate Thursday.