GAO Report: ObamaCare Will Add $6.2 Trillion to Long-Term Deficit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: GAO Report: ObamaCare Will Add $6.2 Trillion to Long-Term Deficit

Only if the cost containment plan doesn't work.  Did you catch that part of the GAO report?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gao-report-if-cost-containment-fails-obamacare-will-be-a-budget-buster/article/2522590

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to FortySixAnd2's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

Only if the cost containment plan doesn't work.  Did you catch that part of the GAO report?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gao-report-if-cost-containment-fails-obamacare-will-be-a-budget-buster/article/2522590

That's quite an expensive 'if'...

The government estimates are always spot-on, I'm not worried.....I'm terrorfied.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

That's quite an expensive 'if'...

"If" it doesn't work, then we are all f*cked. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

* If everything that is in the ACA absolutely fails to work and legislators don't act to tweak the law as needed to deal with any unforseen circumstances as they have done for virtually every law since the Congress was formed. Does the word "Amendment" ring a bell?

Yea just like they are "tweaking" or amending Social security, medicare, etc!!

lapdog go sit with your party and shhh

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

Heh, heh, heh... Whacko wingnuts, the ideologically ignorant party.

If the idiots on these boards were around for some past law tweaks....

"Are you sure you want to free the slaves? The original is working just fine"

"Women should stay barefoot and pregnant and out of the voting booth."

What a dolt.

You call constitutional amendments "tweaks"?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Obama care has nil title to do with improving health care or lowering costs. It has everything to do with income redistribution, ie.e theft by government.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That's chump change compared to what the deficit (and insurance premiums) would look like without it.

Much less the tens of billions being profiteered every year by the fast, loose, out of control health care sector.

Either you're for a (relatively) equal society, or you're not.  The ACA strives toward the former in almost every regard.

It just doesn't go far enough to address the systemic problems that nobody wants to touch.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

That's chump change compared to what the deficit (and insurance premiums) would look like without it.

Much less the tens of billions being profiteered every year by the fast, loose, out of control health care sector.

Either you're for a (relatively) equal society, or you're not.  The ACA strives toward the former in almost every regard.

It just doesn't go far enough to address the systemic problems that nobody wants to touch.

Our healthcare system was the best in the world, It just needed some tweaking not a complete overhaul. The ACA is a peice of garbage that should be thrown out. I like some of the provisions but as a whole it sucks. I suppose when the time comes and the true cost of the ACA really shows it will be the usual default action. Blame the GOP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Profits are bad...

Profits are fine.

Profiteering is not.

You know the difference.

And have you seen the balance sheets of some of those 'non-profit' hospitals?  Midas would blush.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Profits are bad...

Profits are fine.

Profiteering is not.

You know the difference.

And have you seen the balance sheets of some of those 'non-profit' hospitals?  Midas would blush.

Come on stop playing matty. Dems hate people that make big money. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Our healthcare system was the best in the world, It just needed some tweaking not a complete overhaul. The ACA is a peice of garbage that should be thrown out. I like some of the provisions but as a whole it sucks. I suppose when the time comes and the true cost of the ACA really shows it will be the usual default action. Blame the GOP.

No, it really wasn't...especially not in terms of access or value.  It's much more expensive, much less efficient and anti-consumer than comparable systems, by far.

And it makes no sense at all to throw out good provisions with the bad.  But if you want to debate the finer points of the law and define your terms, then have at it.

I'm no fan, either, but it's the best our equally broken legislature can muster to this point.  It doesn't go far enough in addressing the systemic, practical deficiencies.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

No, it really wasn't...especially not in terms of access or value.  It's much more expensive, much less efficient and anti-consumer than comparable systems, by far.

And it makes no sense at all to throw out good provisions with the bad.  But if you want to debate the finer points of the law and define your terms, then have at it.

I'm no fan, either, but it's the best our equally broken legislature can muster to this point.  It doesn't go far enough in addressing the systemic, practical deficiencies.  

Ok Matty.. Thats why people from other countries came HERE for medical help... Cuz it wasnt the best in the world. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Profits are bad...

Profits are fine.

Profiteering is not.

You know the difference.

Come on stop playing matty. Dems hate people that make big money. 

I'm not a dem; I just play one on the inter-tubes.  Nice guess, though.

I hate those who put profits above people, and that's what our health care system has wrought.

I have nothing against earned wealth.  It's not at all clear that's what this is.  It's price gouging.