14 stabbed at college in Texas. Will the victims familes be flown to Washington to support banning knives??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

14 stabbed at college in Texas. Will the victims familes be flown to Washington to support banning knives??

Me thinks no that it will not even be mentioned because it has no political value!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/14-people-stabbed-lone-star-community-college-texas/story?id=18915596

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: 14 stabbed at college in Texas. Will the victims familes be flown to Washington to support banning knives??

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Thank you, thank you.

I was so tempted to post this article and say "queue conservative jeers that we should ban knives." But then, of course, none would say it.

Flippin idiot, and then some. Clue: Nobody said any of the gun control legislation being discussed would completely stop gun violence, neither did they say anything that could be used to hurt a human being should be banned.

That you keep tilting at the same straw men speaks volumes.

That you are an idiot who blames inanimate objects for peoples behavior speaks volumes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: 14 stabbed at college in Texas. Will the victims familes be flown to Washington to support banning knives??

In response to tvoter's comment:

That you are an idiot who blames inanimate objects for peoples behavior speaks volumes!

Except that nobody really thinks that.

You only imagine they do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Some people are way too literal...

...when they really should be more literate.

Difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

you are an idiot who blames inanimate objects for peoples behavior

Oh. I see. Lie about what I have said in the past. That'll fool people.

You support restricting peoples freedom and access to guns due to individual behaviors where a person takes a gun and uses it as it is not intended. That is not a lie and that is blaming the inanimate object for behavior!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Difference.

Truth hurts baby!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Me thinks no that it will not even be mentioned because it has no political value!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/14-people-stabbed-lone-star-community-college-texas/story?id=18915596

Why didn't you say anything about a discussion in this country about the treatment of the mentally ill instead of belittling the victims of Sandy Hook and the stabbing  ?

You have as much class as Republican Sen James Inhole who said today to the families of the Newtown Massacre Viticms that the gun debate that is going on in D.C. has nothing to do with them . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Difference.

Truth hurts baby!

Let me know when you get to the "truth" bit, eh...?

Surely, the clouds will part...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Why didn't you say anything about a discussion in this country about the treatment of the mentally ill instead of belittling the victims of Sandy Hook  ?

You have as much class as Republican Sen James Inhole who said today to the families of the Newtown Massacre Viticms that the gun debate that is going on in D.C. has nothing to do with them . 

How am I belittling them?

Inhole is right and Obama shouldnt be parading them (using them) around Washington and the media

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Someone would have to beat you over the head with it because you rarely understand it or accept it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

We need to arm teachers with guns and knives! If more people carried knives there would be fewer knifings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Someone would have to beat you over the head with it because you rarely understand it or accept it.

As long as they don't shoot me with it, right...?

You lecturing me about truth is like a virgin lecturing about great sex.  Credibility is severely lacking....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You were part of the threads when I expressed my views and my reasons for them in many paragraphs, as to many different proposals. You are lying. 

Let me make it easy for you.

Do you suport restricting peoples access to certain guns or guns in general due to (all or in part) the actions of a few people who used them to hurt mass people?

Yes or no?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

To the OP...

...it's quite likely that if this perpetrator had a gun instead of a knife, then some of those 14 wounded people would probably be dead right now.

And isn't this in Texas?  Gun Paradise??  Where is a fake cowboy when you need one...?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Why didn't you say anything about a discussion in this country about the treatment of the mentally ill instead of belittling the victims of Sandy Hook  ?

How am I belittling them?

Inhole is right and Obama shouldnt be parading them (using them) around Washington and the media

Tvoter you must be a gun lover ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

If it was an assault knife, then it should be banned

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The same rhetoric about "hypocrisy", over and over..welcome back, angryman. Using the term  "ideological acolytes" is classier than "wacko wingnuts", kudos.

"The cognitive dissonance from such ideological acolytes boggles the mind"----A Concerned Citizen

"The cognitive dissonance from such wacko wingnuts boggles the mind"-- "Angryman"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

How many people died in this attack? How many parents had to go identify the bodies of their 6 or 7 year old that was riddled with bullets? You cannot even begin to compare the two things..yet still someone tries. Why? I guess because some feel their second amendment rights come before the rights of everyone else. I guess some people have no problem with mentally ill people having access to assault style weapons.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Let me make it easier for you: Go reread the threads if you genuinely cannot remember my positions on various gun proposals.

Ok thanks for admitting you are full of shlt.

Now slime away

Never question WDYWN....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

THE POINT OF THE THREAD:

To illustrate that mass murder is done by people with mental illness!

To try and say "if, we take the right to have certain guns away or outlaw buying them from law abiding citizens then mentally ill people will no longer be a threat" is assinine!!

There are many ways to commit mass murder with being near a gun, assault rifle, or knife!

Address the problem not just the inanimate object used for political reasons!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

THE POINT OF THE THREAD:

To try and say "if, we take the right to have certain guns away or outlaw buying them from law abiding citizens then mentally ill people will no longer be a threat" is assinine!!

There are many ways to commit mass murder with being near a gun, assault rifle, or knife!

Ban on assault weapons

The Federal Assault Weapons ban, a provision of anti-crime legislation President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1994, outlawed military style semiautomatic weapons that fire one round per trigger pull and automatically eject the shell casing and reload the chamber.

In addition to these weapons, the ban also limited semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic pistols and semiautomatic shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least two military style features.

Congress allowed the prohibition to expire in 2004.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein said in December that she wouldintroduce a bill to ban assault weapons.

Did it work?: Two studies point to too little evidence or too little time having passed to calculate the impact of the ban.

A provision in the 1994 law required the attorney general to deliver a report to Congress within 30 months of the ban evaluating its effects.

The summary of that report, conducted by the National Institute of Justice, said that "the public safety benefits of the 1994 ban have not been demonstrated."

The authors of the study suggested further tests of enforcement techniques, including "strategic crackdowns on 'hotspots' for gun crime and strategic crackdowns on perpetrators of gun violence. The authors suggested these techniques might be "more immediately effective, and certainly less controversial, than regulatory approaches alone."

A June 2004 University of Pennsylvania study found that the ban succeeded in reducing crimes involving assault weapons. But the benefits at the time were outweighed by increased use of non-semiautomatic weapons, which the study said were used more frequently in crime. The researchers could not credit the ban with a drop in overall gun violence over the same period.

The study did point out that since assault weapons were used no more than "8% of gun crimes, even before the ban," its impact was likely too small to reliably measure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

THE POINT OF THE THREAD:

Here's the problem with this statement. People were stabbed, but nobody was murdered therefore you litterally have no point at all. But please continue to dig a hole.