67 Republicans in the House turned their back on their fellow Americans.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

67 Republicans in the House turned their back on their fellow Americans.

They voted against Federal money to pay for flood insurance claims due to Hurricane Sandy. Those are the same dogs who will come running with their hands out when a natural disaster hits their Red states.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: 67 Republicans in the House turned their back on their fellow Americans.

"Leave disaster relief to the private sector", they say.

Sure.

Wal-Mart, the nation's largest employer and richest corporation, donated $25 million. 

That's nice and all, but it's only a fraction of the estimated $50B needed to rebuild.

If it were left to the private sector, the affected families would never recover.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I have to say...as unpopular as this opinion may be among my more liberal friends..I don't think that disaster relief bills should be loaded with pork. They should be targeted packages designed to help the people and businesses directly affected.  Understanding that the people affected need the help now and not weeks or months from now..I may have voted for it anyhow...I don't know..but I hate that politician complicate these things and never miss an opportunity to benefit from any disaster.

That being said..the GOP has a majority in the House..and they have had plenty of time to craft a bill. It should have been the first order of business in the weeks after Sandy. We should not be sitting here months after the fact debating relief bills.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They voted against Federal money to pay for flood insurance claims due to Hurricane Sandy. Those are the same dogs who will come running with their hands out when a natural disaster hits their Red states.

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year!

Read the bill Sis..............it was LOADED with pork.  Billions were/are going to things like "wildlife in Alaska" and "roof repairs to the Smithsonian".  As a person that gave to Sandy relief at a time when my family could not afford it, I`m appalled that the Democratically controlled Senate would load a much needed Sandy relief bill with millions and billions for things like automobiles for Homeland Security.

Read the bill when you get a chance.

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that I should read about the Pork that was heading to the Red States of Alabama, Mississippi,Louisanna and Texas ?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They hate America.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

You guys are defending the wrong vote - there's a second $60 billion bill being drafted that does include pork, but there is zero pork in the 9.7 billion flood insurance bill.   But still, 67 Republicans voted against it.  Including Paul Ryan.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don`t get the "89" thing.............am I missing something?

[/QUOTE]

89 represents the smell of bipartisanship - many call it sausage - aka the first fiscal cliff deal. 

Or the smell of cordite - a shot across the bow of the pure republicans in the House. 

Together, perhaps a lesson as to what works and always has - see "Lincoln". 

And so a signal as to what probably will with the Sandy relief legislation - from 89 senators of both parties. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The key:

Ideological principle often stops at the border of their states and districts.  Cases in point.

jmel, you've had the tough duty all weekend, and you've swung the shillelagh valiantly against all comers, but this is the reason your politicians have left the foot soldiers high and dry.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Yet when can you remember such bipartisanship, verging on unanimity, coming out of the Senate?  Principles there work as long as they work to serve a purpose.  They left you and their and your principles behind in the end.

(Reminds one of the loyal opposition's - make that The Republican Establishment's - ultimate nominee for president.)

25. This post has been removed.