And now the pressing issue of the day: Food Wars.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: And now the pressing issue of the day: Food Wars.

"-Coke beats out Pepsi 43/35 in the soft drink wars, drawing support from both Republicans (47/33) and Democrats (44/37)."

PROOF, proof, I tell you, that the Republicans and the democrats are in cahoots to destroy American culture.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

"-Coke beats out Pepsi 43/35 in the soft drink wars, drawing support from both Republicans (47/33) and Democrats (44/37)."

PROOF, proof, I tell you, that the Republicans and the democrats are in cahoots to destroy American culture.

Ew.  Pepsi is like malted battery acid.

Rumor has it that libertarians prefer Dr. Pepper, which means they'll never, ever be president.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

One of my personal favs from the survey:

And while Republicans narrowly believe that Olive Garden constitutes 'a quality source of authentic ethnic food' (43/41), Democrats (41/44) think it does not.

The belief that the Olive Garden constitutes anything resembling quality, authentic Italian isn't a matter of political belief..it's just a matter of bad taste :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

What's the use of soda when there's beer?

Or wine?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Rumor has it that Libertarians don't believe in breakfast because it's not in the Constitution.

Rumor has it liberals believe the 14th Amendment mandates Mountain Dew as an equality option when pollsters  ask about beverage preferences.

Yes, the "Dew process clause" ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I guess I must be an independent according to that list.

Don't care for bagels but I do like croissants and donuts.

I'd go to Burger King for a chicken sandwich any day over KFC or anyone else.

Nothing wrong with vegans but don't complain if I get the burger whilst you get the salad.

You got me on the diet soda, though. I got used to it a long time ago and it stuck.

Never been to an Olive Garden. Not my kind of place.

I prefer Pepsi over Coke.

I work nights so my breakfast is your late night dinner ^_^.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

One of my personal favs from the survey:

And while Republicans narrowly believe that Olive Garden constitutes 'a quality source of authentic ethnic food' (43/41), Democrats (41/44) think it does not.

The belief that the Olive Garden constitutes anything resembling quality, authentic Italian isn't a matter of political belief..it's just a matter of bad taste :-)

Mia familia exclusio para fortunado la costo Della imo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well of course, I love a good red.

But as for carbonated beverages...eh...  I gave up soda long ago.

I never cared for carbonated beverages in the first place.What is the point of drinking well..chemicals?  Ginger ale perhaps for an upset stomach...but then I discovered that Ginger tea worked better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well of course, I love a good red.

But as for carbonated beverages...eh...  I gave up soda long ago.

I never cared for carbonated beverages in the first place.What is the point of drinking well..chemicals?  Ginger ale perhaps for an upset stomach...but then I discovered that Ginger tea worked better.

Relatedly, a study just came out with more or less the same level of proof as the 60s study linking cigarettes to cancer.

It links sugar - not obesity - to diabetes.

Sodas bad. Fruit juices bad.

I feel rather affirmed that my decision to not drink anything with calories other than milk and booze-related products also reduces a risk of diabetes.

(And this ignores the effect of sugar and similarly easily processed carbs on insulin and appetite).

Haha..funny. I have the same basic philosophy when it comes to drinking calories. I drink mostly water anyhow..with the occasional glass of milk or glass of wine.

The study results you reference make sense.  Even lacking scientific knowledge..it makes sense that our bodies are only designed to process so much of any substance..including sugar.

As far as the ever increasing rate of diabetes in this country..I am of the opinion that if people simply educated themselves about what is in the food they eat..they'd be much healthier. A few years ago..I read a book that I credit with changing my whole attitude about food. It's called In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.

If only people realized how much sugar ( in various forms such as high fructose corn syrup) and other unhealthy stuff was in prepared food..they would work to eliminate it from their lives...at least on a regular basis.