any speculation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Re: any speculation?

In Response to Re: any speculation?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : No, inattention to warning signs allowed the attack to happen.  Apparently many of Hasan's peers raised issues that were clearly ignored, which seems to be an issue in the military chain of command.  As an example, sexual misconduct within the service branches and its academies took an incredible amount of time to deal with, are you suggesting that sexual harrassment and in some instances rape were also overlooked because of political correctness?  A number of soldiers that have been deployed to Iraq and Afganistan have committed suicide and some cases killed their spouses upon returning home.  Many feel the military response to these incidents have been inadequate.  Would you, again, suggest that political correctness played a part in that phenomenon as well?  It would seem to me that in era of stop loss orders and lowering standards to meet recruiting numbers that the military simply dropped the ball as they have in numerous other instances which have adversely affected the lives of service members.  It is easy to blame a bogeyman concept like political correctness but its obvious (to me at least) that you are ignoring very real and systemic issues within the military itself for critical failures in policy making. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

Soooo you are blaming the army? and not the prevailing cultural 'over sensitivity' touted by the Democrats? 
    Are you also in denial that this was a terrorist act?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Obammy plays the card..
    "It may be hard to comprehend the twisted logic that led to this tragedy. But this much we do know -- no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts, no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world, and the next," Obama said.  

He speaks of a killer and NOT an enemy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : No, inattention to warning signs allowed the attack to happen.  Apparently many of Hasan's peers raised issues that were clearly ignored, which seems to be an issue in the military chain of command.  As an example, sexual misconduct within the service branches and its academies took an incredible amount of time to deal with, are you suggesting that sexual harrassment and in some instances rape were also overlooked because of political correctness?  A number of soldiers that have been deployed to Iraq and Afganistan have committed suicide and some cases killed their spouses upon returning home.  Many feel the military response to these incidents have been inadequate.  Would you, again, suggest that political correctness played a part in that phenomenon as well?  It would seem to me that in era of stop loss orders and lowering standards to meet recruiting numbers that the military simply dropped the ball as they have in numerous other instances which have adversely affected the lives of service members.  It is easy to blame a bogeyman concept like political correctness but its obvious (to me at least) that you are ignoring very real and systemic issues within the military itself for critical failures in policy making. 

"As an example, sexual misconduct within the service branches and its academies took an incredible amount of time to deal with, are you suggesting that sexual harrassment and in some instances rape were also overlooked because of political correctness?"

No. I would guess it was overlooked because they were hoping to keep it hush hush to avoid a "black eye"...obviously didn't work.

"A number of soldiers that have been deployed to Iraq and Afganistan have committed suicide and some cases killed their spouses upon returning home. Many feel the military response to these incidents have been inadequate.  Would you, again, suggest that political correctness played a part in that phenomenon as well?"

No. I would guess trying to avoid bad press. Military has taken a lot of hits over this decade. I'm sure they are trying to keep anything negative under wraps if possible. This isn't to say I think it's right. Just trying to give my two cents on why I think they do what they do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

I couldn't agree with you more.

Leaving racial profiling and PC aside, this guy displayed many signals that he wasn't military material.  So rather than investigate him or get HIM counseling, they deployed him to Afghanistan.  That was either a stupid move, or a well thought out move to taunt him into doing something crazy.  They need another "boogey man" to justify their creepy wars over nothing.

I KNOW they will use this as another reason to increase surveillance on American citizens.  How convenient for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Political correctness permitted this attack to happen.
    Posted by TeddyffromNH[/QUOTE]

Teddy is onto the truth.  If we were far more rude... better yet, if we embraced out and out racism this event would never have happened because the officer (and the rest of his ilk) would have been safely interned in a camp some place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : Teddy is onto the truth.  If we were far more rude... better yet, if we embraced out and out racism this event would never have happened because the officer (and the rest of his ilk) would have been safely interned in a camp some place.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

The guy was a froggin' MAJOR.  I just can't believe that the military wasn't paying any attention to his signs of discontent.  Leave race, religion and PC out of it and it's obvious they were setting him up to do something stupid.  I'm losing all faith in military intelligence.  I think they are using their smarts to try and out-smart us.

And I, for one, am not that stupid.  This does NOT give me more approval of the Patriot Act, military intrusion, or first strike agression.  Watch what they do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND HAVING A GENERAL WORRY MORE ABOUT THE FABRIC OF DIVERSITY BEING SHATTERED OVER DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIERS - 25% of the blame

CIA AND OTHER AGENCIES KNOWING THAT HE WAS EMAILING A RADICAL, ISLAMIC IMAM WITH TIES TO  AL-QUEDA AND DOING NOTHING TO QUESTION HIM / REMOVE HIM FROM HIS JOB - 25% of the blame

THE SOLDIERS AND OTHER MEDICAL PEOPLE HE WORKED WITH NOT DOING ANYTHING STRONGER THEN TELLING SUPERIORS ABOUT HIS STRANGE, SCARY AND FRIGHTNING REPORT HE GAVE ONE DAY IN A CLASSROOM ABOUT MUSLIMS IN THE MILITARY AND SAYING THAT HE WANTED TO CHOP OFF EVERYONES NECKS AND POUR HOT OIL DOWN THIER THROATS (according to a soldier/medical colleague who was in the class). HOW THE (curse word) DID HASAN NOT GET THROWN OUT OF THE MILITARY OR MAJORLY BEAT UP FOR SUCH INFLAMITARY COMMENTS? - 25% of the blame.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA FOR WEAKENING THE LAWS OF INTERROGATION AND JUST BEING A DUMBAZZ(there is the rumor that Hasan isn't talking and outright refuses to talk when information is trying to be forced out of him) - 25% of the blame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Is he a Muslim Terrorist????

If it looks like a duck
    Sounds like a duck
    Quack likes a duck....

Oh wait - Chris Matthews says he was stressed and that it is not against the law to call Al qadea and he was a victim. Hardball huh Chris??? Your as soft as a grapefruit!

Go back to writing speeches for Jimma Carter. That worked out well....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA FOR WEAKENING THE LAWS OF INTERROGATION AND JUST BEING A DUMBAZZ(there is the rumor that Hasan isn't talking and outright refuses to talk when information is trying to be forced out of him) - 25% of the blame.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You're trying to turn this into your war on Liberals again. (Why be so obsessed with hating half of America?)  I don't think water-boarding Hasan would have helped anything, so the weakening of torture techniques is a non issue.

I agree with you on everything else.  It's just not a partisan issue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

He was not booted out of the army because of political correctness. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : Teddy is onto the truth.  If we were far more rude... better yet, if we embraced out and out racism this event would never have happened because the officer (and the rest of his ilk) would have been safely interned in a camp some place.

If General Casey was more concerned with the safety of his troops, and not the diversity of his army, this terrorist would have been dishonorably discharged, and possibly imprisoned before this was allowed to happen. 

Dont try to put words in my mouth-  the time honored tradition of left wingers like yourself claiming racism is old and tired. 

And BTW, your're hero, FDR did use internment camps. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Do you question whether or not it is a crime to contact al queda?  NBC doesnt think so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

[QUOTE]PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA FOR WEAKENING THE LAWS OF INTERROGATION AND JUST BEING A DUMBAZZ(there is the rumor that Hasan isn't talking and outright refuses to talk when information is trying to be forced out of him) - 25% of the blame. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- You're trying to turn this into your war on Liberals again. (Why be so obsessed with hating half of America?)  I don't think water-boarding Hasan would have helped anything, so the weakening of torture techniques is a non issue. I agree with you on everything else.  It's just not a partisan issue.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

Actually, 20% of Americans are misguided citizens (liberals).  Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : The guy was a froggin' MAJOR.  I just can't believe that the military wasn't paying any attention to his signs of discontent.  Leave race, religion and PC out of it and it's obvious they were setting him up to do something stupid.  I'm losing all faith in military intelligence.  I think they are using their smarts to try and out-smart us. And I, for one, am not that stupid.  This does NOT give me more approval of the Patriot Act, military intrusion, or first strike agression.  Watch what they do with it.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

Do you typically lose faith in things based on one incident?