Border Fence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Border Fence

As the immigration debate/bill continues, the issue of building a fence along the border seems to have yet again been shot down.

I don't understand the logic of the progressives.  They can get their much desired amnesty, all they have to do is approve a nice economic stimulus effort, continuing the fence for another 350 miles.

I am left wondering, why is the left so opposed to protecting our borders?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Border Fence

No fence will keep a determined immigrant out.  They go over it and under it.  And apparantly they go thru it with acetylene torches and snippers too.  There have been thousands of fence breaches that have needed repair already.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It doesnt need to be a physical fence. More border patrol agents, more electronic survelliance equipment, and more ground and air patrol vehicles.

Right now we have survelliance and few agents in trucks for about every 60 miles or border; even when they see them, many times they cannot react fast enough to catch them.

The coyotes and drug smugglers will send groups and when spotted they all split up and the coyotes/smugglers only need a few to get through to make money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

No fence will keep a determined immigrant out.  They go over it and under it.  And apparantly they go thru it with acetylene torches and snippers too.  There have been thousands of fence breaches that have needed repair already.

Not True.  the double fence in California has moved much of the border crossing further East towards Arizona.

But, I can see why you didn't excel in school.  Why do the right thing when the wrong thing is so much easier?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Clearly we should just nuke Mexico.

Insightful.  As always.

The problem is just too hard to solve.  Just give in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Not True.  the double fence in California has moved much of the border crossing further East towards Arizona.

But, I can see why you didn't excel in school.  Why do the right thing when the wrong thing is so much easier?

This article is 4 years old, and the number of breaches in the fence needing repair was over 3300 back then.  Imagine how many its up to now.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2009/0919/p02s09-usgn.html

There are also several videos online showing people using car-jacks to lift the fence so people and drugs can go under. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Progressives claim they oppose a border fence because it would be ineffective; actually they oppose it because it would be effective...

"No fence will keep a determined immigrant out. " Many East Berliners would have a big laugh about that statement.  If you build a high enough wall, it will keep people out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Progressives claim they oppose a border fence because it would be ineffective; actually they oppose it because it would be effective...

Wouldn't deportations be down under this administration if that were true?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Once again...ok for a55hat to be snide...got it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Wouldn't deportations be down under this administration if that were true?

Deportations are down...The Obama Adminstration lied about this issue

National Review:

"It is one of the Obama administration’s favorite talking points on immigration: It has been deporting illegal immigrants in record numbers. That bolsters its credentials on enforcement and supports the argument that, now that we’ve gotten tough on the border, it is time to enact comprehensive immigration reform."

"But figures recently unearthed by a federal lawsuit in Texas cast serious doubt on the administration’s deportation claims. The number of deportations appears to have declined significantly during the president’s term in office."

HotAir:

"This latest “fun with math” on the administration’s part artificially inflates the number of deportations by counting individuals “removed” from U.S. soil through the Alien Transfer Exit Program (ATEP). ATEP is a program that moves apprehended illegal immigrants to another point along the border, sometimes as much as a thousand miles from where they crossed. The object is to discourage deportees from instantly re-trying a border crossing. The measure is also designed to create a hardship for them that will serve as a deterrent to them and others contemplating sneaking across the border.

Of the administration latest ploy, Smith said in a statement:

It is dishonest to count illegal immigrants apprehended by the Border Patrol along the border as ICE removals. And these ‘removals’ from the Border Patrol program do not subject the illegal immigrant to any penalties or bars for returning to the U.S. This means a single illegal immigrant can show up at the border and be removed numerous times in a single year—and counted each time as a removal.

The DC goes on to note that given this new information, the committee’s Republican majority subtracted the ATEP removals from ICE’s deportation totals. The result is that the estimated 397,000 deportations for 2011 becomes approximately 360,000, and the 2012 removals to date drop from about 334,000 to an estimated 263,000."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

LOL, what a pvssy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

A border fence is just one portion of a complete effort to enforce our immigration laws. To say we don't need one because it can't stop everyone is really just another way of saying not to enforce immigration laws.

Our immigration policy is not about citizenship, it's about controlling wages. For the life of me I cannot understand why progressives can't see that. They should be all for strict enforcement of immigration laws that would ultimately mean higher wages for a wide range of workers. That means putting employers of illegals IN JAIL. 

Could it be they are more interested in political power than in living up to their words?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, what a pvssy

[/QUOTE] 

Thanks, it's been a while. Was wondering when you'd flash that gem.

[/QUOTE]

lol are you going to just nuke me now?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Show me a 12-foot fence...

...and I'll show you a 13-foot ladder.

Next they'll be calling for another fence on our picturesque northern border....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You actually kinda proved Users point. Granted, he said that illegals will go over or under said wall, but you ,in your wisdom, pointed out that they will go around it. I suspect you didn't excel in geography.

But I'll humor you. Which would be cheaper? Building and maintaining such a wall? Or simply make it illegal to hire illegals?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

A physical fence is a farce in that it will be expensive and would be termporary at best at slowing trafficking and smuggling.

We need border agents, vehicles, air support, and electronic survelliance at about 50 times what it is right now from California to the gulf of Mexico!

My issue is not with those coming here for a better life for themselves and their families; my issue is with the human trafficking that brings peasants from Mexico, central and south america mostly women and childen to the USA and forces them to work under horrible conditions or forces them into prostitution.

My issue is also with the smugglers who force teens and women to cart heavy sacks of pot and other drugs across the border with the promise of freedom only to fine they are forced into low paying labor and/or prostitution.

Its not US citizens that are doing this (although they do take part in the trade once here) it is mexican/south american cartels that run the show.

It's not about migrant workers or honest people; that is the distraction to divert our attention from the heinous slave trade still going on in the USA!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisabethmeinecke/2013/05/09/crimes-in-your-own-backyard-shocking-human-trafficking-statistics-n1590958

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Its not US citizens that are doing this (although they do take part in the trade once here) it is mexican/south american cartels that run the show.

Without the market, there is no commerce.

Make no mistake.  The ONLY reason drugs are big business in Mexico is because they are a HUGE business in the States.  (Also where legal, prescription drugs are additionally a multi-billion dollar per year business.)

This isn't even a question any more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Make no mistake.  The ONLY reason drugs are big business in Mexico is because they are a HUGE business in the States.  (Also where legal, prescription drugs are additionally a multi-billion dollar per year business.)

I agree; however, the bigger issue to me is the human trafficking which is the epidemic slavery we practically ignore that is taking place daily on our southern border!

That is the real crime against humanity. It is a problem that is mentioned here and there but, our govt does nothing to stop it. There is way more taxpayer money and alot harsher penalties given to drug trafficking than for human trafficing and selling young children through prostitution in the USA!

There are as many people in some form of slavery today than at any time in our history

http://www.polarisproject.org/human-trafficking/overview/the-victims?gclid=CKHX9bL18LcCFcc-MgodA0oAyg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I agree; however, the bigger issue to me is the human trafficking which is the epidemic slavery we practically ignore that is taking place daily on our southern border!

That is the real crime against humanity. It is a problem that is mentioned here and there but, our govt does nothing to stop it. There is way more taxpayer money and alot harsher penalties given to drug trafficking than for human trafficing and selling young children through prostitution in the USA!

There are as many people in some form of slavery today than at any time in our history

http://www.polarisproject.org/human-trafficking/overview/the-victims?gclid=CKHX9bL18LcCFcc-MgodA0oAyg

Agreed the priorities on these two crimes are totally out-of-whack.

Reporter Philip Martin did an extensive expose on this issue for WGBH/NPR a few months ago.  Extremely well-written and researched.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Wait wait wait.

Opposing human trafficking is certaintly the right thing to do, but should I really take this that you are abandoning any past claims that illegal immigrants:

- Take our jobs (and that's why we should fight it)

- Take government benefits (and that's why we should fight it)

Etc?

lol, I do not believe that someone who did not follow the immigrations process but, broke the law to come here should be given any benefits!

I also believe the human trafficking and slavery issue is much worse and almost completely ignored!

Most of the talk about slavery in the USA today is as if, it has ended or is part of history when the reality is it is worse today and growing at an epidemic rate today

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

But that wasn't the question. The question was - unless I misunderstood your prior posts - do you still see that sort of thing (jobs and benefits) as a reason to fight illegal immigration on the border.

Because I thought I recalled you arguing for border security for those ends as well...not just human trafficking. 

Because if you do my response is: That's silly due to inefficiency. If your problem is jobs and tangentially benefits, the far more effective (and cheaper) approach is to seriously investigate and go after employers. Cut off the ability to get a job easily, and they won't come here for the jobs.

ugh, I believe immigrants coming here illegally are criminals and should not be allowed to work. I think employers should recieve heavy fines for employing them as well.

I agree with emergency care.

I also believe the human trafficking and slavery issue is much worse and almost completely ignored!

Most of the talk about slavery in the USA today is as if, it has ended or is part of history when the reality is it is worse today and growing at an epidemic rate today

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Insightful.  As always.

The problem is just too hard to solve.  Just give in.

[/QUOTE]

If you want serious responses, stop giving us tired second-hand rants. Start a new BDC name and post intelligently. Research.

And put that beer down. It's not even noon!

[/QUOTE]

Not a rant.  A serious question.

i know it is hard for you, but, hang in there.