Breaking News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Breaking News

House GOP members agree to drop their hard line stance on the debt ceiling and extend the debt limit another 3 months.  This agreement came at a GOP retreat focused on fixing their damaged brand. Defininitely better choice then tanking the global economy. Good for them!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Breaking News

In response to NO MO O's comment:

That is good news yet..

HOW MANY MORE TIMES CAN WE KICK THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD.

I HOPE THIS IS ABOUT THE COUNTRY AND NOT THEIR BRAND.

WE HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM.

It is not kicking the can down the road. GOP already agreed to this spending. They have obligation to not default on it. Listen - the Congress is responsible for spending and appropriating. They need to get their own house in order and come to bi partisan agreement instead of bickering with Obama.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

That is good news yet..

Actually, we have a revenue problem AND a spending problem, but thanks for seeing only half of the picture.......I hope your eye-patch comes off soon.

Revenue as % of GDP has been in the 15% range the last four years, as opposed to being in the 18 - 20 % range for about 70 straight years before that.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=205

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

That is good news yet..

Actually, we have a revenue problem AND a spending problem, but thanks for seeing only half of the picture.......I hope your eye-patch comes off soon.

Revenue as % of GDP has been in the 15% range the last four years, as opposed to being in the 18 - 20 % range for about 70 straight years before that.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=205

Thanks captain obvious, revenue is down because employment is down, add jobs, add revenues.

Are this fvcking stupid in real life?  Or just on these boards.......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

They just took more money from all legally employed people for revenue; when do they start cutting...........if dems have their way NEVER

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to cookie-rojas's comment:

Thanks captain obvious, revenue is down because employment is down, add jobs, add revenues.

Are this fvcking stupid in real life?  Or just on these boards.......

Thats one reason Kookie.  The revenue collapse is also due to:

1. low taxes on the rich, particularly on dividends and capital gains

2. low taxes on corporations due to loophole gifts in the tax code

3. The feudal wages paid to a majority of Americans who make so little money that they don't even qualify for income tax payments.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Pic of the Moment

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Smart move by the GOP - Krauthammer wrote an editorial suggesting this exact move yesterday.  Was he at the retreat?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-a-new-strategy-for-the-gop/2013/01/17/e751be18-60d3-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

For me..this falls under the category of "I'll believe it when I see it".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

That is good news yet..

The republicans had no problem with "kicking the can down the road" while W was in office. But now they just can't do it. Who was it that said deficits didn't matter? Wasn't that Darth Vader Cheney while he was VP?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

House GOP members agree to drop their hard line stance on the debt ceiling and extend the debt limit another 3 months.  This agreement came at a GOP retreat focused on fixing their damaged brand. Defininitely better choice then tanking the global economy. Good for them!

Breaking news, or breaking wind?

The credit card is tapped.  Did you not read what the GAO said yesterday about this?

http://www.gao.gov/press/financial_report_2013jan17.htm

This is not a left/right thing, it is warning from government itself that the spending path we are on is unsustainable and counterproductive. We ALL need to heed this warning, or the dollar will collapse and your public pension just like my retirement accounts will be nearly worthless.