CBO: Obamacare will end medical coverage for 7 million working Americans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: CBO: Obamacare will end medical coverage for 7 million working Americans!

In response to jmel's comment:

Wow!  Are you delusional?

Is this why everyone from the "civilized nations" come here with their family fortunes to have the life of a family member saved by the finest doctors and hospitals in the world?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

If the US had true socialized medicine like civilized nations do, it would free all businesses of the huge cost of employee healthcare and the management burden of healthcare currently weighing them down.

It would lead to a healthier employer/business climate and a freer, more mobile employee workplace as employees wouldn't be hanging on to dead-end and disliked jobs simply to retain health insurance.

The Republicans are stifling business by opposing socialized healthcare and opposing the less socialized ACA (Obamacare).

The GOP is upside down with reality, as usual.

Yup yup ... The canadians are THRILLED with their version.... NOT !

My cousin waited 2 months just to see a doctor.

I could see mine this afternoon.

When are you going to send me my Messiah brown shirt .. comrade ?

But I have a friend who's friend's cousin knows a guy whose secretary lived in Toronto and heard of a woman who overheard a conversation on a bus about a guy who thought someone he knew went to Pittsburgh to have a a broken toe looked at because.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Wow!  Are you delusional?

Is this why everyone from the "civilized nations" come here with their family fortunes to have the life of a family member saved by the finest doctors and hospitals in the world?

Absolute BS!   Where`d you get this chart......Cartoon Network?

I can give 2 real-life examples as I`m in Canada 1 week per month and have been for 20 years.  I have 14 employees in Tor, Ott, Mont, and Vancouver that report directly to me and I`m intimately aware of their pathetic HC and the resulting death from events that would be routine in the states.  

Don't forget the Death Panels.  Canada has those too, right jmel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

They do it because under obamacare costs have skyrocketed 

Not true.

As stated many times, hc costs were skyrocketing well before the ACA was passed.

Since its passage, the rise in costs has slowed considerably in relation to the rest of the economy.

And as always, there are multiple reasons for the pace of cost inflation.  I'm not trying to imply causation where there isn't, and neither should opponents of the ACA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If the most expensive and overvalued - the "best" money can buy - means the "finest", then you may be right.

There's no need to be nationalistic about it.  That "We're #1" obsequiousness will only get you so far....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Not true.

As stated many times, hc costs were skyrocketing well before the ACA was passed.

Since its passage, the rise in costs has slowed considerably in relation to the rest of the economy.

And as always, there are multiple reasons for the pace of cost inflation.  I'm not trying to imply causation where there isn't, and neither should opponents of the ACA.

Say what you will about Obama's policies tanking the private sector economy, it certainly  leads to some great talking points.

The economy tanked, so Obama clones can claim that "tax receipts are at historic lows" AND "the rise in [HEALTH CARE] costs has slowed considerably in relation to the rest of the economy"...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Not true.

Say what you will about Obama's policies tanking the private sector economy, it certainly  leads to some great talking points.

The economy tanked, so Obama clones can claim that "tax receipts are at historic lows" AND "the rise in [HEALTH CARE] costs has slowed considerably in relation to the rest of the economy"...

You mean, the same private sector economy that's showing record profits and tons of cash in their balance sheets..?!  

All so tens of thousands of cops, firefighters and school teachers could get laid off.

Recall that the economy tanked before Obama took office.  Stop making s**t up and saying it's delicious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Two of the nurses who took care of my dad were from Canada. They said we'd be crazy to go to govt run single payor coverage. But what do they know right? I mean clearly they were biased what with not being from the US and all....

Maybe they were biased.  Maybe not.

Not that we're anywhere even close to single-payer, but what was their reasoning...?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

They do it because they want to stay in business and provide and income to employee

Here's the part you are deliberately choosing to omit:

"They do it because they want to stay in business and provide and income to employee without taking any hit themselves."

People are entitled to be greedy under capitalism. That doesn't mean it's wrong to say that they are so.

The owners and high-salaried workers could take hits. Instead, the business chooses to drop coverage. 

Framing it as some absolute necessity is not honest.

You assume the companies are being selfish and greedy!!

Why did they pay to provide the insurance before when they did not have to if, they are so selfish and greedy??

People are entitled to be selfish under any financial system ny friend, capitalism is not different!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Not true.

As stated many times, hc costs were skyrocketing well before the ACA was passed

Never a 30% increase in one year!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Despite what the misleading OP says, the change is actually only 3 million from previous projections.

[QUOTE]

You say "ONLY" 3 million people losing medical insurance?? nice

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If the most expensive and overvalued - the "best" money can buy - means the "finest", then you may be right.

There's no need to be nationalistic about it.  That "We're #1" obsequiousness will only get you so far....

Don`t disagree but, are we not already seeing  a drop in kids headed for medical degrees? Polling suggesting that 80% plus of doctors considering retirement if/when Obamacare kicks in? Medicare assuming reimbursement costs at 50%(historically 85%-100%) to doctors?

All sounds like significantly lower quality of care........no?

No.

The fact is that a large number of routine procedures and maladies don't need full-fledged doctors to get the same result.  Nurses and HPs will be able to accomplish the same results at less cost.  And preventive care means that a doctor can attend to more serious conditions.  Modern medicine is diversifying, but it isn't going anywhere...not with the sheer number of boomers retiring.

Otherwise, I honestly don't know what to make of people not going to medical school because doctors pay isn't good enough?  Say what?  If getting rich is their only motive, then they should find other jobs.  At the same time, biotech is booming, so maybe there is a connection.  (None of my doctors were born in the U.S., btw.)

25. This post has been removed.