Congrats to Obama and his Supporters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

I'm not a happy person at the moment, and I'll have more to say tomorrow. But for tonight I think the only appropriate thing for me to say is.

Congratulations to Barack Obama.

Congratulations to all his campaign staff, they ran a brilliant race.

Congratulations to all his supporters.

Regards,

BobC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Wells that's a very honorable thing to say. Cheer up, the country and especially you will be a lot better off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hornet. Show Hornet's posts

Thanks.

For your honesty as well as your class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from starrion. Show starrion's posts

President-elect (inevitable) Obama ran an excellent campaign. Congrats to his supporters.

Republicans need to look at the past eight years for why this effort failed.

1. Failed to control spending. Small government? Not this administration.

2. Excessive intrusion into people's privacy.

3. Too much giveaways to corporations at the expense of consumers and the nation as a whole.

President Bush will be remembered as one of the worst in memory. He failed to abide by the basic ideals of the Real Republican party and worse he failed to act in the best interests of the country.

If Obama decides to listen to the best advice available and lead to the center like Clinton did, then we may recover from the challenges we all face.

If he instead decides to follow the example of President Bush and lead based on ideology, then this is going to be a wretched four years ahead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

It's nice too see there are still a few people on these boards with class.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

Landslide.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I feel a little bad for people in Alaska. The polls are still open. If ever you might feel as if your vote wouldn't count...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

We can fight another day, I reserve tomorrow and the future to armor up!
    Thanks for today's kind words.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Thank you for your gracious comments. McCain was also gracious. After 8 years of Bush, it will be nice to have a President whose party actually insists on figuring out how to pay for programs. No more blank checks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

[Quote]We can fight another day, I reserve tomorrow and the future to armor up!
    Thanks for today's kind words.[/Quote]

PS911,

Well it is tomorrow technically, though I'm not going to consider it such until after a nights sleep.

It is a good day for the U.S. in a sense we have elected an African-American as our next president. I wish Martin Luther King was alive to see this.

Ok, now off to sleep, and tomorrow I'll put on my armor and we will exchange some ideas and viewpoints.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

We chose Hope over fear as he said so often!
    Congrad's to the best campaign ever run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuantumDelta. Show QuantumDelta's posts

I truly believe Obama will be a great President. In fact, I hope he is the best President that this country and this world has ever seen. I hope he proves every single skeptic out there wrong to the point where Republicans no longer have any basis for their fear-mongering arguments ever again. Fear and lies broke this country and it is time to fix it. Welcome to the 21st century.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KIEE1. Show KIEE1's posts

For all Americans. Now that We have elected a new President , I need to ask who is our leader for the next two and a half months? As it seems clear President Bush no longer wants to lead! This upcoming two and a half months we need leadership. A leader who no longer choses to lead must step down. The current administration no longer wants to lead . We as American must ask him and Vice President dick Cheney should step down . Allow a temporary government to over see transition , stabilize the economy, help with the wars. We as Americans need to appeal to their patriotic values. Not to ego . With the state of our economy we need in office experts . Some names warren Buffet, Gen. NORMAN SHWARZKOPF, Also Condoleezza Rice should go . Any former president would do, All 3 remaining well respected. This his would reassure the stock markets, The banks, the entire country President Bush has chosen not to govern any more . So much more can be lost in two and a half months email all government officials governors and all email our reps lets start now to rebuild our economy!! Please remember President Bush fas chosen not to govern us. , These times are so important. keep Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, But the nation needs help now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkkite. Show jkkite's posts

We are officially: Obama-Biden laden...sounds scarily like something else, doesn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsen. Show Jsen's posts

What's SCARY are people who think like you!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HX. Show HX's posts

I switched the channel last night and thought I was looking at pictures from Lebanon. Then I noticed the caption underneath. It was outside Northeastern University and these were Americans. God Help Us!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I echo Bobc's sentiments. Once PA went to Obama I knew it was not McCain's night, the Bush lodestone was too large to move out of the way. Obama not only successfully tied McCain to Bush, he had the economic free fall of September on his side. But Obama did capture the hopes and dreams of our young and previously disenfranchised and with unmatched new voter registration efforts he turned the tide of politics to his favor, an incredible feat.

Obama now has a huge responsibility to take his new found trust of American's and move this Country dramatically forward. Politics and American's are a fickle lot and it doesn't take much to fall from favor, but I truly wish Obama and his administration much success. Perhaps this truly is a transformatinal time for America as opposed to a perfect storm of politics, we'll know much more about this in two years time. In the meantime, I'll be sitting back and watching over the next few months as this new American journey unfolds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkbaysoend. Show bkbaysoend's posts

I voted for Obama because of his message and his ideas, not because of the color of his skin.. Why does the media label him a black man or african-american. He does not refer to himself that way in respect for his mother and grandmother... We need to get past labels in this country.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

There will always be people like some of you out there who defend the idiocy and the evil of the George Bush administration, but we aren't listening to you. Believe me, he will always be remembered and will go down in history as the worst president we ever had. One who handed our country over to the greedy and the terrorists.

For once in a long time you couldn't scare America into doing what was in its worst interest, you couldn't suppress enough voters, or rig enough voting machines to steal this election. We came together to elect a president and no amount of racial or commie code words could deter the voters from electing a true patriot and leader. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ks9111. Show ks9111's posts

McCain is NOT Bush ( which unfortunately people couldn't see past) and Good GOD Obama is NOT Martin Luther King Jr. Not even close. Do your homework people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpmc53. Show jpmc53's posts

I do think that Congratulations is in order for Obama on his victory. I am not very happy about him winning but it was inevitable. With the perception that Republicans have due to Bush, McCain really didn't have a chance and it shows with the loss of oft-Republican states. I do have three issues with the election though. First is the VP. I find Joe Biden to be a complete moron. He is not a worthwhile candidate. My second problem is the heavy inflow of Democrats in both the Senate and the House. I think that we need a good balance of both parties to be able to run the government successfully but with all branches of government leaning Democrat this won't happen. My final problem I had with the election was the biased view by the media towards Obama. It always seemed that Obama was the second coming of the Messiah. Obama is a human being and is not perfect. McCain was not Bush. Both candidates had good points and I hope that Obama takes a look at some of the points McCain had though. I hope Obama backs away from his tax plan as I am someone that has worked hard for my pay and hope one day to make over $200k. I would hope that I could pay for my children to go to college over having to pay extra taxes for programs that could be reduced instead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from berta531. Show berta531's posts

I'm glad this election is finally over. I congratulate President-elect Obama. Only time will tell if he and the Democrats can turn this country around. I just want a President who really does put America and it's legal people first. It's easy to make all kinds of promises, but now it's time to deliver.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from berta531. Show berta531's posts

[Quote]
    I hope you got a good night's sleep. This comment may sound "racist" and I certainly don't mean it to be. However, Obama's mother was white so to me he isn't a full African America. Does his mother not count only the father that left him?

PS911,

Well it is tomorrow technically, though I'm not going to consider it such until after a nights sleep.

It is a good day for the U.S. in a sense we have elected an African-American as our next president. I wish Martin Luther King was alive to see this.

Ok, now off to sleep, and tomorrow I'll put on my armor and we will exchange some ideas and viewpoints.
    [/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from honestman. Show honestman's posts

LIKAG, In February 1990 he was elected president of the Harvard Law Review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising a staff of eighty editors. So he does have some leadership experience. And if you had checked your facts you might have discovered this yourself. He also ran a brilliant campaign, he knows how to use a computer, etc....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dbracamo. Show Dbracamo's posts

[Quote]what a sad day for america. a man who has never led a department, a company, a committee, a city, or a state is now going to lead a country? i don't think so. not that john mccain was a perfect choice. but contrary to what many think, it wasn't the bush administration that got us where we are, it was the clinton administration.

so sit back, hold on, "enjoy" the ride as this intern learns on the job how to run a multi-trillion dollar company.[/Quote]

please do yourself a favor and go back to school!! it clearly seems you dont know crap about what your saying!!! the clinton administration is responsible for the tragedy this country is going through??? please look back at the things clinton did and fixed for this country!! then along came bush the know it all and got us in the mess we are in now!!! so before you start talking out your *ss take an hour to learn your history buddy!!!