Day 67 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Day 67 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster

It all started with that secret meeting Cheney had with all oil executives. Funny that they won't release the memos from that meeting are they hiding something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

Re: Day 66 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster

Nice try... blaming Bush for I-Bamas lack of action. Not to worry.. it's ONLY the greatest human made eco disaster in all of history.

I know you're capable of better. Surprise me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Have you no shame?
    Is there no limit to the Blame Bush syndrome?

Did Bush blame his predecessor Bill Clinton for Hurricane Katrina?
    What a pathetic joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

was the rig built during the bush admin? yep

was the oil industry de-regulated under bush? yep

what more is there to know?

unless conservatives really think that obama has a swami hat, in which it allows him to look into the future of catastrophies and react before hand

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

Never heard those words before.. "Obama" and .. "react"

You are a real peach.. We do need to look at all industrial equiptment built during clinton reign of terror...

I-Bamas non reaction was no doubt calculated. Pity HE has no concern for this disaster or it's future impacts. HE cares only for.. HIM.

What a POS. (opinion)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Day 66 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster:
    was the rig built during the bush admin? yep was the oil industry de-regulated under bush? yep what more is there to know? unless conservatives really think that obama has a swami hat, in which it allows him to look into the future of catastrophies and react before hand
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

LOL...Were the Dems in charge of congress since 2006? Yup. Did the Dems have control of the White House since 2009? Yup. Did the Dems have the ability to change any de-regulation? Yup, what more is there to know?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Did Cheney rewrite oil regulations~yup
    Did Obama inherit these new regulations~yup
    Did Bush/Cheney create the mismanagement in the MMS~yup
    Did Obama inherit this mismanaged agency~yup

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

You should just go lay down, this is too much for you. Good luck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigm68. Show craigm68's posts

So deregulation makes oil wells under water leak? SO this would mean all of them are leaking, right? Or was this the only one built on the planet during that time frame?

So why hasn't Obama changed anything? If deregulation caused the leak, shouldn't he have started there?

That would seem to obvious.

So by your logic anything built while Obama is president that fails, it's his fault? Good just making sure I understand your logic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Yes deregulation does cause leaks. The industry was using shortcuts and bypassed safety procedures all approved by the MMS that was gutted under Bush/Cheney and that Sec. Salazar was looking into.

This administration can only fix so much in day,with all the damage caused by B/C to America they can't get to everything in time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Spin, spin, spin....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigm68. Show craigm68's posts

"
    Yes deregulation does cause leaks. The industry was using shortcuts and bypassed safety procedures all approved by the MMS that was gutted under Bush/Cheney and that Sec. Salazar was looking into."

So did the industry use shortcuts or did Bush/CHeney gut them, which would mean they were not using shortcuts.

Which is it and why aren't there any others?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Gutting MMS led to the shortcuts and bypassed safety procedures. I believe there are more rigs with similar problems that deepwater had.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I as always blame bush for anything bad that happens, last weekend I hit a golf ball in the words was it my fault no it was Bush.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Gutting MMS led to the shortcuts and bypassed safety procedures. I believe there are more rigs with similar problems that deepwater had.
    Posted by HRK103

Lazy "thinking" on your part. Companies take shortcuts and bypass safety procedures whether there's an agency or not. You are naive to think that this wouldn't have happened if the agency wasn't gutted. Do you really think BP got wind that the agency was gutted and thought great, now's our opportunity to cut corners and risk losing multi-billions. Yeah, that's what we'll do. Let's get this strategy in place and cross our fingers nothing fails.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

With that line of thinking hawk do you feel safe driving your car? riding the subway? airplane? eating that USDA steak? All are regulated by the government.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

With that line of thinking hawk do you feel safe driving your car? riding the subway? airplane? eating that USDA steak? All are regulated by the government.
    Posted by HRK103

And yet cars are faulty (toyota), food gets tainted, airplanes are faulty, subways are faulty. Thanks for proving my point. That was too easy

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

In Response to Re: Day 66 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster : And yet cars are faulty (toyota), food gets tainted, airplanes are faulty, subways are faulty. Thanks for proving my point. That was too easy
    Posted by hawkeye01

And if these agencies were gutted what would happen. The oil industry had problems and the B/C deregulation made it worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Day 66 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster : And if these agencies were gutted what would happen. The oil industry had problems and the B/C deregulation made it worse.
    Posted by HRK103

Nothing more than what already happens. How many oil rigs exist today? How many have had the problem BP is having? Nuff said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigm68. Show craigm68's posts

So let me see, BP was thinking great let's cut corners so we can lose all this money with oil we could be selling.

What a plan I tell you!

I am sure BP saved more money than is spewing into the gulf every minute, don't you? Care to do the math?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

So let me see, BP was thinking great let's cut corners so we can lose all this money with oil we could be selling. What a plan I tell you! I am sure BP saved more money than is spewing into the gulf every minute, don't you? Care to do the math?
    Posted by craigm68

Logic is hard for HRK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

No, BP cut corners "logically" to save time and money on the Deepwater rig. That's usually why this is done, and having an agency that was/is nothing more than a rubber stamp made that corner cutting easier.

But hey if you want to be in Rep. Bartons' and BP's corner by all means have fun with that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Re: Day 67 of Bush/Cheney deregulation oil disaster

Actually, why are we blaming any politician? Honestly, do you really think any president, secretary, congressional committee, etc, couldn't be hoodwinked in a NY minute on so complex a subject? Here's a hint: it was the freakin' greedy b*st*rd oil companies that took chances, and one of their horses died on the track, and its rotting, stinking carcas is going to smell up our lives for decades. If deregulation is to blame, why did it happen?  It happened because the oil companies sold a bill of goods to the government that all those costly rules were unnecessary, anti-business, price-raising overkill.  Congress bought it and we pay... as usual.