Re: Democrat President fighting a Republican Gay Rights Group to keep DADT
posted at 11/15/2010 12:47 PM EST
In Response to Re: Democrat President fighting a Republican Gay Rights Group to keep DADT
[QUOTE]DADT is a DEMOCRAT 's EO. that overruled a DEMOCRAT congress' recodification of THE OUTRIGHT BAN, on gays in the military . Obambi, CAMPAIGNED on its elimination, and a Fed Court gift wrapped it for him. AND HE IS CHALLENGING THE GIFT! Do you realize at all, what the legislative check on the judiciary is? It's Constitutional Amendment, PERIOD! Dems wanna wait for that? - then just come out and say, "Its just not that important" - You lying bunch of pr1cks! You idiots actually think we need the courts to kill DADT, and at the SAME TIME, challenge it WHEN THEY DO! YOU look like idiots YOU. created the need for DADT. YOU, then made DADT law. YOU campaigned on its abolishment, and when handed it, YOU are fighting it in court! YOU. are the hypocritic a55holes.
Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]
My my my. Greg, for someone who usually has a relatively clear grasp of facts and generlaly does not go ballistic, this post takes me aback.
1. Who are you yelling at? Democrats it general? Dirtywaterlover?
2. Anyone who has ever uttered the slightest peep about "activist judges" has NOTHING to say here. (I do not recall your using this term). Any such person who said "activist judge" and says anything to criticize Obama's appeal of the district court's order is a worthless-sack-of-shit. A liar.
3. Anyone who has ever said that DADT should be repealed by the legislative process after the military weighs in, and who criticzes Obama's appeal of the district court ruling, is more or less behaving like a used tampon and should be shot on the spot.
4. DADT is Democrats? Yes. But you conveniently omit the pertinent facts:
a. Before DADT, gays could be investigated for gayness and booted from the military.
b. Congress was not going to repeal the ban on gays serving.
c. Therefore, DADT - preventing the military from investigating, etc., - was the next best thing.
Someone who pretends not to understand that, to quote you, is one of the "hypocritic a55holes.
" You're pretending like the Democrats passed DADT to punish gays. Digusting.
5. Republicans killed legislative repeal of DADT and the federal legislation making gays serving in the military.
All that aside, Obama should drop the appeal. He campaigned on repealing DADT. The military has
had time to weigh in (and many soldiers did so).
He is being unjust and simultaneously making a strategic blunder, in trying to repeal it by legislation and legislation only. Leave the ruling in place.
Make a list of any Republicans in government who support the ruling, and wait until they whine about "activist judges" in some other respect, point out their reeking hypocrisy.