Father of Newtown Victim Heckled by Gun Nuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Father of Newtown Victim Heckled by Gun Nuts

Father of Newtown Victim Heckled at Hearing

The sometimes boisterous public hearing -- after nearly four hours of testimony from State Police, parents of slain Newtown first-graders and city mayors -- seemed dominated by gun owners, who railed at more than 90 proposed bills.

"The Second Amendment!" was shouted a couple of times by as many as a dozen gun enthusiasts in the meeting room as Neil Heslin, holding a photo of his slain 6-year-old son, Jesse Lewis, asked why Bushmaster assault-style weapons are allowed to be sold in the state. "There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened," said Heslin, who said he grew up using guns and was undisturbed by the interruption of his testimony.

"That wasn't just a killing, it was a massacre," said Heslin, who recalled dropping off his son at Sandy Hook Elementary school shortly before Lanza opened fire. "I just hope some good can come out of this."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/29/father-of-newtown-victim-heckled-at-hearing.html

Stay Classy Gun Nuts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Father of Newtown Victim Heckled by Gun Nuts

"Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Time and place, y'know.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

"Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Time and place, y'know.

Totally agree

Bingo...!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Hence the "Time and place, y'know." comment.

But of course for wingnuts, interupting someone during testimony isn't heckling, it's just how they roll.

Q: When is interupting someone in the midst of giving testimony not heckling?

So, why did the press edit out the question?  Why not let the whole testimony stand on its' own? 

Seems to be a habit of your press to do so, as they have done so repeatedly in the past, to make a point that never actually happened.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

An updated version this morning of the Hearing yesterday shows a divide.

(CNN) -- His voice wavering, Mark Mattioli wiped away tears as he recalled the day his 6-year-old son died when a man wielding an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle broke into Sandy Hook Elementary School and began shooting.

His son, James, was among the 20 children and seven adults killed by Adam Lanza on December 14 in Newtown, Connecticut -- an event so horrific that it has since spawned a federal task force and kick-started a national conversation about gun control.

But unlike the handful of other parents who testified Monday at the emotionally charged hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Mattioli said there are more than enough gun laws on the books. He called instead for a closer look at mental health policies.

"I don't care if you named it 'James' law,' I don't want (another law)," he said during the first of a series of meetings set up by a legislative task force assigned to review the state's gun laws.

"I think there's much more promise for a solution in identifying, researching and creating solutions along the lines of mental health."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

An updated version this morning of the Hearing yesterday shows a divide.

(CNN) -- His voice wavering, Mark Mattioli wiped away tears as he recalled the day his 6-year-old son died when a man wielding an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle broke into Sandy Hook Elementary School and began shooting.

His son, James, was among the 20 children and seven adults killed by Adam Lanza on December 14 in Newtown, Connecticut -- an event so horrific that it has since spawned a federal task force and kick-started a national conversation about gun control.

But unlike the handful of other parents who testified Monday at the emotionally charged hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Mattioli said there are more than enough gun laws on the books. He called instead for a closer look at mental health policies.

"I don't care if you named it 'James' law,' I don't want (another law)," he said during the first of a series of meetings set up by a legislative task force assigned to review the state's gun laws.

"I think there's much more promise for a solution in identifying, researching and creating solutions along the lines of mental health."

So even the father of a gun-massacred 1st grader sees no real gun problem and no gun regulation problem?

When a man rationalizes gun rights over the rights of his own deceased 6-year-old, I am very sorry to say that America is a clinically insane country.

How any reasonable person cannot see that assault weapons and large magazine clips have no place in civilized society (chocked full of lunatics) is a mystery greater than life itself.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.