Gomez vs Markey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Gomez vs Markey

Gabriel Gomez, son of Colombian immigrants whose first language was Spanish, graduate of the US Naval Academy, Officer US Navy, Navy Pilot, Navy Seal, Harvard MBA, accompolished business man, social moderate, fiscal conservative.

VS

Ed Markey...career political hack.

Will MA step up and do the right thing and vote in the better man or do the usual and send in the hack???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Gomez vs Markey

Anyone else notice that Lizzie Warren and Markey have the same hair style?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Unfortunately..I think the voters of MA have voter fatigue. This will be an advantage to Markey for sure. Markey wants Gomez to take a similar pledge to the one Brown and Warren agreed to...no outside money.  That will be a tough choice for Gomez. Taking outside money should be a huge turnoff for voters. However..if Gomez agrees to this pledge it puts him at a huge disadvantage because no doubt the Markey coffers are overflowing.

If Gomez is able to put together a really strong grassroots campaign over the next couple of months he stands a shot.  I've done a little research on Gomez..and personally I think could be a breath of fresh air for the state GOP. His stand on various issues are based in common sense and he strikes me as someone who will put people first and not politics.

If the MA GOP party were remotely organized or effective I would say that Gomez stands a great chance of winning. As it stands now though...he's going to have a lot of work to do.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

This election was lighting up talk radio this morning.  The hard righties are incensed just like they were PO'd with Brown.  Many of these dolts would bite their nose to spite their face.  Now we have Warren instead of Brown.

The WRKO host Jeff Kuhner is one of those dolts.  Much to his chagrin a hispanic guy called in and said he was for Gomez, not because he was hispanic although that helped but because he had conservative values.  He's Ok with Gomez's less than pure social positions, remember hispanics typically are conservative but have felt unloved by the GOP.

Gomez has a good chance to get most of the GOP support, most of the independent support and them get most of Lynch's Reagan Dem support who would rather throw up in their mouth then vote for Malarky.  Gomez represents a powerful threat to the Mass Dem establishment all of which partied at Malarky's last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Anyone notice that gomez is in the same line of business as romney ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I did notice that. I also noticed he was born of Colombian immigrants, is bilingual, went to Annapolis, joined Navy where he earned his wings flying Hawkeyes and Greyhounds, then became a Navy SEAL, received his MBA from Harvard Business School, works for investment firm, coaches youth baseball and softball, volunteers on a number of town committees, and serves as president of the Navy SEAL foundation of New England.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

I did notice that. I also noticed he was born of Colombian immigrants, is bilingual, went to Annapolis, joined Navy where he earned his wings flying Hawkeyes and Greyhounds, then became a Navy SEAL, received his MBA from Harvard Business School, works for investment firm, coaches youth baseball and softball, volunteers on a number of town committees, and serves as president of the Navy SEAL foundation of New England.

And I also noticed tht he tried to "swift boat" Obama in a State where Obama is very popular .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Gomez won't have much of a chance if he can't solidy his support amongst the MA GOP base.  Right now, talk radio is killing him and for whatever reason MA republicans are acting as though this state has routinely sent hard line conservatives to Washington.  We have not.  The truth is Gomez is pretty much in line with other major GOP leaders elected in the state either for congress (Scott Brown) or the governors office (Weld, Romney, etc).  If he can get his base behind him, he may be able to peel away seom votes from Markey.  He has a compelling story, good looks, and his platform is very reasonable.  He is electable, now he just needs to run a campaign to get him there. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And I also noticed tht he tried to "swift boat" Obama in a State where Obama is very popular .

I missed that. Do you have a link to that story? Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

FortySixand Two google Special Operations OPSEC Education Team . That is the name of the orginization that Gomez was the spokeman for . I also found some articles in Mass live.com.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm looking forward to watching as the sliming of Mr. Gomez progresses. Should be amusing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

FortySixand Two google Special Operations OPSEC Education Team . That is the name of the orginization that Gomez was the spokeman for . I also found some articles in Mass live.com.

Clearly I'm missing something as I've read through 10 links and have yet to see Gomez' named at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yes, I noticed.  Can't say that will be an asset.  The left loves to crucify successful people.

So, here's a comparison worth kicking arouund:

Gomez is an establishment candidate with a business background.

Markey is a retired ice cream truck driver.

Tell me, who is more qualified?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm looking forward to watching as the sliming of Mr. Gomez progresses. Should be amusing.

I think the left will paint him as a latino that talks like he's one of Romney's son's, and turned away from his heritage in order to become a callous successful person.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Yes, I noticed.  Can't say that will be an asset.  The left loes to crucify successful people.

In this state? Why of course, it would be the retired ice cream truck driver. Duh!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Really?  Obama was in Vietnam?

Who knew.

Hey, how many purple hearts?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Yes, I noticed.  Can't say that will be an asset.  The left loes to crucify successful people.

Wow..that's quite an elitist attitude. Are you saying average people..blue collar workers..service people..etc. are not qualified to run for office? Gee....I never knew you were a snob :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Clearly I'm missing something as I've read through 10 links and have yet to see Gomez' named at all.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/02/mass_senate_candidate_gabriel.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Really?  Obama was in Vietnam?

Who knew.

Hey, how many purple hearts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftboating

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Hey "Colonel Clink" ( skeeter ) how many Purple Hearts have you received from all the wounds that have been inflicted on you on BDC ..... self inflicted wounds don't count .... btw get this straight it's Purple Heart capital P and a capital H

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Wow..that's quite an elitist attitude. Are you saying average people..blue collar workers..service people..etc. are not qualified to run for office? Gee....I never knew you were a snob :-)

I'm saying, and I don't think this is a stretch, I would rather have my senator be a Navy Seal than a dispenser of Sealtest ice cream.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Gomez is too much of an unknown and I don't think he has enough time to effectively get his message out there.

I could say the same thing about Markey.  Heck, he doesn't even live in Massachusetts. How many people here know him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hey "Colonel Clink" ( skeeter ) how many Purple Hearts have you received from all the wounds that have been inflicted on you on BDC ..... self inflicted wounds don't count .... btw get this straight it's Purple Heart capital P and a capital H

I asked first.  How many purple hearts did Obama get during his stint in Vietnam?

(I love it how I have burrowed so deep under your skin!  you are definitely rattled)