GOP and Trust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

GOP and Trust

How can you trust a party who's last  administration  to hold office are not asked to show at their  convention .  Nor is their last VP nomanee.

"We really have no agenda but we will put more money in your pockets by going back to the policies which tanked our  economy,  Trust us we'll make it better ".... 

"PS your life is getting runied by gay marrage and union workers"

No wonder they have to have their debates against an empty chair

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: GOP and Trust

Jkjband..haven't you heard? According to the right wingers on this site the GOP convention was a resounding success. No missteps whatsoever. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Who could tell if it was a success or not? All Iheard were racist dog whistles.

The republican convention was fairly substantive, but lacking in polish.

The democrats convention is likely to be a slick affair, and devoid of substance.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Actually Skeeter, I will probably watch about as much of the Dem convention as I did of the GOP. If the dem convention has speakers that interest me, I will catch their speeches online, but to be honest, I haven't even honed in on the dem convention yet so have no idea who is speaking.

I thought there were a lot of bright spots in the GOP convention, but there were also a lot of missteps. I don't expect the Dem one to be any different. I'd rather hear the personal stories than the rhetoric.

I will say, it is odd that Bush wasn't there...although I think these days Jeb Bush is much more popular anyhow. Honestly, I hadn't given a thought to Bush until I read this post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jkjband's comment:

How can you trust a party who's last  administration  to hold office are not asked to show at their  convention .  Nor is their last VP nomanee.

"We really have no agenda but we will put more money in your pockets by going back to the policies which tanked our  economy,  Trust us we'll make it better ".... 

"PS your life is getting runied by gay marrage and union workers"

No wonder they have to have their debates against an empty chair

Yeah the Dems are much more cedible.

I wonder if Michael Moore is sitting next to the peanut farmer like the last dnc.

The radical muslim prayer session should set the tone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

When the audience is made up of people who believe man walked the earth with dinosaurs, that Noah loaded up the ark with 2 of everything, that Jesus turned water into wine, then they'll believe anything and can be told anything.  They believe Obama is a Kenyan and Muslim who was so influenced by 20 years of rev Wright that he became a Marxist but not a Christian.  He's an elitist because he went to the same Law School as Mitt but Mitt, with his stable of $100,000 dancing horses and elevator for his car, isn't an elitist, he's successful.

These highly principled people will embrace an idea presented by a republican but will turn on a dime and call the same idea Marxist if adopted by a Democrat.

They're a combination of the gullible and con men willing to prey on their naïveté. The republican leadership is like Bernie Madoff and the republican voters are like his clients.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The only time "Trust" and GOP go together is if Trust is part of Trust Fund.  Then it's a natural match.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

When the audience is made up of people who believe man walked the earth with dinosaurs, that Noah loaded up the ark with 2 of everything, that Jesus turned water into wine, then they'll believe anything and can be told anything.  They believe Obama is a Kenyan and Muslim who was so influenced by 20 years of rev Wright that he became a Marxist but not a Christian.  He's an elitist because he went to the same Law School as Mitt but Mitt, with his stable of $100,000 dancing horses and elevator for his car, isn't an elitist, he's successful.

These highly principled people will embrace an idea presented by a republican but will turn on a dime and call the same idea Marxist if adopted by a Democrat.

They're a combination of the gullible and con men willing to prey on their naïveté. The republican leadership is like Bernie Madoff and the republican voters are like his clients.

I wish there were a "like" button for posts like this.  You see a lot of the reasoning described by DWL used by some of the posters on this site..especially the posters who accuse others of being sheeple..all the while being led about and blindly believing and supporting anything their party says.
    By the way, Mitt Romney went to Harvard Law School too. I guess this makes him just another one of those elitist Harvard grads. The rhetoric is really out of control..and while both sides are guilty of it to some extent..it seems only one group really blindly believes it. Geesh..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Dopey commentary.

Bottom line is Obama is in over his head simple as that.

Half of the voters believe it, you and the assortment of idiots here trying to make it appear to be a fringe element.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Reading the posts here would lead you to believe that Obama is leading in polls 75 percent to 25 and the small number are out of touch but that isn't the case at all.

To put things into perspective labor day 1980 Carter the incumbent had a 15 point lead over Reagan 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

People are fed up. Even more so then in 1980, there was no Tea Party in 1980 but the silent majority voted in that election and will in this one.

I don't think you people have ever traveled out of Massachusetts you just talk to locals.

Obama is going to need a hugh turnout from the dead vote to win this one and why the Democrats, Obama and Holder object to something dumb like voter ID.

The dems always carry the dead vote.

Having to produce a licence to prove your identity before you vote.

They claim it suppresses the minority vote. You can't make this stuff up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Learn to think for ourselves???  The republican base is made up of a bunch of nuts that thinks Adam and Eve we're the first 2 people on earth.  They think the solution to a recession caused by Wall Street is to put someone from Wall Street in the Oval Office.  They think the solution to the suffering middle class is additional tax cuts for the wealthy, the one group whose income has risen since 2000.  They think making it harder for middle class kids to get an education is a good thing.

Everything the Republican leadership is telling you is a lie.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Actually Skeeter, I will probably watch about as much of the Dem convention as I did of the GOP. If the dem convention has speakers that interest me, I will catch their speeches online, but to be honest, I haven't even honed in on the dem convention yet so have no idea who is speaking.

I thought there were a lot of bright spots in the GOP convention, but there were also a lot of missteps. I don't expect the Dem one to be any different. I'd rather hear the personal stories than the rhetoric.

I will say, it is odd that Bush wasn't there...although I think these days Jeb Bush is much more popular anyhow. Honestly, I hadn't given a thought to Bush until I read this post.

The press will probably let the speakers actually speak, instead of the constant talking over during the republican convention.

I don't think it was odd that Bush wasn't there.  The left has made him radioactive! Unfairly I might add, and I don't even like Bush!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I don't think it was odd that Bush wasn't there.   The left has made him radioactive! Unfairly I might add, and I don't even like Bush!

[/QUOTE]

I think W had a lot to do with his "radioactivity" 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish there were a "like" button for posts like this.  You see a lot of the reasoning described by DWL used by some of the posters on this site..especially the posters who accuse others of being sheeple..all the while being led about and blindly believing and supporting anything their party says.
    By the way, Mitt Romney went to Harvard Law School too. I guess this makes him just another one of those elitist Harvard grads. The rhetoric is really out of control..and while both sides are guilty of it to some extent..it seems only one group really blindly believes it. Geesh..

[/QUOTE]

And the latest programming is this dogwhistle thing.  Started hearing it from Mr. Limbaugh.  Did he make it up?  Like mainstream media, lamestream media, driveby media, flyover America etc.?  So the programmed go forth to push it out into the national narrative.  And now it creeps in here.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

uhh oh.

R 48%
    O 44%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Must mean 48 percent of likely US voters are racist whacko wingnut fringe spankies.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

One thing you can 'trust' about the wingnuts; you can trust them to lie about everything and anything.

Paul Ryan now says he didn't run a marathon in less than three hours.
    http://www.journaltimes.com/news/state-and-regional/ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim/article_b531b817-462b-5686-96d5-e9296df94207.html

As bad as applying to a college (2) as a foreign student then deny you are a foreigner?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing you can 'trust' about the wingnuts; you can trust them to lie about everything and anything.

Paul Ryan now says he didn't run a marathon in less than three hours.
    http://www.journaltimes.com/news/state-and-regional/ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim/article_b531b817-462b-5686-96d5-e9296df94207.html

[/QUOTE
    Ryan did exaggerate his marathon time,  deliberately or just a flub...but he ran a marathon, that is impressive !

Ryan will be considered the most fit and in-shape Vice President in history .... a real example to follow up on soon-to-be-Former First Lady Michelle Obama's laudable fitness focus...

As to the 'old man's game'  of golf:

"On the golf course, Bill Clinton has an incredibly difficult time playing his ball where it lies. According to close observers (Tiger Woods among them), Clinton exhibits questionable math when he tallies his scorecard."

" And according to Washington Post reporter John Harris, Clinton was so upset about his inability to lose weight in 2000 that following his annual physical he instructed aides to release a bogus number that made him five pounds lighter...."