GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

CATHERINE THOMPSON – DECEMBER 5, 2013, 8:36 AM EST713

At this stage in the game what Obamacare needs is "more of a course change than a course reversal," one House Republican told the New York Times. 

“It’s not in dispute that many Americans’ lives are being disrupted in an important way by this law,” Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA) said, as quoted by the Times. “Is it also true that some Americans’ lives have gotten better? Yes, and to not acknowledge that is to deny reality.” 

As the Times points out, the option to repeal the health care law entirely grew distant as enrollments in the relaunched federal health care exchange increased.

About 29,000 people signed up for insurance plans via HealhCare.gov on Sunday and Monday, while less than 27,000 had been able to enroll for the entire month of October. The increase in sign-ups has caused Republicans to shift their criticism of the health care law from the website to problems like rate shock and canceled policies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep-the-reality-is-some-americans-lives-have-gotten-better-with-obamacare

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

Of course. Just getting rid of pre-x and lifetime max alone is a HUGE improvement in peoples lives. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The increase in sign-ups has caused Republicans to shift their criticism of the health care law from the website to problems like rate shock and canceled policies.

[/QUOTE]

And next year it will be back to Benghazi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And by the end of President Obama's term all the provisions of Obamacare will finally have kicked in.

That is over three years from now.

I cannot imagine anyway by then to repeal Obamacare outright. What should have been happenning in those three years is feedback should be coming in from all 50 states, and the plan should be throwing out what does not work, and adding things to make it work better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course. Just getting rid of pre-x and lifetime max alone is a HUGE improvement in peoples lives. 

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. As well as annual maximums and kicking people off when they get sick.

Eventually, people, who tend to have a short memories , will take all these essential provisions for granted...to be expected. Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. As well as annual maximums and kicking people off when they get sick.

Eventually, people, who tend to have a short memories , will take all these essential provisions for granted...to be expected. Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye.

[/QUOTE]

"Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye."

Their existence? Are you saying people should cease to exist if they try to take ACA away? A bit over the top don't ya think???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Please spare me/us ..........  Wake up America, its later than you think !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye."

Their existence? Are you saying people should cease to exist if they try to take ACA away? A bit over the top don't ya think???

[/QUOTE]

Government Goon: Excuse me sir, do you support the ACA legislation?

Legislative Hack 1:  Um, yes I do.

Government Goon: Very good sir, please move over there.

Legislative Hack 1:  What is over there?

Government Goon:  Some light snacks and beverages.  Thank you

Legislative Hack 1:  Oh  good.  I am feeling a bit peckish as the Brits would say!

Government Goon:  And you sir, do you support the ACA legislation?

Legislative Hack 2:  No, absolutely not.  Repeal it right now!

Government Goon:  Very good sir, please move over there to that empty room.

Legislative Hack 2:  No snacks?  I see how this is, next I'll be audited, RIGHT?

Government Goon: *SMILES*

Legislative Hack 2: Wait a minute, what is this "room" you have put me in, this is not a room, its...its some sort of contraption.  LEMME OUT OF HERE!

Government Goon: Sir, your cooperation is mandatory. Now if you would just be still while I close this door and turn on the molecular destabilizer...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Legislative Hack 1:  Oh  good.  I am feeling a bit peckish as the Brits would say!

Legislative Hack 2:  No snacks?  I see how this is, next I'll be audited, RIGHT?

Legislative Hack 2: Wait a minute, what is this "room" you have put me in, this is not a room, its...its some sort of contraption.  LEMME OUT OF HERE!

Government Goon: Sir, your cooperation is mandatory. Now if you would just be still while I close this door and turn on the molecular destabilizer...

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It a huge shift of money, those that couldn't afford insurance can now get it with other peoples money.

The bad part is, some of the "other people" were barely scraping by financially already so, they are now even worse off.

The middle class will be hit hard which will likely shrink our middle class and expand those at the poverty level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post. And it saves me from replying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

ObamaCare is sometimes sold as an efficiency method, as "cost efficient" ; the Government is going to come in and fix all the flaws of the mean old private sector, and save money while adding 40 million to the healthcare system.  Right.....

But mostly it is sold as "helping the poor"; and the reality is, Obamacare is just another income redistribution scheme, taking from the productive and self sufficient. 

So obviously the beneficiaries of this redistribution scheme benefit from ObamaCare, no question.

The hope, of course, is just like other boondoogle Government programs, the recipients will get comfortable and expect their free stuff, and vote Democrat.

The very definition of eternal life is a Government program, once it sticks its tentacles into the taxpayers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

The likelihood of outright appeal is low. Republicans would have to have veto proof majorities in the House and Senate.

There are some good things about Obamacare but they come with a lot of bad things. On top of that is the implementation incompetence and Obama's never-ending abuse of power by issuing edicts. That is only going to make matters worse.

The disaster will continue unimpeded until enough Democrats see their election chances dwindling. In just a short time the generic House poll has shifted dramaitcally to the Republicans. This will force something fix some of the problems and get rid of some parts of the law that are not worth keeping. Call it a rolling repeal and replace.

Another consideration is how many votes are required in the Senate to convict the President on impeachment. If it gets close after the next election and the messes continue, that might force more replacement of the stoopid law that no one read before they voted on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The likelihood of outright appeal is low. Republicans would have to have veto proof majorities in the House and Senate.

There are some good things about Obamacare but they come with a lot of bad things. On top of that is the implementation incompetence and Obama's never-ending abuse of power by issuing edicts. That is only going to make matters worse.

The disaster will continue unimpeded until enough Democrats see their election chances dwindling. In just a short time the generic House poll has shifted dramaitcally to the Republicans. This will force something fix some of the problems and get rid of some parts of the law that are not worth keeping. Call it a rolling repeal and replace.

Another consideration is how many votes are required in the Senate to convict the President on impeachment. If it gets close after the next election and the messes continue, that might force more replacement of the stoopid law that no one read before they voted on it.

[/QUOTE]

You can't just impeach a president because you don't like them, there has to be legal precedent. God every one of your posts is more ignorant then the last.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How so? I still don't know what you meant by "kiss their existence goodbye"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It a huge shift of money, those that couldn't afford insurance can now get it with other peoples money.

[/QUOTE]

Which is pretty much how the system was operating before reform with many more barriers and pitfalls and insecurity.

Taxes pay for all kinds of things; health care coverage for the poor, the indigent, the young and the old is certainly one of them.

So, why don't you want people to have health coverage...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I wrote that people could kiss their careers goodbye And the groups could kiss their existence goodbye.

Yes, this is a slight paraphrase to make myself extremely clear, 46&2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I wrote that people could kiss their careers goodbye And the groups could kiss their existence goodbye.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see the GOP ceasing to exist but hey...you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously. What charge or charges would be the basis for impeaching President Obama, Hansoribrother?

No point in going through convicting him...the proceure, the vote, etc....if first you do not state what the proposed charges are for impeachment?

Kinf of like a criminal defendant must be indicted first before we start discussing convicting him or her in the criminal justice system. Maybe not a perfect analogy but not a bad one. Probable cause for arrest. Then a hearing before a judge OR go before a grand jury for an indictment.

As for cases arising in different states to try and chop away at Obamacare, those of course are civil matters, which will, if successful, work their way up whichever circuit to the Supreme Court, which may choose to hear it or choose not to hear it. The federal government has the right to appeal any loss , all the way up to SCOTUS. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

[/QUOTE]

I don't see the GOP ceasing to exist but hey...you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

And for the record, I do not envision the GOP ceasing to exist either. That is not where I was going with that post. But I do envision the GOP having to change tactics for now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

And for the record, I do not envision the GOP ceasing to exist either. That is not where I was going with that post. But I do envision the GOP having to change tactics for now.

[/QUOTE]

That is why I asked for clarification

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Now, ironically, this 2700-page monstrosity, ObamaCare, when all is said and done, according to the Congressional Research Service who doesn't work for the Republicans or Democrats, you are still going to have 30 million uninsured.

Out of all of this disruption and all of this disruption comes a result with 30 million still uninsured. This is catastrophic failure not only for the health care system but for all of Americans.

I understand why you're holding on hoping this will still work, if it does not, it's a pretty big blow to liberalism.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

[/QUOTE]

That is why I asked for clarification

[/QUOTE]

Understood. I am good. Hope you are as well. In other words we are good, as far as I am concerned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Here is one example already of the GOP shifting tactics from focusing on the website. 

GOP: HealthCare.gov Might Be Fixed, But Obamacare Still Sucks
    Obama-congress AP Photo

DYLAN SCOTT – DECEMBER 4, 2013, 6:00 AM EST10813

Republicans aren't impressed with the Obama administration's claim that HealthCare.gov is now effectively fixed. That's not really the issue, they've started to say. No, the problem is canceled policies, lost doctors and higher premiums. Who cares if the website is working?

That is a far cry from the early days of October when a dysfunctional website was "proof" that Obamacare "has been an unmitigated disaster" in the words of House Speaker John Boehner in an Oct. 4 statement.

But that's no longer the preferred talking point. Instead, the GOP has become enamored with insurance cancellations that they say violate President Obama's "if you like your health plan, you can keep it" promise and claims of rate shock. Boehner reinforced that shift at his most recent press conference.

"It's not just a broken website," he said Tuesday. "This bill is fundamentally flawed, causing people to lose the doctor of their choice, causing them to lose their health plan, and if that's not enough, they have to pay more in premiums."

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) echoed the same point moments later.

"While the White House wants to claim that HealthCare.gov is now working, we know that Obamacare is still plagued with problems," he said. "This is not something that is helping Americans. It is harming people who need help most right now."

This evolution has been underway for a while. When House Republicans interrogated Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at an Oct. 30 hearing ostensibly focused on the website, they spent half the time asking about the "keep your health plan" promise. A week later, Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) told another top administration official that he was "sure you'll be able to fix the website" but he was "more concerned" about canceled policies.

But the switch now seems to be complete. Sure, Republicans will still raise questions about the website when it suits them -- Cantor mentioned security concerns and problems with the back-end on Tuesday -- but it's no longer the headline.

In the words of Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn (R-TX): "So Obamacare is fixed now that the website has been improved? Not on your life."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/gop-healthcaregov-who-cares